Old 08-27-2004, 02:14 PM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default 390 Things to Do Before You Die...

I saw this on MSN and thought it would be interesting to see what everyone would love to do or see before they die. Their top 10 picks in the United States are:

1. Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL-Sip an Old Style and cheer on the Cubbies from the lively bleacher seats of this historic stadium.

2. Golden Gate Bridge, San Franciso, CA-Walk across the bridge at sunrise; just don't forget your comfortable shoes for the two-mile trek.

3. Mardi Gras, New Orleans, LA-Witness the revelry: Ride a Mardis Gras float on Fat Tuesday.

4. Willie Nelson's 4ht of July Picnic, Austin, TX-Celebrate the U.S. of A. singing along to "Whiskey River" with Willie and 30,000 of his closest friends.

5. Tournament of Roses Rose Parade, Pasadena, CA-Camp out on colorado Blvd. on New Year's Eve and wake up to the sounds of the marching band.

6 Empire State Building, New York, NY-Meet the love of your life at midnight atop New York's most romanitc skyscraper, a la "An Affair to Remember" and "Sleepless in Seattle."

7. Pat's King of Steaks, Philadelphia, PA-On a saturday night at 2 am, wait in line for a cheese steak at the birthplace of Philly's signature sandwich.

8. Pike Place Market, Seattle, WA-Grab a latte at the flagship Starbucks and watch the beloved public market open for the day.

9. Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indianapolis, IN-Walk 16th street the night before the Indianapolis 500--it's Mardi Gras, a bachleor party and an insane asylum rolled into one.

10. Wayne Newton, Las Vegas, NV-After a 12-hour gambling binge at the Stardust, join a cult-like crowd of fans to hear the croonings of Mr. Las Vegas.

How many have you done? What would you like to do before you die?
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 02:23 PM   #2  
One day at a time

Okay, well I haven't done Wrigley Field but have seen the Dodgers and the Angels play, does that count?! Guess I have never been much of Cubs fan. While I haven't walked the Golden Gate bridge I have driven across it andmust say it is a spectacular view! Beautiful! Haven't been to Mardi Gras, and since I am not much of a drinker don't think that I ever will go. Just seems like one continous party. Don't care for Willie Nelsons music but heard Austin is a nice place to visit. Never seen the Rose Parade except on tv. Really have no desire to camp out over night or for days as most do and freeze my booty off when I can see it better on tv. But I suppose the thrill of it all would be worth it just once. A lot of people don't think it gets cold in southern CA but believe me it does. Been to Pike Place Market, that place it cool! And while I have not desire to see Wayne Newton I have been to Vegas several times (I got married there) and plan on going again some day. But here is my list of things I would love to do before I die:

New York, the museums and Broadway
Go up in a hotair balloon
Sky dive
Visit Australia just once
Have a pastrami from CA
See George Strait in concert

Funny, that's all I can think of right now but I know there are more things.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:24 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

I've done # 9 three different times, all while I was in my 20's! It's wild! And what we started on 16th St., we finished on the infield, where we camped for the night.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 05:35 PM   #4  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

This is a neat idea. Makes you stop and think about what you want to do and see.
1. I have not been to Wrigley, but have been to St. Louis and Cincy to ballgames. I got over my love of going to games years ago.
2. Have been driven over the Golden Gate many times and also saw it from the park. In 1967 we lived in Alameda, CA while DH1 was in the Navy. (took trips to the city) Now all these years later my DD lives just north of the city so I have been there lots.
3. Although I have been to New Orleans a few times, never during Mardi Gras and don't think I want to try that.
4. Love country music, but no desire to see this party.
5. Love San Diego, since my boys live there, but have no desire to go up to Pasadena or the parade.
6. I would love to see New York.
7. Have been to Philly, but not to this shop.
8. Seattle would be a nice vacation.
9. Oh yeah, I have been to Indy. Partee..
10. I am in Vegas every winter, but have never gone to see Wayne. I have driven by where he lives, does that count.

Now I am really having a hard time thinking of all that I want to do.

