SAHM's #269 Monday

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.
  • Good Morning ladies

Hi ladies. I slept okay, much better than I did that night in the hospital and hopefully should get a nap in today. Andrew is better, I gave him a treatment as soon as he woke up and will do that all day along with his antibiotics. I'll call the doc to schedule his checkup in a few days.

Chris, my dh suffers from asthma that really only acts up once or twice a year as a bronchial infection. After trying Allegra and that not really helping, he tried singulair. He's been on that for several months now and it helps him ALOT. Singulair is approved for 2 years and up. The doc in the hospital said since Andrew was so close to 2 and obviously weight wise fits in, that I should talk to his doc about trying him on it. It would be a chewable once a day, but he said since it works so well with dh it's likely to work well and Andrew. I'm definitely going to talk to doc about it.

Michelle, sorry work was dull, but it sounded like you had plenty to do otherwise. Good luck with school, you'll be fine. An idea, since not many people post on Sundays, can you post that link for us to give you addy's on this thread, more of us should be around today?

Hello Spryng, Penny, Jill, Cindi, Geri, Ricci, Jaymi, Mel, Deana and all you other sahm's.

My dh won't let me watch Desparate Housewives. And what i mean by that is he thinks it's stupid and he'll sit there making remarks if I watch it so I just don't, but I would love to. We do watch Boston Legal though. James Spader, how can I not.

Anyways, I'm enjoying my coffee right now and gonna stay home and get caught up on ......stuff. TTYL
  • I forgot to add that is my poor baby as we are getting ready to leave the hospital. They had this cute big bird wagon and several books and toys that we got to pull him around in while waiting on discharge papers. Anyways, that's him not looking too happy in that bottom picture. The nurses just couldn't get enough of him, though, they just thought he was a cutie. Thought I'd share.
  • Morning !

Crstal, Andrew looks so cute and exhausted too. I hope he is feeling better today and I hope you get some more rest.

I am getting ready for the gym. I need a swift kick to get me movin' today.

Challange people:.It's a NEW WEEK............GET UP AND GET MOVING!!! DRINK THAT WATER AND START YOUR ENGINES! IT"S TIME TO MOVE AND GROOVE
  • It's another Monday...
    getting kids ready for a late trip to school. I actually hit the off button instead of the snooze button!!!

I am doing an online Bible Study to help me overcome my overeating. It's a 60 day study, so I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

I never get any sleep anymore, so I am really just not ever feeling good anymore. So I haven't exercised any, but I have been eating better and taking my meds since last week! I can do this...I CAN!!

Sorry for the sick kids you all have, it's time for someone here to get sick, wonder who will be first???

Gotta drop the gang off, I'll be back eventually!!

Love to all,

Cindi

BTW...Desperate Housewives sounds great to me! I feel desperate most days!!
  • Good morning all!

Sorry I was MIA yesterday, I was having a very lazy and relaxing sunday. I didn't do ANYTHING around the house. I sat and crocheted and watched tv and played with the kids. It was nice. Today though I'm back to normal. I love desperate housewives too and so does my dh!!! When he isn't able to stop for the night on sunday's he has me tape them for him. Last night's episode was good, and so funny!
    OK, dinner tonight will be crockpot rotisserie chicken. A weekly staple here. I like to make it at least once a week so that I can eat on the leftover chicken for lunches all week. But the kids love it too so it works for us all. What are you all planning for dinner?
    Well I'm hoping to get a call today about my next interview. I did the typing test and one on one interview last thursday so they said they would be calling to set up my personality test and math test soon. So that should be this week sometime. I'm not a patient person so I'm stressing a little about it all. I wish we could have just got it all done last thursday. Because after I take this next part I still won't know for awhile if I'm hired or not. The waiting game..... hate it, lol. Oh but dh's boss told him about a new spot opening at his company, it's a dedicated route!!! And there is only one person who is more qualified than dh to get it and his boss said that guy didn't sound like he wanted it at all so if he turns it down then dh will get it!!!!! It will be 6 days a week (5 days in winter) and he could come home everynight and weekend!!! I'm so excited about it. He will find out today if he gets it or not. So keep us in your thoughts. If he gets that position I won't have to go to work, I mean if I get hired I will go back to work because this company is great and pays wonderful and has great health insurance and I think I am ready for it, but if by chance I don't get hired or can't handle the job it will be nice to know dh will be home everynight and make enough money to pay all our bills. So that is a little of what is going on here.

