Hi. Desperate and looking for support.

• Hey Everyone,

I'm really sad right now. I'm so mad at myself. I keep eating myself into a corner and I don't know how to get out . I started out at 260 lbs. One day I got really serious and dedicated and decided to exercise and loose the weight. I lost 37 lbs and went down to 223 and I have not been able to go lower since. Now I'm back up to 240 and I'm becoming really depressed and angry. I can't seem to stop myself from binging . I don't know what's causing it. Maybe I need to see a shrink or something. But Here I go again. Today, I'm trying to start my diet again and my first goal is to get my weight to 220. I really WISH I knew why I have no will power. I don't want to be miserable but I'm definitely going to be, if I gain any more weight . So I have no choice but to try. If anyone has advice or support I would REALLY appreciate it. Thanks.

Kayemu

• HI, Kayemu. Just wanted to say you are not alone. I try to look at losing weight like an alcoholic getting sober...I just take it one day at a time. Some days are a breeze, I do really good and feel great. Other days are terrible, and I feel angry at myself. What I have learned is that unless I forgive myself, no one else will. That's what you need to do. Give yourself a break and stop being so hard on yourself.

As for your emotional binging, maybe you should speak to your doctor about it. Depression and anger both contribute to eating habits. If you got your emotions under control, then maybe your eating will follow.

Just hang in there and don't give up. You lost weight before and you can do it again.
  • Kayemu, I've had a very large appetite as long as I can remember. I'm very prone to eating when bored and just eating to be eating. So when I decided to lose the weight, I didn't go with a "diet", but chose to eat healthy and exercise. I still eat when I'm not really hungry sometimes and try to stop myself by chewing sugar free gum or getting out and doing something. But I still managed to lose weight by binging on "good stuff". If you have to eat something, eat an apple, salad, etc. Keep healthy foods around and even if you manage to overeat, it's all good stuff and you'll still lose weight. Your appetite will decrease as the weight decreases. And if you add daily exercise (set aside a time you can stick with and mix up the exercises to reduce any boredom), you will drop the weight much faster and tone it up more.