SAHM's #243 Saturday

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 14 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.
  • Girls there is a family who needs your prayers desperately, can you please visit their site and wish them well? Their poor baby is dying of leukemia, they are incredibly strong and could really use the prayers.
    http://www.scotthousehold.com/week_19.htm

Thank you girls!!
    Michelle
  • Happy Happy Saturday

GOOOOOOOD Morning Ladies.

Michelle, I will go visit that site. Sorry to see you were up at 3am, I guess that means you didn't get any sleep, huh?

No one else posted last night after me so I guess everyone settled in early. Hope you all had a great night.

I went to sleep around 1130 and Andrew only woke up once for a bottle and then we both went right back to sleep. I slept until 615 when he woke up again, but that was like 6 1/2 hours of sleep with the one little interruption. I'd say pretty good. Alisa woke up like 4 times last night, but it was before I went to sleep. We had watched Jaws and she was scared. She is scared of EVERYTHING. Ally LOVES those kinds of movies, they have always, always scared Alisa. We had seen it before, that's why I thought it would be okay, but I guess right before bedtime it's not.
    I feel alot better other than the fact that dh STILL wants to build. There is almost no way at all, but yet he still wants to. So it still leaves so much up in the air, but that's okay.
    I've got to go to my sister's today and have that birthday party for my niece. I'm kind of still upset with my sister for not giving me any time. I don't want that to sound selfish, but the other night she called me and needed to talk and it was a terrible time for me, but I didn't tell her that and I just handled it, but yesterday, she barely gave me 1 minute of her time, while on the net and no kids were awake. It just sort of upset me.
    Okay, I guess that's enough chit chat right now.
    I'm gonna finish my coffee and TTYL.
  • Good morning Feeling a little sad today as it's the anniversary of 9/11. Also, I went to that website, Michelle . . . now I am in tears. Things like that freak me out because I think about what if something like that happened to Liam . . .

Crystal- sorry Alisa was scared Movies like that used to freak me out as a child too. But at least you got a normal amount of sleep

I have no idea what I'm doing today. I may take a walk with Liam and the dog or do something else. TTYL.
  • Leigh I didn't mean to make you cry or worry I just think that family needs lots of love, prayer and support right now That poor sweet baby an angel on earth

Crystal oh that stinks that Alisa was scared, Taylor is just starting her scared phase ughhhhh

I gotta go back to work, for a few hours this morning but thought I would say hello first.
    HI!!!

Michelle
  • Morning Ladies...

Michelle,
    You know I sit hear everyday and wonder why God has given my baby Andrew kidney problems and possibly surgery. Well now after I look at a webpage like this and see a little angel girl suffering so badly, I THANK God for making him as healthy as he is! I know it is never as bad as it seems and I reach out to her and her family with open arms. When Andrew was in the hospital for a week, I thought the walls were closing in on me. I am not sure how these mommy's do it with a child that has a severly ill disease stay in there months even a year sometimes.

We should all be thankful for what we do have!

Leigh,
    I know how you feel about today being 9/11. It is so horrible. Also my hubby's brother was killed on 9/9/99. So a few days ago was the anni. of his death. My heart is so sad today.

I am glad you are taking some of the advice from the doctor. I feel like a big load has been lifted off my chest with weight loss. I am focusing on exercise and water this week. Mel wants to do a addition every two weeks with me.

Crystal,
    I am sorry you are having such a ruff time. Do you think it is the hormonal changes from pregnancy. I was very emotional during my pregnancy. Are you feeling the baby move?

Well I guess I am gonna get moving. We have a bday party at 12pm.

Has anyone heard from Geri? Hope she is having a great time!

Spryng,
    Did dh make it in ok? Hope you are having a good time!

Jill,
    Thanks for the im's Have a great day!

Mel,
    I sent you an im! I am so sorry I forgot about the moola
  • Hi again. I decided to start my slow-introduction plan a la Penny today So, today Liam and I went for a brisk 25 minute walk through the park. It has been so long since I exercised that I was really feeling it by the end of the walk! But I did it. So this week is exercise. Next week will probably be reducing fast food to 1x/wk.

Michelle- I wasn't upset at you- just at what that family has gone through. How do you know them?

