"WW--Moms" forum?

• Is it possible to create a new forum that is targeted to WW--Moms? I am a mother of two-under-two. I would like to be in a forum for mothers that are tackling WW and are raising children. It can be a place where we give each other tips on how to cope with the everyday stresses of parenting while on WW. I am struggling with emotional eating when the kids are driving me up a wall. They don't drive me to drink, but do drive me to eat. We can guide the discussions to weightloss tips and fitting-in-fitness tips while maintaining a household and possibly an out of the home job. This wouldn't be targeted to just SAHMs because as a former working mom, I had a lot of need for support with my kids, home, work and my overeating.

Maybe if there is enough concensus, the Site Moderator Gods/Goddesses will create one?!?!

Thanks
  • I would love to chat with you. I have two daughters ages 4 and 6 and find it difficult to handle them, get a work out in, and eat right. But it is getting easier for me. I am even getting a bicycle so that I can ride with them.

Anyway, I do daycare out of my home and work with a direct sales company so I am like a stay at home mom who works, lol .

Nice to meet you!
  • Hi Bella23:
    Glad to know that there is another mom there interested in discussing WW issues. Congrats on your lb. losses. You are doing well. I have a 2.5-year-old girl and a 10 mo. old boy. They are definately night and day. He is cool and laid back, but my dd is a wild child. I am sure its the age, but since birth he was mellow and dd wasn't.

I did work out of the home, but after budget cuts at work, I was let go. So I am looking for work and staying home in the mean time.

If a "club forum" isn't possible, then maybe we can do weekly check-ins to support each other and glow in our progress. Take care.
  • Hi there Rosa, I'm a WW mom too, there's a few people using this site that already know about my AJ, but I'll tell you my situation. AJ is 3, (only just), a lovely little boy that is a little monster as well when he wants to be. He's always been very demanding since he was born, never the one to enjoy a daytime nap! He too, drives me to eat, too much at times, and it would be nice to 'talk' to someone in the same situation as myself.
    I do go out to work, I only do 3 days usually, and while I am there, AJ goes to a day nursery, where he receives excellent care, but of course as soon as I collect him its all systems go again, even if I've had a lousy day. DH is no help alot of the time, even though he usually get home around the same time as me.
    Its hard work trying to balance weight loss and child care, when we want to exercise, all the little ones want is to watch tv, or go to the park (which does get us out for a walk at least), and much as I love him dearly, and want to do useful activities with him and play with him, sometimes a bit of 'me time' would be nice.

Anyway, I think a forum for these issues would be a great idea, I'm sure there are many more of us that would agree.

Good luck to you, and hope to 'talk' to you again soon.
  • My daughters are pretty mellow, but there isnt' much of a help by the hubby. He spent 2 years away with the military and now that he is home, he drives truck so at least 3 nights a week he is gone and when home he does some, but I'm the one they want when something goes wrong.

I also watch kids so I have many of them. Getting in the work out I want to will not be possible till the gilrs are both at school (next year) and that way I can walk, ride my bike, or hike. I am even thinking about rewarding myself with a gym membership so that I can go while the gilrs are at school. We'll see.

I also attend college three nights a week so as you can see, I have very little "me" time.

Ok well that is enough about me, lol. It will be nice to chat with you two at least and others if they join.
  • I am a Mom to a 7 month old. I wish we did have a WW Moms forum.
  • I am starting a WW Moms--check-in for October 3-October 9th. Please check in and tell us all how you did at weigh-in, goals for the coming week, etc. Hope to see you there.
  • WW Moms Great Idea
    I think having a WW moms forum is a great idea! I just discovered this thread. I am surprised there was not any more of a response at the suggestion. My life evolves around my kids, which effects not only my eating schedule but habits as well. As an overweight mom I am very concerned about my children developing weight issues when they are older. That is one of the driving goals which made me decide to join weight watchers. So far none of my children (I have four) have weight issues, but I want them seeing my husband and I eating right now, so that we may teach them how to eat properly so that when they get older they do not have to struggle with their weight. It is one thing to teach them proper nutrition, and another to model a good example for them.

Teri
  • Hi Ladies...

Can I join??

I am a returning Lifetime member who got off track after ANOTHER baby. Baby #3 is now 2 and I can no longer use the excuse "I just had a baby" I started back at meetings 2 weeks ago and had a successful WI last week, down 2.8#...

Week 2 is frought with challenges and nibbling on "their" dinners. i just informed my DH that dinners are going to take a new turn...WW recepies.

Thanks for this message...I am new to this so it may take me a while to catch on to this posting board. I could use the accountability!

Alissa

sw.218
    cw.215
    gw.175