New Year, New Goals, New Me Week 47--5 more weeks to go!

• Hi All.

I'm struggling. I'm going back to basics--

1. Exercise 3 times a week, 30 minutes a day. Anything over is excellent.
    2. Stay within daily points.

That is all I can handle at this point. Too much stress otherwise!

Chach
  • I hear you on the stress, Chachee. I too need to get back to basics. I start with basics. Stay committed. Then, get kind of lost and distracted. Exercising (cardio and weights). Drinking Water. Staying with my menu. These are the things that are important.

I also want to focus on the bigger picture. I know, the search for who I want to be when I grow up seems never ending. But, I realized that I am so afraid of failing or not being good enough, that Idon't try and end up failing by ommission. Life is too short not to try. I need to embrace that.

Have a great day.
  • Hey, Chachee. I just noticed the PM you sent me, with your picture link. HOw cute! I love your family portraits. Your son looks adorable. Actually, ya all are pretty darn cute Aren't your puppies from the same litter? One looks quite a bit larger than the other. I am glad I got to see them.

Take it easy.
  • Hey Jolly,

We should call this thread Back to Basics, huh? That is right where I am now.

Glad you got to see the puppies finally! Yep, the small one is Peanut (female) and the big one is Buster (male). Brother and sister from the same litter.

I am exhausted and my week has just begun. We spent the entire weekend cleaning and grocery shopping. The kind of cleaning we have put off the last year--organizing, filing, shredding, etc. We did all this so my hubby could have a sparkling new house for his parents to see.

I planned our menu around healthy eating. Here is what we are having: turkey breast, ham (I don't eat that), cheese mashed potatoes (I can have a little amount ), stuffing (I don't eat that), veggie tray, green beans, corn, homemade buttermilk biscuits (I'm splurging on these) and for dessert, fruit salad in light cool whip. My neighbor is making us a pumpkin roll, and it's amazing. So, all in all we are going to have a healthy dinner. Might even make some deviled eggs.

Jolly, we have a few more weeks. I gotta stop adding a few pounds on or else my new smaller clothes won't fit! Time to get focused again before the holidays ruin all I worked for.

Happy Monday!

Chach
  • Hi All.

I probably won't be posting again until Tuesday. Busy week ahead and will be off work also.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and remembers what the holiday is all about.

Don't eat too much!

Chach
  • Hey Chachee. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I will be spending time thinking about my goals, dreams, and priorities. And hoping for the best. I have to have a test done on the 7th. Lucky me.

Take care.
  • I'm here for a quick minute.

Jolly, I will keep you in my prayers. I know what a health scare can do to someone. I'll be thinking of you and hoping things turn out okay.

Happy Thanksgiving and if you are here on Friday, go ahead and start the new thread.

Chach