Penny- so sorry about your BIL's death This whole time period must be so hard for you guys. Do you think I'm better off adding changes after 2 weeks (rather than only one week)? I was wondering about that . . .

Okay, I'm off. I still have a few things on my list to conquer.
  • Penny, I feel the baby move sometimes. Not very much. If I lay on my belly, I feel it alittle more.

leigh, I know what you mean about feeling sad today, too. I always listen to stories of our grandparents about them remembering some tragedy in history and now I can talk about exactly what I was doing when I found out about this tragedy. I'll be able to share it with kids in years to come, when it's in history books.

Michelle, Alisa's isn't a stage or phase. She has ALWAYS been this way. EVERYTHING scares her from going anywhere without me to even gremlins the movie. She is a scaredy cat of everything and it's a pain in the you know what.

Okay, I stayed on the phone and chatted with a friend for like over an hour. So I'm behind and have to get ready to go to my sister's house.
    TTYL
  • Saturday checking in...[Mel need a recipe]
    with my fly by posting style

Hey ladies...I've been reading through the week but with school and prep for school and, housework, and my two that aren't schooled oh and my hubby...lol I'm just working on finding the proper balance to the whole computer time thing.

Today is Nathan's birthday. *Sigh* it is so hard to celebrate his day, because there tends to be an air of sadness (as well there should be, it's completely valid and understandable) but it's hard for a kid to understand why people draw a breath when he tells them the date of his birth. BUT we've had our birthday breakfast and will get our traditional birthday donut in a while...he wants to wait and shop tomorrow. LOL

I'm making up my grocery list and I remember a while back Mel posting a chicken and spinach dish with lemon...I think? Anyway, Mel if you see this could you direct me to the thread it was posted in (I looked unsuccessfully) or would you mind sharing the recipe again?

I'm still hanging out at an 8 lbs loss and I haven't exercised in 2 weeks. BUT there is hope. Hubby is starting to train for his marathon and so we are all getting on the wagon. We've got charts printed out for the boys to chart their progress (they aren't running...but they have a chart where they can mark off each 1/2 mile they walk ...and since we have a track here at our apt complex its easy to get that walk in because the track circles the playground area) Anyway, I hope to be better about posting and I plan to start posting some losses. There is enough time that a good mini goal could be reach by Christmas and thus starting off the new year on a roll.

Ok, gotta get off here and celebrate with my birthday boy. I hope yall are having a nice weekend.
  • Hey guys not going to get personal just yet but wanted to check in and say hi! I am a mad cleaning woman today trying to get this house ready for tonight. I was so sad this morning though because my cousins husband (the cousin that is preg.) called me and said they were at the hospital all night because Lindsay was severly cramping and throwing up and in soooooooooo much pain. I thought then and there he was going to tell me they had lost the baby but he said the baby was fine thank goodness!! I guess she has a really bad cyst and a slight case of endometriosis. Unfortuneatly there is nothing they can do at this point because it would kill the baby so she is on heavy pain killers and they said after 12 weeks it should start getting better. I feel so bad for her because all she wanted was to be pregnant and have a baby and now she is faced with this and I'm sure it will make it a harder pregnancy for her and it hurts my heart. Anyway will those of you that can say a prayer for her. Although they said the baby will be fine it is still going to take a toll on her and I just want her to be healthy. Thanks guys! TTYL
  • Good Afternoon Ladies!

Crystal I understand about Alisa there are some kids that develop these fears and anxieties, it seems as if she may have seperation anxiety being away from you and I know that it must be soooo hard!! Hang in there and just remember patience is a virtue

Leigh, I don't actually know the family I have heard about them through other boards, babycenter and declutter divas both have a thread about the family so I started reading her daily journal. My heart just goes out to them I couldn't imagine (and don't want to) ever being in their position but they seem so strong to be able to share their story with the world and bring an awareness to all who read about them. Don't be sad, be joyous that heaven is going to have another sweet sweet angel soon. I know its hard to read that stuff but I suppose I do it to keep me humble. Hug your little one and thank lord he is healthy. I love ya girly sorry to bring you tears.