I want to go back to Key West, FL.
I want to live near a beach.
Would love to go to Hawaii.
I want to live long enough to see my son as a lawyer, my DD, who is going through so much, happy again, and my other DD become a grandmother.

Sue
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 08:16 PM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Wow....I need to get out more! I haven't done any of those or come close to it....well, like Cristi...I've driven over the Golden Gate Bridge. That's about it! I have to say, that none of those really appeal to me except #6. Here is what I would like to see or do.

1. Statue of Liberty
2. Mt. Rushmore
3. Niagra Falls
4. Grand Canyon
5. Castles in Ireland
6. Explore the ancient Mayan caves
7. Eygptian Pyramids
8. Australlia
9. Ride a train
10. Horse Ranch

Some of the many things I would like to see and do! Since I know I'll never travel overseas.....I can at least try for what's here in the states! Funny about this thread...James & I were talking about where we would like to visit if we could just travel. We would REALLY like to travel all the states and find cozy little deli's or a cafe the catches our eye. We did that here in Oregon when we first started seeing each other. Found some really cute places to eat.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 12:35 AM   #6  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Ive done a fwe things and lived to tell about it! Like eating grits in a greasy spoon in Sofa County,,,in I think West Virginia...lol Was offered a massage from a drunk in Maine, shared a donut with a limo driver in New York....and it was a long limo,,,and I was in the back...crawling to the front was hilarious...lol
Done New York, San Fransico, Pasadena, and well alot of stuff...lol
Things I would like to see,,,
Mardi Gra
Ireland
Tour all of Europe
Learn to fly
See Cher in concert and be a VIP
be at Oprah's give away show
hang with the Mavericks...lol
Go to the Olympics...

theres more but can't remember everything...lol
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 12:21 PM   #7  
One day at a time

Marti~we went to see Mt. Rushmore and was a little disappointed. It was nice but I guess I expected it to be bigger. We did take pictures of course. I would like to go back and see Crazy Horse. They have a gift shop there that was cool and of course I had to get a sweatshirt. They had just started that when we were down there and I would love to see it finished. Grand Canyon is beautiful! But I would like to go again and ride the donkey's down. I forgot about Statue of Liberty and Niagra Falls-those would be cool to see. And Hawaii-that would be beautiful!
Old 08-28-2004, 01:14 PM   #8  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

The Falls are awesome, have been there several times as my Dad used to live near. We are close to the Grand Canyon every winter and have yet to go there. Maybe this year! I agree with going to Oprah's giveaway...What a day that would be!

Sue
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 11:55 PM   #9  
self portrait

Cristi: I have to agree with you about Mt Rushmore. I was very disappointed when I went there at about 14 years old. I can still remember thinking," Shouldn't this be bigger??" It just seemed so small and puny compared to seeing it one t.v.
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 07:18 AM   #10  
self portrait

Default here is a quick list

I haven't had a lot of time to think about this, so bare with me, I may come back later to add some to the list.

1. Learn how to play the guitar. ( I wanted to learn when I was a child so I could be just like Nancy Wilson from heart, my favorite female rock group. My parents made me take 7 years of piano instead, which led to the sax ( all kinds) the flute, clarinet and other.)

2. Play with a baby orangatan ( sp.?) I just loves those little creatures, my favorite ape.

3. Have a baby ( this may never happen, but I have the list of names, etc and I am ready for one. Most likely another of my pipe dreams)

4. get married again ( another pipe dream I am sure)

5. Travel to europe to visit where my ancestors are from ( poland and Ireland) and visit the Anne Frank house and Auschwitz and anything in between

6. To get another dog.

7. To visit the Statue of Liberty ( hopefully by then they will open it up so you can go into it again, I mean what's the point of going if you can't go in it) and the empire state building and see a broadway show.

8. Visit washington D.C. to see the white house, lincoln memorial, washington monument, etc.

9. Lose 30 plus pounds before I die.

10. Get myself an acutal pair of breasts. I want to die with having actual cleavage and looking like I own what ever women should be born with, breasts.

Last edited by SqueakMouse; 08-30-2004 at 07:24 AM.
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote