Crockpot Recipes

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Thank you for posting that website, that girl has my name!!
  • Quote: I also do apples in the crockpot.

Apples peeled and sliced. Place in crockpot with enough water to cover bottom of pot. Add cinnamon, Splenda or Brown Sugar and vanilla. Cook as long as you like them.

I guess you would call this Stewed Apples. My Mom always made these on top of the stove. But vanilla is my addition.
    What type of apples do I use in this??

We are having a 'healthy food' potluck at work tomorrow & I am going to attempt your recipe, I hope red delicious work out ok!!! Will let you know how it turns out.
  • Apples peeled and sliced. Place in crockpot with enough water to cover bottom of pot. Add cinnamon, Splenda or Brown Sugar and vanilla. Cook as long as you like them.

I did these yesterday and they turned out BEAUTIFULLY!! Thanks!
  • I used red delicious, and saved a step, using cinnamon hot candies (sugar & cinnamon all in one!), vanilla & water. They turned a pretty pink color & were loved by everyone.
  • Crock Pot Recipes
    I have one of JoAnna M. Lund's Cookbooks, A Potful of Recipes. Here is a very easy recipe for chicken breast.

Saucy Italian Chicken
    4 Servings

16 oz. skinned and boned uncooked chicken breast. cup into 4 pieces
    1 cup (8 oz can) Hunt's Tomato Sauce
    1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
    1 Tablespoon Pourable splenda or Sugar Twin
    1 teaspoon dried onion flakes

1. Spray a slow cooker container witrh butter flavored cooking spray.
    2. Enenly arrange chicken pieces in prepared container.
    3. In medium bowl, combine tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, Splenda and
    onion flakes.
    4. Spoon sauce mixture evenly over chicken pieces.
    5. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours. when serving, evenly spoon sauce over chicken.

Each serving equals
    143 Calories - 3 gm Fat - 24 gm Protein - 5 gm. Carbohydrate
    425 mg. Sodium - 1 gm Fiber

Jan
  • Darla, I tried to email you, but it said you do not accept emails. I would love a copy of your MS Word cookbook. Let me know. Thanks!