I am going to make it through Thanksgiving

• With all the concern about "blowing my diet" on Thanksgiving, I have made a decision that I won't. For me this progress. Before I would have used Thanksgiving as an excuse to stuff myself with all the carbs I could eat. I have been doing the Southbeach diet for 4 weeks now and have lost 8lbs on last weeks weigh in. I really don't want to go back to Phase 1 to detox again. So I decided to enjoy the turkey and vegtables and most of all the company. I bought a fairly expensive Merlot and I will be happy. Your support and information on this board has helped me stay focused and motivated. I thank you all and wish you weight loss this week. Don't let the carbs take over your day. Best wishes, FoxyKitty
  • Hello Kitty (I couldn't resist - you know, the Hello Kitty little girl line of products)

Anyhoo, welcome to 'the beach.' Its good to have you aboard. Congrats on your weight loss.

I love this part of your post:
    Quote: I bought a fairly expensive Merlot and I will be happy. Your support and information on this board has helped me stay focused and motivated. I thank you all and wish you weight loss this week. Don't let the carbs take over your day. Best wishes, FoxyKitty
    Happy Thanksgiving!
  • Great attitude, foxykitty. I hope you stick around now that you've found us!
  • FoxyKitty, welcome! What a great idea... treating yourself to an expensive wine.