i need some support

• hi everyone! I really need some help here. I am a 19 yr old girl and i weigh 230, i used to be down at 206 but i fell off the wagon. i am really depressed about my weigh, and every time i get depressed i get hungry. i would really like to lose 25 pounds before x-mas.
  • Hi, I am in your same exact shoes. I'm 21, I weigh about 245/250 My heighest weight was 281 ( I am 5'11'') about 3 years ago and I don't know how I let myself get this high again. It is very depressing. However, I weighed myself for the first time in a while last week and it kinda shocked me into reality. So now I am on day 3 of a low-cal, low fat diet. I dont have a whole lot of time for exercise but I'm gonna try to work it in somewhere. But at least I can control my eating. Good luck! We can do this together.
  • hey
    Thank you! we can do it together i weigh 229 and would love to lose 25 pounds before xmas, we can help each other. Another good website to look into is fitday.com. hope we talk some more.
  • Good morning ladies. Something about what you said, vollybchick, caught my interest. Maybe it's your age? Maybe it's your call for help. But, I am here and willing to help and support you.
    I am considerably older, 49, and don't have as much to lose, yet I feel the struggle remains the same. I fell off the wagon yesterday and keep allowing this to happen.
    We need to eat to live, but we shouldn't be living to eat!
    Now, are you in any kind of a program such as weight watchers, tops, etc.? You can do this!
    I have a 14 year old daughter who asked me to help her to lose weight. She was out of control. I think the teen years (though you are nearing the end of those teens, still a dangerous time) are really difficult in terms of weight gain. It's a rough time emotionally and sitting around playing video games, watching tv and even sitting in a school situaion is not good for younger people. You need to get out and MOVE.
    Examine what you might LIKE to do to step up your activity level. My 14 year old hates sports, hates exercise and feels weird about dancing. So, I got her a hula hoop and a jump rope. She does this in the living room while she watches VH1 shows! She's become quilte good a hula hoop to my amazement!
    She's lost about 14 pounds so far and is doing well, in fact better than I am!
    It's really easy for all of us to give in to tempation and have that extra slice of pizza or go through a drive up and get fries becuase you feel hungry and the taste is irresistable.
    Brainstorm about what you can do to stop things like this from happening.
    There are some new 100 calorie packs available in the stores that are pre-measured servings of chip's ahoy and oreo cookies (no frosting) as well as wheat thins, etc. Those are 2 weight watcher points each, not bad and give you a taste!
    What about keeping one or two fo those with you with bottled water and when temptations arise, have those instead of the drive up window temptations?
    Let me know what problems you are encountering and I will try to help you.
    My goal is to be a ww leader one day when I lose the rest of my weight. Maybe helping others is a good way to start. I certainly can learn as I go as well!
    Linda in NH
  • Hey chicka
    njbn