Core Support Board #3

You're on Page 5 of 14
Go to
  • hi you all,

back from the hockey game. Kurt's team won 8-2!! Way to go team!! It was a 2 hour drive and on the way home (cause you have to get home to watch the grey cup) we stopped at a fast food place and i really splurged. i think i ate my whole 35 wpa's at one meal. i will have to go and look it up. but that hamburger was calling my name. and those fries.........eck........! I was good and had a diet coke -- ya right on the being good part! back on track tomorrow. but tonight i have to drink that extra water. I have not had a hamburger since the beginning of October......let alone the fries......bad bad.......oh dear!

There I am done chewing myself out. I am going to go and pack a salad for my lunch ... no other wpa's til weigh in is over on thursday.

5-6 pounds to goal! YEA what a great feeling that must be. It will happen. Patience patience !

This is a great board! I love it and if my friend decides to join WW I will tell her about it as well. Always nice late at night or early in the day to check in......just reading it gives encouragement!!

I want to make the 20lb marker in the next 2 weeks. And when I do I am going to buy a new charm for my bracelet. I will know it stands for 20lbs!!

Keep walking on the sunny side of life,
  • ooops!.......I did it again.
    Sunday's are always SOO Hard on me!! I started the morning out fine, I had scrambled eggs for Breakfast, then after church all I ate at my Grandma's was ham. We left for West to go pick up the kids, and on the way back we were all starving. My hubby asked what we had at the house to eat, and I said..."egg sandwich?". NOPE........... he didn't want that. He asked about Appleby's or Jason's Deli. I said if you want to pick up something for yourself, you can, but we cannot afford for all 6 of us to eat out right now. It will cut into our Christmas Funds. I told him we could stop at a Fast Food, and take him something home, or stop at the grocery store. He said he needed to eat NOW because as soon as we got home, he needed to get in bed. He needed something very quick. (He goes to bed very early, because he has to leave the house at 3:00am to get to work). So he said where is somewhere cheap to eat? He decided on CiCi's pizza, because it is like $20 bucks for all of us to eat, and the kids can eat as much as they want. So I ate pizza again this week!! I was really wanting to not use any points until Thursday for Thanksgiving!! We are actually having Thanksgiving with my mother-in-law Wed. night, and then Thanksgiving with my mom on Thursday. Why oh Why did I have to eat that pizza?? I could have just sat there with them and eaten at home..... So now, I for sure will not lose weight this week, which throws off my Christmas and New Years goal.......

I used to be so strong! I even made it through Halloween with flying colors! And now.............. I give in at the drop of a hat. My husband has been doing the diet with me, which has helped. He used to cheat all the time and still lose weight... I used to stay strong even when he wasn't, now if he gives in I am following right behind him!! Ofcourse I felt SOO guilty afterwards, and asked myself why do I do it when the pizza is not that great anyways!! Definately not like Pizza Inn....... We only eat there because it is always buffet and really cheap. I will try to remember all these things next time he suggests it.

I apologize for not remembering who it was, but someone else reached 10%.... Way To Go!! AWESOME job!! You Rock!! I cannot wait until I finally reach 10%! I still have a ways to go........

I wish everyone in the States a wonderful Holiday Thursday!! May you eat, drink, be merry, and come away a pound lighter!!!!
  • Teri, I hope you read my response early on Monday morning. It was ONE MEAL. Yeah....it wasn't good to eat pizza but you did and it's over. You are NOT automatically doomed to gain or not lose. Spend the next 3 days drinking a ton of water, try to exercise, and stay on program. The worst thing you could do is let this one meal send you into a tailspin. I've been there. It would be really easy right now for you to eat bad for the next couple of days until your weigh in. If you resist, you just might be surprised at the results.

I know you didn't ask for my 2 cents.....sometimes I just can't help myself!
  • Sorry, Teri. I just reread your post and feel like I should give you 2 more cents! Since you know Sundays are hard, maybe you need to prepare better. Instead of eggs, maybe you should eat oatmeal made with milk and some fruit in it. You know....stick to your ribs stuff. If you go to Grandma's every week, maybe you could bring salad fixins and some veggies and maybe a potato with you so that you don't have to be so hungry. Not one of us could resist pizza when we are starving to death! It doesn't seem like you had hardly any food.
  • Thanks!
    Thanks Vicki!! I needed that!!............. I was feeling so guilty last night, because isn't that usually how it goes? WE stay the same weight because we keep giving in, and eating the same? It helps to think of it as one meal. Because almost all my meals are very healthy and Core. Usually when we go to Grandma's everyone brings a dish, but Sunday we were running late, and I did not have time to make anything. But there is usually always potatoes made with nothing except skim milk, fresh green beans, etc. But last Sunday my mom had brought over her leftovers from the company Thanksgiving dinner, so there was cornbread chicken ( a different version of dressing), sweet potato casserole, and broccoli rice casserole. It was sooo tempting, but I only ate the ham that was there. I left feeling deprived, but very proud of myself at the same time. We left early to get the kids from their dad's because Greg is working today to make up for being off the Friday after Thanksgiving. We should have taken food with us, or stopped somewhere where I could have gotten a salad or ANYTHING better than pizza, but as you said what's done is done.

