Another New Loser Here!

• I've already posted on another thread so I thought I should go ahead and introduce myself. I'm 29, female and I've been overweight for as long as I can remember. I was chubby as a kid and teen. In jr. high and high school I thought I was the biggest person on the planet (it didn't help that I was six feet tall by fourteen) but looking back at pictures now I see a beautiful girl who had maybe 15-20 pounds to lose. If only I knew than what I know now...lol.
    eel a lot better physically and emotionally although I still have bad days.

I've been lurking here for a bit and think you all seem like a great bunch! I'm looking forward to getting to know y'all better!
  • Congrats Loser
    Plushlife,

That is so great that you have lost almost fifty pounds. I am 210 pounds and can't lose. That is wonderful. My best friend and I are trying to lose weight together (for the hundreth time) and sometimes we get discouraged. My friend is around your size i think. But she could use some encouragement. I will send you a PM. Well anyway are you going to tell us what you did, what worked for you.
  • Congratulations on your weight loss and new lifestyle, Plush. And welcome! can't wait to get to know you.
  • Hey there! Welcome to you! This is a great place to check in for motivation, encouragement and a butt kickin if needed! lol

Welcome and congratulations on getting started! We're here for you
  • Hi There:

I am also new and looks like we are the same age. I ahve been overweight my entire life. I kind of got a little upset with myself when I realized that not only will I be 30 next year but that I was going to be fat and 30. I started this weekend on a mission to change that. About 2 years ago I did the low carb thing and lost 5lbs in 2 months. Let just say that was the end of my low carb days. I know from past experience that Id o best on a low cal. diet.

I am pretty active through that week and weekends, I know I need to make some diet changes. I spend most of my weekends travling with my dogs. I show Pugs. I have 3 Pugs and 2 Boston Terriers. 2 of the pugs I am currently in the ring with and spend 3 nights a week in training classes. I love every minute of it. I try to get an additonal walk 1-2 times a week, sometimes that is just impossible! It is hared when we travel as that requires ALOT of eating out! I know that when I eat out that there are healthier options, but yummm that fried chicken sandwich and fries always looks better. Not know I must say no!

I am getting married Nov. 30th, we are doing the Las Vegas thing and I am excited about it. I have a dress and of course I need to lose some weight to get into it, story of my life. Thank goodness that 15lbs is about all I need to lose and I think that at my weight that is doable!

I am looking forward to meeting you all and becoming support for anyone who needs it! Plush if you need a buddy let me know I think that we have alot in common!

Looking forward to talking to you all...

SW/CW/1st Goal/End Goal
    305/280/265/175
  • Quote: I know that when I eat out that there are healthier options, but yummm that fried chicken sandwich and fries always looks better. Not know I must say no!
    I had to give up fast food altogether in the beginning because I knew I couldn't resist my faves. I don't travel a lot though so it's easy for me to avoid. I do go out to eat occasionally and have finally learned to order and eat sensibly while I'm there but I haven't had fast food in months.

Quote:
    I am getting married Nov. 30th, we are doing the Las Vegas thing and I am excited about it. I have a dress and of course I need to lose some weight to get into it, story of my life. Thank goodness that 15lbs is about all I need to lose and I think that at my weight that is doable!
    Congratulations! I love the idea of a Vegas wedding!

Quote:
    I am looking forward to meeting you all and becoming support for anyone who needs it! Plush if you need a buddy let me know I think that we have alot in common!
    Sure! I can use all the buddies I can get.
  • Welcome PlushLife it's really great you've lost 50 lbs with your weight loss plan. Your losing in a very healthy way. Your doing great and you have such a wonderful outlook. I look forward to reading more post.
    Mez
  • Hi PlushLife welcome!!!!!!!!!!
    Hi Luvbean and welcome to you too!!!!!!!!!!

PlushLife I love your avatar what is it? Is it a mole?
    Looking forward to getting to know you both.
    Love Annie
  • Quote: PlushLife I love your avatar what is it? Is it a mole?
    It's a baby wombat.
  • Welcome from another newbie! Congrats on your loss so far!
  • Oh my, so many newbies!

Welcome Plushlife, Luvbean and Mommyofone!

Thanks for sharing your success with us Plush - we to hear about how people have succeeded!

I am 31 and can well relate to not wanting to be fat in your thirties - I spent my 20's fat and depressed, and i want my 30's to be the best years of my life! I haven't succeeded yet, but there's still time (there is ALWAYS time! )

Good luck to you all - stick around and i hope to get to know you better.

Love Amanda x
  • I love your Anais Nin quote Amanda. I've got it on my pin board now. Is it from a book?
    Love Annie
  • Welcome Plushlife!!! And congrats on the loss so far. Your plan sounds very sensible!! keep up the good work.

Welcome to Luvbean and Mommyofone too!!!!

I love seeing all the newbies here!!!