Garlic Lime Chicken - Phase I

• Garlic Lime Chicken (posted on 3FC Home Page)

4 boneless, skinlesschicken breast halves
    1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
    1/4 cup fresh lime juice
    1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1/2 tsp dry mustard
    1/2 tsp coarsely ground pepper

Mix together soy sauce, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and mustard. Place chicken in bowl and pour sauce over all. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes. Remove chicken from marinade and sprinkle with pepper. Spray non-stick frypan with butter-flavored cooking spray and heat over medium temperature. Add chicken and cook about 6 minutes on each side or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.

Serves 4
  • This is delicious!

I couldn't find any Worcestershire that didn't have HFCS...so I used A1 Steak Sauce instead. YUM!

I'm thinking next time I might use the marinade for some veggies.

Thanks for posting Ruth
  • What is HFCS? The recipe has just a tablespoon of W. divided into four servings. I'm not sure of the A-1 sauce. It has 30 cal and 7.6 carbs in the regular althought the Zesty has 12 cals and 2.6 carbs.
    At any rate, it's a tiny amount per serving so I wouldn't fret about it.
  • HFCS would be high fructose corn syrup. I personally try to avoid it myself. The bottle of French;s Worchestershire sauce I have uses molasses, corn syrup and sugar instead of FHCS. The total grams of sugar still shows as 0g for 1 tsp. I agree with Ruth that I wouldn't worry about the small amount that is used here. I use Worcestershire in many recipes and have no problem with it.
  • Ruth -

Your probably right. I also don't use W. often...so I didn't want to buy a whole bottle for 1T!

Thanks