New Years Resolutions!!!

• well again my friends we enter the gluttonous season and aswell as preparing things to stuff ourselves with we must also think about next years hardships.

1. i will lost the last 50ish pounds 2 i will got to uni and enjoymyself 3 i will again give up chocolate for the year to aid in the weightloss
  • No resolutions for me. I never stick to them anyway. Jan 1st isn't any different than any other day for me.

What I need to do, I need to do now!!!
  • Resolutions are usually unobtainable and we set ourselves up for defeat. Go ahead and make one but make sure it's something you can really do. Like,instead of saying "no more chocolate",say "only low cal chocolate",or "less chocolate".Be good to yourself.
  • well see no more chocolate is very obtainable i did it for the whole of 2003 because a mate bet me a pint of beer i couldnt' do it so its something i know i can do
  • My New Year's resolution is to learn to ride my motorcycle better and to pass the beginner bikers class so that I can get my license! I guess weight wise, I just want to make some healthier choices. That's not just for the New Years, that should be something I always do!!
  • I love it Si a pint of beer for no chocolate. That's totally worth it. I like new years resolutions. It gives you a chance to think over your goals and to try and set new ones. If you don't try you will never succeed.

1. Continue to try and be a better husband. After braking my back I am more grouchy than what I used to be. So I would like to try and manage the pain better so I'm not such a grouch.

2. Continue to lose this weight. I would like to make it to 245 this next year. I think that is well within my ability.
  • Quote: I like new years resolutions. It gives you a chance to think over your goals and to try and set new ones. If you don't try you will never succeed.

1. Continue to try and be a better husband. After braking my back I am more grouchy than what I used to be. So I would like to try and manage the pain better so I'm not such a grouch.

2. Continue to lose this weight. I would like to make it to 245 this next year. I think that is well within my ability.
    Howie, I love you, man.....
  • Ahhh I'm blushing. Thanks Sarah. By the way I was getting ready to come in hunt you down if you had not shown yourself. Glad your back with us.
  • President Bush is currently visiting Canada. Since we're hardly a political hotspot, I doubt his visit is being accorded much press coverage in the States. How was he welcomed in the Great White North? Well, in his first press conference he said he'd like to thank those Canadians who came out to greet him with a wave - then he added, "I mean I want to thank those who waved with FIVE fingers". Oh yeah, my resolution...not to go off topic at 3FC?
  • Hmmm I don't think I'm gonna have any resolutions this year, since usually they all center around diet/exercise. I would like to not gain more than 15 pounds with the pregnancy and I would like to continue to exercise, but it's all up to the baby
  • Quote: President Bush is currently visiting Canada. Since we're hardly a political hotspot, I doubt his visit is being accorded much press coverage in the States. How was he welcomed in the Great White North? Well, in his first press conference he said he'd like to thank those Canadians who came out to greet him with a wave - then he added, "I mean I want to thank those who waved with FIVE fingers". Oh yeah, my resolution...not to go off topic at 3FC?
    Jill, I'll go on record as stating that I hope to heaven that you're unable to keep that resolution. And while I'm speaking on the record, I'll say that Mr. Bush would not have cause to thank me, given the above criteria.
  • Quote: Jill, I'll go on record as stating that I hope to heaven that you're unable to keep that resolution. And while I'm speaking on the record, I'll say that Mr. Bush would not have cause to thank me, given the above criteria.
    Well said Sarah!! On both accounts!!

As for me and my resolutions - 1. Continue to stay on track and to know that just because I mess up that it's ok and carry on. 2. To like myself once again.
  • oh sorry there is a 4th to spend less amount of hours in emercency at the hospital lol
  • My goals for the new year:

1. To continue to be healthy, smoke-free and at a normal weight.
    2. To start my family.