Crystal, isn't your sono today??? When is the appointment?? Can't wait to hear the results!!! Tell that baby to spread it's legs! How is Andrew today? So sorry to hear about the ER scare. Glad he is better.

Michelle, all those pics were too cute! And I can't believe you got snow! It's going to be 80 degrees here today! Can you believe it?? I thought it was fall, lol.

Jaymi, nice to see you back posting with us again. I hope you can get back on the right track. It's hard when you get off but I know you can do it!

Well I wish I could remember everyone elses posts from the last two threads but my mind is gone, lol. Leigh, was it you starting a new diet plan, the step diet?? What does that consist of?

ok, gonna hop in the shower and try and tame the frizz I call hair, lol. I like my perm but I think it's more work, lol. TTYL!
  • Morning
    Good morning gals Crystal, OMG!!!! Andrew is such a cutie!!! How adorable.

Well, today is day one of my Step plan. I got the book yesterday and it seems like a very reasonable lifestyle change plan. It's based on walking a certain number of steps per day, but it makes you integrate diet/lifestyle changes very slowly over 12 weeks so they are more likely to become part of your daily life. This week I record everything I eat (but make no changes in diet yet) and wear a pedometer every day (but don't intentionally exercise more than I normally would) just to have a starting point for analysis.

Crystal, I'm curious to know what your doc says about the allergy medication- let us know.

Penny- yes, I am approaching this new plan a little warily and do realize I need to make life changes. It's a pretty sound, non-gimmicky plan, so I am hopeful, but realize the only cure-all is change within me. How are you feeling today?

Deana- sorry about the anniversary plans Well, maybe you can use the time apart to think of a wonderful way to celebrate when he returns.

Geri- the oil sounds interesting- do you buy it or make it?

Good morning, Chris- hope you're having a great day.

Angel- sounds like it could possibly be Irritable Bowl Syndrome (at least, I think that's what it's called), but I know your doc will be able to give you a good diagnosis.

Michelle- eek! I hate snow But if you like it, go enjoy it!

Jill- how neat that you got to reunite with a friend. Good for you on the new clothes- you definitely deserve them.

Hi, Mel!

Well, here are two pics of Liam at the pumpkin patch yesterday:

• Oops! Several people posted while I was writing LOL.

Melissa- on your plan to get to the gym!

Cindi- congrats on the Bible Study idea- I think that will help keep you motivated

Spryng- good morning! That's wonderful about the job opportunities for you and DH! Lots of positive thoughts and prayers going your way
  • Good Morning Sahms! I had an intersting weekend! My blazer is in the shop because its acting funny and then we are on our way to Lincoln to go to the husker game and dh's truck starts "fighting acceloration" we couldn't figure out why it was revving up so hi and wouldn't go...then we looked over and WHOOPs! It was in 4 wheel drive low......You can only go 15 miles an hour or under when that is on! we felt so stupid, so then we fixed it, luckily before it did any damage to the engine! LOL ! we had a nice weekend other than that though! I did really well with our challenge this weekend too! Since Friday was such a wierd day, dh came home in the middle of the day so that threw me off!

I am going to get some serious cleaning done around here this morning while I have no choice but to stay home! and definately would fly a little later if anyone is up to it! I will post a 'ready to fly' message on my yahoo messenger when I can!

one more thing, LEigh, you have come back to us! So glad to see you again!

okay I will be back later to get personal! TTYL !!
  • OMG Leigh he is just a doll!!!!! I love those pictures!!

Spryng I will say a little prayer that dh gets that job!! Sounds like you had a good weekend! We missed you around here!!

Mel thats the spirit you little diet vixen you lol!!

Crystal Andrew is a cutie pie as well!! and as requested I'll post the email addy again! Hope you have a great day!

