new to forum

• Hi,
    This is my first time posting here. I've struggled with my weight my entire life. I think I have done every diet there is to try!!! Most recently I was low carbing. This plan worked for me for a while but it was not something I could do for the rest of my life. I'm so tired of dieting!!!!!!!!!!! I'm thinking about just trying to eat normally. ( would'nt that be a change!!!) I think portion control could be my ticket. I want it so bad, something has to give!! I also struggle with binge eating. This is exausting me. I'm so worn out, and it effects my entire day and attitude. Somethings got to give! I don't want to look back on my 30's with any regrets.
  • NOt every diet works for every person, I started by telling myself I wasnt dieting but changing my life..... I dont follow any particular plan except cutting calories, i keep mine to about 1200-1400 a day (usually 1200) but it means i can have a cookie once in awhile or a piece of pizza as long as i stay in my calorie range, dont get me wrong most of the time i eat very healthy, because you can eat more of the healthy stuff like fruits and vegies, just find a plan that works for you. portion control is an excellent place to start, you only need to cut 500 cals a day to lose one pound a week........ good luck!
  • Hi Laura:
    I'm sure through proper research, you can find an eating plan that you can make a part of your lifestyle change. Or like hippiechic suggested plain calorie cutting/portion control is a great way to start until you find your way. Sometimes it takes a week or more to get used to an eating plan. Just dont badger yourself if you slip sometimes. Start up fresh the next day..after a while, it will become second nature. You will lose the craving for things that were bad for you, etc. I've just restarted my weightloss challenge for myself within the last 3 days. Everyone is welcome to check in on me from time to time and sign my guestbook I figure the more people I have checking in on me the more accountable I will be for my eating and working out
    I wish you the best of luck and success along your journey,and I am sure you will do just fine. You are free to email or msg me too
    Kia
  • Hi, Laura, welcome to the forum. I have the same struggles. For the past three weeks I have been OP after months of binging and I feel much calmer and in control. I, too, have problems with portion control. If you don't have to feed anyone else in your household, you might want to try using Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine and Smart Ones meals. This is built in portion control and you know exactly how many calories you are consuming. I buy other things in individual portions, cottage cheese, yogurt, jello cups, etc. so that I know how much I'm eating. Hippie chick is on the right track with calorie counting. If you're not ready to cut down all at once, try doing it in small ways, such as substituting low fat milk and mayo and having two servings of vegs instead of potatoes or other starch. Whatever you do, this forum is here to support you. Good luck.
  • thanks for stopping by, and all the words of encouragment. As we all know it's one day at a time. I'm kind of down in the dumps right now and it's harder for me to stay in control. I'm going to give it all I have..
    Thanks again,
    Laura