I tried making oatmeal using splenda, and again.......I just could not take it. I wound up tossing it out. Right now a smoothie or eggs are about the only thing I am eating for breakfast, besides fruit. I made a smoothie this morning for breakfast. It was an old WW recipe I had from several years ago. IT is called banana oat smoothie. 8oz skim milk, banana, tbsp rolled oats, and 1 package sweet and low or splenda. It was pretty good.

I need to go take my son to Pre-K, then come home and get busy on my school assignments.

Thanks again for the support and encouragement! I really appreciate ALL of you listening and offering well wishes and advise.

Good Luck everyone!
  • Teri, you sound much better this morning! I don't know what I would do if I didn't like Spenda. I'm practically putting it in everything I eat!

I'll have to see if I can come up with some breakfast ideas for you. I love a challenge!
  • I love that idea of "what's done is done" -- not to give us license to just go out and eat and eat -- but more as an idea of not being too hard on ourselves if we ... gasp! ... suddenly become human and fail once in a while!!! Frannie, you did what you had to do and will get over it. So it adds like five or 10 hours to the time when you reach your final goal? Big deal!!

It's like my coworker said a few days ago. I just love this. She started last December and has lost 56 pounds since then. Last week her leader asked what everyone was going to eat for Thanksgiving, and she said I'm eating turkey and gravy and stuffing and mashed potatoes and green bean casserole and rolls and pumpkin pie and just whatever the heck I want!!! Whatever I do, it's NOT going to make me regain the 56 pounds with that one meal, so I'm going to enjoy it!! Is that great or WHAT??
  • Kathy, I sure hope I can say I've lost 50 plus pounds at this time next year. I do know that I'll still be here, plugging away!
  • Kathy, I love what your co-worker said! Very, very true.

Vickie, if you are as inspiring and encouraging to yourself as you have been to me, then you will definitely be where you need to be on the scale next year!

Keep up the good work and positive words! By the way, weighed in last week and no change on the scale. TOM and kind of went nuts a bit over the weekend. Weighing in on Wednesday, will see. Doing CORE as much as possible through this weekend, but with family and friends in town not going to beat myself up, yet not going to throw caution to the wind either. Going to make smarter choices and make sure I workout everyday, so that the scale is pleasing and not dreaded next week. Starting Monday, full-on CORE without a 'Free Day' or 'Days'. I will follow the plan as I did when I started. Which should jumpstart the loss again!

Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving everyone!!!!

Torrey
  • Hey, Torrey! I was just thinking last week that I hadn't seen any posts from you. I'm real glad to hear that all is well with you. A "stay the same" is great for a TOM weigh in. I'll be weighing in this week on Wednesday since Thursday is my normal weigh in day and WW is closed. It is also my TOM week. So I get to weigh in a day early and my TOM! Yikes, I'm PRAYING for a stay the same!

Thanks so much for your kind words. I'm not as encouraging to myself as I can be to others. I guess I'm just too close to me! I'm going to try to take me own advice.
  • Thanks Kathy! I love what your co-worker said too. Whats done is done! I am right back on track but not getting my hopes up on Thursday weigh in. Will love a stay the same!

I have decided to take Friday off work. It is not the holiday here but I usually celebrate it too. So I am going to do a turkey so I can have turkey all the next week!

Vicki.....you can do it! I know you can! 1 week at a time.

Torrey, staying the same is a good thing. We all have pit days.

Everyone keep up the good work! We can do this by sticking together

Cheers
  • Just got back from my weigh in and I'm down .8 for a total of 16 pounds. As always, I was hoping for more but I'm happy with this. TOM and one day short because of Thanksgiving, so not bad!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
  • Congrats!! (what does TOM mean?)

Here's something frustrating! Before heading out to class last night I was saying to my bf how I could totally go for a piece of cheesecake at the moment... well upon returning from class he had gone out and gotten cheesecake for a treat and because I have been doing so good on the plan. Lol.... it was a nice thought but I was like dont sabotage me!! ahah I had a small slice and made him take the rest to work this morning... now that I had a taste... my old cravings are coming back... lol especially for cookies.. ahah. Gotta jump back on the bandwagon and be good again.
  • Silverain, stay away from the sugar....it makes you want more!
  • Silverain, it means time of month -- like when Aunt Flo visits! LOL! Thank goodness (and a hysterectomy at age 30) that I'm too old for that and don't have it anymore!

Congratulations, Vickie!!! You are doing so well!!