good morning all today will my first full day.

• Hi, checking in it's 9:24am and i'm starting to get hungry, i been writing down what i eat,excerise, for a while know i will be adding them here, if i find the right place to put it. ok starting my day. Have a great day and lots of skinny vibes being send out.
  • Hey there, Majestical! Woo hoo -- your first day! Psych yourself up, girlfriend -- think of it as the first day on a journey you've been awaiting; the farther down the road you go, the more weight you lose -- and this is your first day on the road. Think ahead to tonight, when you are going to be so proud of yourself for having successfully completed your first day! Make sure you drink lots of water. You said your hungry -- did you have breakfast? How much water have you drunk so far? I don't know what kind of plan you're on, but I have to say that eating smaller meals throughout the day has been KEY to my success. I am about to have my second meal for the day. That way your metabolism stays up and active, and you never get so hungry that you're weak and vulnerable to temptation.....and you always know that in about 3 hours you're going to be able to eat again.

You can do this.....STAY STRONG!!
  • Hey, Majestical. Just wanted to second what Sarah said and say that YOU CAN DO THIS! It's harder at the beginning, but if you keep it up, you'll get in a groove!

Also, don't know if you've seen it, but FitDay (www.fitday.com) is a great program for logging your food and exercise. It's free, easy to use, and very helpful in tracking your calories and nutrients. It's got a lot of pre-set foods, and you can even enter/save custom foods.

Sarah and I (and maybe some other people) ponied up the $40 or so for a piece of software called Diet Power. It's similar to FitDay but has even more features that make it very, very useful for tracking your food, water, nutrients, and exercise. It tracks your metabolism over time so it calculates just the right number of calories for you to hit your specified goals.

If you would like more information about either program, feel free to ask!
  • can someone give me a quick tutorial on fit day? i've heard lots of people talk about it and i've even tried it several times but i never could figure it out.
    i greatly appreciate it!
  • Hey Majestical! You can do it. I'll second what Sarah said about smaller meals throughout the day, that is what I do. I am never hungry because I always have a mini-meal coming up. Right now I'm eating my second meal which is 1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese and 20 or so grape tomatoes. Also drink plenty of water, it helps to fill you up and stops "hunger" cravings that are actually an indication of thirst.
  • Go for it! What a good start! Sending you skinny vibes too!
  • thanks all, my walking today was 3.01 mile 6806 steps, i have to find out how many steps i have to do. am about 10 had a bolony sandwich, 12:00 italian sausage,diet coke, three rice cake about 11 i been starving, now drinking some lemonaid. will start my journal here soon. thanks all you all have made me feel so welcome i love it.
  • Shelly

I meant to tell you this yesterday, but if you have any specific questions about FitDay, I'd be happy to answer them. Where specifically do you have trouble?

Jen