Brand New with 100+ to Lose

• undefined
    Hello, I'm Sandy! I am brand new to WW. I joined 3 weeks ago. I am down 13.6 pounds and most of that success was due to Newbie Enthusiasm. I now find myself wanting to drift back into my old eating habbits. I just found this website searching for info on WW. I think it is great!

I would love to hear from other people who have 100+ pounds to lose. When I think about the entire amount of weight I want to lose.... I can get overwhelmed. I really like the support aspect of WW. It really helps me to know that I am not alone in my struggle to get these pounds off.

I would really appreciate hearing from others. I would like to rejoice with others and fume when I want to too!

My biggest problems right now are the weekends and exercising. I find myself blowing it on the weekends when there always seems to be tempting food around. And I really hate to exercise. I mean I hate it with a passion. I would like to hear how others overcame their aversion to exercise and how you resist the weekend temptations.

SW=303.4
    CW=289.8

GW=150!!!

"Where there's a will.... I want to be in it."
  • undefinedHeya Sandy,
    I just joined today and am starting at the same place you did (303). I would love to get down to 200. I lost 105 pounds about 13 years ago with WW. Then I got sloppy and it all came back and more.
    I have just finished a year and a half on Atkins with a total loss of 85 pounds. Went into a mjor stall so I figured I would try WW. I'm really psyched ( right now-hope it lasts).
    The trick ( or so I hear) is not to look at the 100 pounds total, but to break it down into small steps. I tell you when I busted the 300 mark on Atkins ( got down to 285 and put 18 back on ) it was a WONDERFUL feeling. And I am looking forward to that feeling again and again.
    Anyway-keep plugging away. Good Luck (to you and me)

SW 303
    CW 303

GW 200
  • Hooray! It feels so good to have someone else who knows what I am going through! You know sometimes I feel like I am the only one in the world with more than one hundred pounds to lose.

I tried Atkins too, but refused to exercise and only lost about 20 lbs. I agree with you about the small steps. I used to always just look at the big picture and wouldn't focus on taking it day by day. I like Weight Watchers because it helps you put things in perspective. My first goal is 30 lbs because that will be my 10% WW mark.

Those charts say I should be 140 but really, I would just like to wear a size 12. I don't know what that weight will be; I was there only once in my life and it didn't last for long. But, I feel very determined now and belief that I can make it.

Good luck to you! And let's keep encouraging each other. WE CAN DO IT!

-- sandy
  • I Need Help
    HEY GUYS!! IAM NEW TO THIS, THE ONLY THING I KNOW IS I HAVE BEEN TYING TO LOSE WEIGHT FOR A LONG TIME. I JOINED WW 3 WEEKS AGO
    AND HAVE NOT LOST A POUND. I DO VERY WELL IN THE DAY WHEN THERE IS NO STRESS, BUT THE MOMENT THERE IS A PROBLEM I AM EATING. AT NIGHT I LIKE TO EAT AND GO STRIGHT TO SLEEP . PLEASE DON'T TELL ME I AM A HOPELESS CAUSE. CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO GET THROUGH THOSE TIMES. I APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP I CAN GET
  • Well, i really feel like a cow now. I am 26 and started back on WW. I started out weighing 368.4 and have had 1.2 loss for 367.2. This is something i really really want. I need to find a partner that i can buddy up with and speak to everyday and encourage and give account. I think that would really help me.
  • I am in the same boat as you are right now. I am 23 and 304 pounds. I walked into my first meeting with all these women who wanted to lose 20 pounds and felt like a huge cow. I would love a buddy to keep me on track and give me a boost when I need it. I know that woukd help me out a lot.
  • I need to lose 140 pounds. I've tried Atkins many times over the years. In the late 1970's when it first came out I lost 50 pounds. Now when I try it, I make it through the to 4pm the first day and then eat a loaf of bread. I know it is pyschological resistance to the idea of very little fruit and veg's and no flour so I am going to try WW. Does anyone here use the online program? It's been years since I tried WW, these points are sure different than the old use the chart system but I guess I can get used to anything. Mostly I guess, I am afraid of failing AGAIN, so why try in the first place.
  • I have 135 lbs. to lose which seems impossible. I did lose 75 lbs on Jenny Craig at one point but I couldn't afford the program anymore so I didn't make it to the maintenance part. When I was 165lbs I was wearing a size 10 jeans. I also am an emotional eater. I usually do my best when I'm at work because the vending machines are on the other side of the building which is quite a walk and I usually try to bring my own lunch. My big problem is at night when I'm home with my 5 year old. I have a hard time staying motivated. I get so far and just go back to my old ways.
  • Hello everyone! I am new here too and it is so nice to have finally found somewhere where I can be understood. I have tried other forums and just cant really relate to people who only need to lose 15-20#. I know it is hard for anyone to lose but I feel much comfortable with people in my own weight range. Currently I am not attending WW but doing it on my own. I am hoping with the support and information here that I can do it. There are no meetings available to me and too there is the agonizing fear that I would be the biggest woman there and I really dont want to be in a situation like that just now. I cannot believe I ever let my weight get so out of control and now I just need to make the change and regain my life and my self esteem and my health. I too am another one who hates exercise. Mostly that is due to the fact that I am so out of shape that most programs are impossible to me. I have found that Walk Away the Pounds is doable for me and also I have purchased a beginners yoga video which isnt bad-but I still hate to exercise. Maybe I will feel differently when some of this weight goes away. As far as eating I am doing good so far but evenings are tough-sitting and watching tv is the perfect time to want snacks. I am trying to be good but that time is rough for me. My biggest problem is that whenever I have wanted to lose weight in the past I would stop eating. I know this is not good for me but I still tend to be this way now and tell myself not to eat so I can lose. I know it is important to eat my allowed points but some days I fall very short. Old habits die hard! Anyhow I am so ready to finally get this weight off and I am excited at the thought of making new friends along the way who have such a common bond. to all of us!!!
  • Hello to all I have about 100# to lose. I'm going to attend my first WW meeting this week. I've never tried it before, but I've looked in to it, and I really appreciate the fact that it's *real*... I tried NutriSystem about 9 years ago, lost about 20 lbs., and then found out I was pregnant There went NS But that was okay, as I really don't want to have to rely on a company's prepackaged foods that are astronomically expensive. I also tried Atkins for about a week a couple years ago. My body went in to this bizarre state of shock, and I was having intense migraines. My doctor has since forbidden it and recommended I stick to *real* food, but to watch my calories and fat intake and up my exercise. He said even if I start by walking for 10 minutes/day, I'll be doing wonders for my body.

I went grocery shopping this past weekend, and really paid attention to food labels... Trying to increase the amount of foods around the house that I *can* eat, and decrease the crap...

Looking forward to chatting with you all!!
  • I had the same problem with the Atkins Sandi. I got such horrible headaches. Some people told me that it was the withdraw from carbs and that I had to just stick it out, but they were really really bad and my doctor had a fit when I told him about it. So I am sticking with WW. I know that it really is one of the best out there because you are eating "real" food and not depriving yourself. It's just the sticking with it that I have a problem with. I am an emotional eater too and last year my Dad passed away adn I just haven't felt like dealing with the weight at all. It's time now though. It's gotten really bad and serious so I'm ready!!

Vicki
  • Sandy-Best of luck to you. I re-started WW on January 2nd and have lost 3 pounds so far. I have 103 more pounds to lose. If I think of the big picture I get all freaked out and think that I can't do it. But I keep telling myself that I CAN DO IT! I set a very short mini goal. My goal for each day, one day at a time is to be on points, eating within my point range for my particular weight. I hope this helps. Best of luck to you!!