Penny what you wrote is exactly why I go and read their journal. Andrew is such a beautiful baby and I'm so glad that he is healthy now!! Did you have a weigh in yet? Did I miss it? Inquiring minds want to know

Jill I hope your cousin feels better and I'm sending good vibes your way. How are you doing?

Ok guys I need to go back to bed I filled in on a shift for someone today and I got all of 3 hours of sleep last night and I have to go back to work at 8pm. The money will be nice though since xmas is coming up

TTYL!!
    Michelle
  • Mel--

I found that recipe. It was in thread 242. I'm buying the stuff and can't wait to try it.
  • Good evening (at least on this coast LOL). Well, Liam has a red mark and little bump on his head He pulled his alligator-xylophone on top of himself! I know he'll be okay, but it's kind of sad.

Crystal- hope you have fun at your sister's house!

Hi, Cheri! I've missed you Happy Birthday to Nathan. Sorry it's so hard for him to have a 9/11 birthday. Just tell him it's nice to remember how to celebrate life on 9/11 . . .

Jill- OMG!! I hope your cousin is okay. I send my thoughts and prayers to her and your family.

Michelle- I know you have the right perspective about the family's story. It just makes me sad, but also grateful. Grateful for the health of everyone I care about; grateful that they have the strength to share their story; grateful for how they may decide to honor Allison's life.

It's kind of quiet here today, but I suppose weekends always are!
  • Ok Ok I guess I will post LOL After I saw how slow weekends were I kind of stopped posting during Sat and Sun but I am still here all day usually LOL I just don't feel like anyone else is!! Anyway I got done cleaning my house and OMG it is so clean!! It was nice because since finding flylady my house has stayed somewhat organized and all that really needed to be done were those deep cleaning things that I don't do on a regular basis. We also got a headboard and footboard from a garage sale that was practically brand new and it looks sooooooooooooooooooo nice in my room, we had been trying to finish the bedroom for awhile but didn't have the money for a hb/fb so this worked out perfectly. I feel like for the first time in my life people can enter my room and look at it without me being embarrassed. Before I would just lock the door and say "oh that's just our room, nothing special" because it was such a mess all the time! I love it now and welcome people to go look. Anyway the 2 couples that are coming over tonight have never been here so that is why I am cleaning so much, I wouldn't care too much if they had already been here but I always like people to see this house the first time at it's best so they'll never see it like this again! LOL

Leigh sorry Liam bonked his head! I'm sure he will be fine too but it is still sad! LOL

Cheri I was wondering where you were! Glad to hear from you again. Happy Birthday to Nathan!!

Michelle is it for sure that little girl won't make it? I only looked through a few of the pages but it was too sad to continue. Makes me feel so lucky and so sad at the same time!

Penny and Mel thanks for flying with me! I couldn't have done it without you! Mel I hope you found that Malox!

Crystal how is your day going?

Ok I need to go pick up the pizzas while the baby is napping so I am going to get off this thing for awhile. I hope you all are having a good day! TTYL
  • Okay all, I'm back from sisters.

Jill, I will pray for your cousin! I hope she and the baby are okay. I always hate when people have problem pregnancies whether it has anything to do with it or not, they tend to get burned when it happens.

Michelle, you are so totally right about Alisa. It's funny you said that, because I've been very much dealing with the idea of putting her into public school. However, I absolutely refuse to put her in this district. I mean refuse. But if we move, I have been dealing with it and she will have a HUGE problem with it. If you ask her now, she'll tear up just thinking about it. But I know she needs it so badly, but as a mother, I can't leave her somewhere that she's bawling like a baby. I'm so torn on this matter right now. Have any ideas about separation anxiety in a kid?

Anybody, got any ideas about separation anxiety in a kid? I knew it was the best thing to do by staying home with her and raising her, as a baby, but it's also has terrible consequences and I don't know what to do. I haven't even talked to dh about any of this. He used to not be for homeschooling, but he is now and I don't know if I can turn him back. I also don't know if he'd be willing to move in order to find a better school district.

Sure hope everyone is having a great day. I'm glad to be home. Hope to lay back and enjoy the rest of this evening. I hate that drive to my sister's house, it's boring and long, loooooooooooooong, with 3 kids.

TTYL