Wanted: Support

You're on Page 1 of 12
Go to
  • Well, it's been about 2 1/2 years since I've checked in. I'm about the same, if not worse, shape as I was then. I've contemplated surgery a couple of times, but everytime I start to research it, I get mad as **** and decide I can do it myself. I've resolved to start a new journey...a one-way trip to permanent weight loss. I'm looking for someone to support me along the way. I know I've got it in me. Perhaps you're looking for help, too. I'm great at motivating others, but I'd be a challenge for you. I'm great at making excuses. So don't let me get away with anything! I'm giving you permission to let loose on me, if needed.

Here are my stats: Age: 34, gulp, soon to be 35. Weight: ~285 lbs. Family: Husband and 2 children Location: Pennsylvania

If you're game, let me know. Thanks for considering.
  • Hi Rebecca
    I've done more lurking than anything on the posts.

I think I may even be 3lbs over than when I put my profile on the 100 club. Just dread jumpimng in b/c I'll be commited. Hate saying that.

Would like a buddy to work with.
    Maybe I can really commite to this then.

I'm thinking of the South Beach diet as it is low glycemic foods & I'm am type II diabetic.

I am up to 278 on a 5'4' frame - can't even claim big bones.
    I am also a stress & emotion eater- bored , , , celebrating - whatever the occation - Any old excuse to eat.

I did find that a weight loss vitamin helps with cravings. My biggest craving is steak and potato chips. I can eat those on a low glycemic diet if I can keep the amount down to a decent size. I took the (deck of cards) and devided them in two & put them side by side to see what a thinner piece of meat looks like- not bad at all.

Be glad to buddy with you. Let me know. Carol
  • Glad to have you, Carol. Yum, steak and pots. Now, we're getting down to business! I'm off to the store. I've read about every book there is and tried many plans. Lower carb works for me. I say lower because I think I'll fail if I don't allow myself some carbs. My problem is moderation. I think we're both in that boat. Think about one goal you want to set for this week. I'll think about mine. We can do this, Carol, I know we can. I hope others join in as well. Take care.
  • Ok Rebecca
    Well it wasn't a bad start - rye toast w/cheese-nuked

Tom was ill so I made beef & noodles over mashed potatoes.
    He took liquid tylenol, slept & didn't eat. Guess who did.

Hiding out upstairs now - at least I am away from the kitchen.
    Only a 1/4 cup of sesame sticks left up here & coffee.

If I can get the excess water out & exercise in maybe I can be back at my starting point of 275 by next Sunday. Maybe to 273? Carol
  • My goal for the week
    Alright, Carol, here we go. No turning back now. My goal for the week is to exercise at least 3 times. At least one of those times will be at Curves. I will also walk the dog at least once. I had my last Pepsi for awhile.

Tomorrow starts "lower" carb for me. I'm a huge popcorn nut. However, I looked at my bag and realized I can have it as snacks since there's so much fiber. I guess I'll try to start at < to 40 grams of carbs. As time goes on, I'll adjust.

I hope to hear from you as soon. I'll check in sometime tomorrow. I want a definate goal from you, lady! NO EXCUSES! (I told you I can be a bit pushy! Don't be afraid to give it right back.) Good luck and stay healthy
  • Can I join in?
    Hi ladies!
    Just wondering if I could join in. My name is Kathy and I want to be a loser! I started the summer at 272 and currently weigh 245. Not much exercise, just drastically cutting back on food, mainly no junk food, and LOTS of water. I never really drank water before, I was a Diet Dr Pepper junkie, I could drink a 6 pack a day. Now I can't stand the taste of drinks that sweet, except my sugar-free Chai tea latte(I don't drink coffee). I am on a group on yahoo that is having a Thanksgiving challenge and my goal is 240 by 11/22. 2 weeks, 5 pounds? My problem with that group is it is s...l... ...w! I want more! I need more excitement!!

About me-I am 35, married 17 years, 6 kids(this is me-> ) Live in Idaho.
    Hope to *see* you soon!

Kathy
  • Welcome
    Hi Kathy,

It sounds like your on the right road. Way to go. I want you to make a goal for this week. I know you'll be able to reach that Thanksgiving goal, but take it one week at a time. Do you exercise much? My goal is to exercise 3 days this week. How about an exercise goal? We're all busy but we need to take time for ourselves or we aren't any good to our loved ones. So no excuses woman! (I prefer "motivating" over "pushy.")

Keep going on the water. I'm not a coffee drinker either but I'm a sucker for Pepsi. I need to lay off of that. Ok, think about your goal and post it ASAP. You can do this. We can all help each other.
  • Hello,
    I'm new here. I weigh about 290 lbs. I haven't weighed in awhile. I'm going to go weigh tomorrow since I'm too big for my scale at home. I'm hoping to find friends & support here. I have to free myself of this addiction to food. I am killing myself slowing and I don't want to die. I want to live, and live free.
  • My goal & welcome free2BeMe
    Good evening ladies!
    Thanks for the welcome Rebecca, nice to be here. I haven't exercised in about a month so my goal will be to exercise 3 times this week. Hopefully it won't get any colder out and I will be able to walk outside. I have contemplated walking up and down the stairs to the kids rooms but then I would have to look at their rooms Maybe I'll just walk halfway up!