Cindi hang in there girly and good luck with your bible study

Okay everyone I need some mailing addresses to be emailed to me at [email protected] just remove the no spam part.
    Spryng I need your addy again because your's is in my fried up laptop and I can't get it out lol
    Cindi
    Ricci
    Jaymi
    Leigh
    Crystal
    Ginny
    Chris
    Kristin I just need you to email me your last name
    Okay and if I missed someone I"m sorry It's early after a late night

Gotta go feed my chillens (children)
    Love to you all
    Michelle
  • Okay just updating the list of addys that I need
    Ricci
    Jaymi
    Leigh
    Crystal
    Ginny
    Chris
    If you don't feel wierd about it please email me your mailing addy at [email protected] just remove the no spam part. If you aren't comfortable giving out your address please let me know so I can quit bugging you lol.

Michelle
  • Thanks all for your comments. Andrew is my doll, if I say so myself.
    Spryng, my appt. is tomorrow afternoon.
    We decided not to start school until next week. I have an appt., Andrew will have an appt. all this week and he needs some more time to get better and I guess because of the stay in the hospital, he needs to be right with me every minute of the day for some reason.
    I still haven't gotten to see sis's baby. Dh said maybe this week he'll stay home with Andrew so me and the girls can go visit and see her. I'll let you all know.

Michelle, I sent you my addy.
    Hi to everyone else. TTYL
  • GOOD MORNING LADIES!!!

I've been on the run already this morning. We had storms last night and the electricity must have gone off and right back on. Andrew came and woke me up saying Matthew told him they had another hour to sleep. I looked at my alarm clock and told him he had over an hour. He said it's awfully bright out then. So I looked at my watch and they had 5 minutes before the bus came...Uggggghhhh!!! They made it. Good thing backpacks were ready and waiting. Well Andrew wanted to take his lunch today and I didn't have time to get it ready so I had to take it to him and take a pumpkin for his gifted class. They are painting them and he was supposed to have it last week and forgot to tell me. . So that's been my morning so far......

Crystal: Andrew is such a cutie pie. Hope he's feeling better today and hope you got some much needed rest last night.

Spryng: for you and dh on the job prospects! That would be awesome for him to be home every night and on weekends.

Michelle: Good Morning!

Cindi: Hope the Bible study helps get you back on track. Why haven't you been getting sleep? kids? or because of your surgery and not feeling well? Is the Bible study kind of like an evaluation to see what you need to do? I know, I'm nosey!

Mel: You are doing awesome girl! Have you started moving to the gym yet? Are the lockers big enough to hold all your stuff? . You Go Girl!!!

Leigh: Liam is sooooo cute! Thank you for sharing the pics. We don't have anything like the pumpkin patch here, maybe 30 miles away they might. So we don't do much for Halloween except dress up and trick or treat the Main Street businesses. And now all 3 of mine little ones are changing their minds on what they want to dress up as....arrrgghhh!! I told them they have til Friday to let me know so I can look for costume stuff or they are all going as box children!!! As far as planning something for when dh gets home, he will be tired on Sunday when he gets back and then he has to go back to work on Monday night.....so probably won't happen this month .

Kristin: Hope your blazer gets fixed soon. We may be sahm's but it stinks to be stranded....it takes away independence. Glad you had a good weekend otherwise.

BTW....I told my mom and dh yesterday that I want a membership to Curves for my birthday. I am going to call them today to find out how long the half off startup fee promotion lasts. Hopefully til the end of Nov. Otherwise it's gonna be almost $200 for start up fee and first month. But I am in a small town and would have to go almost 30 miles to get to anything remotely close to a gym, so Curves is about my only choice. Dh is all for it, but the expense is what we have to look at the most. The monthly fee is fine, it's just to get started that is sooo high.

I'm cleaning this morning and dd has school today. Dh told me to get hi m up whenever I want to but I will probably let him sleep most of the day. He still has so much to get ready to go on Wed.

I'll be in and out today.

TTYL
  • crystal hey girly sorry to bother you but I haven't received your addy yet, make sure you remove the no spam part out of the email address I posted. The no spam part is put in there so spam bots don't pick up my address from the net and inundate my inbox with garbage heres the addy again [email protected]
  • Okay Michelle, I did it again. Let me know.

Leigh, Liam is so cute and I love the pics around all those pumpkins. I was wanting to find a pumpkin patch to take my kids to, but the closest one I found online is over an hour away.

Okay, i'm getting some things done around here. I've got Andrew's appt set for tomorrow morning and then mine in the afternoon. I'll talk later.