Free2BeMe, the first step has been taken! You are here! I have read nothing but supportive things on this website, everyone knows where you are, they are there, or have been there. Support is a great motivator! Or if you need more we can do that too!! Just let us know!

Peace,
    Kathy
  • Hi Ladies!! I just wanted to welcome you all to 3fc!! Its great to have you here and I'm sure you'll find all the support you need here. This is an excellent forum!
    Please roam around a little and check out all the different sections I'm sure you'll find a lot of useful information

Michelle
  • Kathy, you're so right! Free2BeMe, you've taken the first step. I weighed in at 285.5 this morning. So I'm not that far off from you. Please help me and I'll try to help you. You'll be my inspriation. Just make one goal for this week. Everyone seems to be going with exercise (good idea with the steps, Kathy) but choose something ideal for you. If not exercise, what about drinking more water. Quantify it, don't just say you'll do more. I think you'll find it's easier to stick to your plan if you quantify your goals. What do you think ladies? Free2BeMe, just stick with us. We can all help each other.

I don't know how often everyone can check in. But I thought perhaps we should have Mondays be the day we "weigh in" and post our weekly goal. How does that sound? If not, we can just continue to encourage and support. Personally, I think I'll do better knowing I can count on others to be here with me. Just an idea.

Ok, gonna go. Have a good Monday. Remember to stick to your plan. We can all do this.
  • May I join too?
    I'm also new here, and the reason I went looking for this place is that simple. I also need a buddy,, someone who knows what I'm going through when I'm DYING for some mashed potatoes, and chocolate milkshake, someone also going through it, not skinny friends who can eat anything and it never shows.

I started SB last week, today is day 6 and I havne't lost a pound, I haven't cheated, and I'm really getting discouraged (and sick of eggs)

I could use someone to write too, compare notes and little encouragement along the way, and I would be more than willing to offer the same back.

I'm 37, and I weigh 195 pounds, scared to reach that 200 mark on the scale, and I too have read every book, and finally after reading SB I decided to give it a shot, I saw on tv you could loose between 7 and 15 pounds in the first 2 weeks.

HOW long does it take to start. I've weighed myself every day and I decided now not to weigh myself until the 2 weeks are up?

Thanks for listening
  • good start today.
    Have a diet on the fridge.
    Followed that this morning.
    I'm setting my goal for 275 by Sunday.
    Rebecca, please stick to darker & bigger colors. I can't read the Tiny & Pale print well.
    Diet Pepsi isn't Taste too bad. I have one on rare occations B/C I am a hound.
    Glad to see so many others joining in. Pull up a veggie plate & enjoy.
    EXG 3x wk Tae Bo or walking
    SW275
    CW278
    MGW275 - Sun.
    NMGW273 - next Sun.
    GW150? - depending- maybe less.
    Diabetic or GI Diet.
  • Hi Girls
    Glad to here you're off to a good start, Carol. Canadian Girl, welcome. You're not to be discouraged. We can all help each other. Are you exercising more than you have? Are you drinking water? Are you sticking to a wide variety of low carb foods? Personally, I love my carbs. I've tried Atkins, SB and CarbAddicts. What I decided is to come up with a plan on my own. I love my popcorn , a low-carb diet no-no. But I found I can incorporate it into my diet. I also decided to not be so strict with the carb counts. I'm starting with 40 g/day. That's a huge cut for me. I'm able to be accountable for portion control, too. I understand your need not to hit that 200lb. mark. Don't lose faith. It'll happen. That scale can be a demon, can't it? It's so hard not to step on it everyday. I'm sticking to Mondays only (or at least trying) because it'll consume me. Anyway, Canadian Girl, give your plan a try. Remember, the numbers are for "most" people, not all. Our bodies are going into shock. They're rebelling! It may take a little longer for you to get that jump start.

Thanks for listening ladies. A note to all, please let us know what's worked for you in the past. It may help someone. Have a great day.
  • Hi ladies...I am new and love this site! I'll cut out the trimmings (excuse the pun) and get to the meat (uughh) of my problem: I love carbs way too much, and even though I am willing to do Atkins and understand the life-long commitment, my fiance (who is very supportive otherwise) gets this deprived-of-carbs look on his face if he does not get his ration of carbs at the main meal. He, is slim ,healthy athletic. I am athletic, but I weigh 205 on a small-medium frame, and should weigh 145 max. 130 is my goal. I have just a few questions: should I throw out the carbs or the fiance (love them both, just joking!)
    should I buddy-up with some one who is stronger on willpower? How to handle the evening meal when rice, rice and beans, cornmeal, potatoes, are expected? We are both from the West Indies and these are staples. HELP!