Just Beginning

• Hey everyone- I just registered to this site. It's awesome, I'm glad I came across it! Well I just started trying to loose weight about a month ago. So far the scale has not budged- but I lost 8 body inches! I was kind of disappointed that the scale did not move but I was pretty psyched about the inches. Everyone keeps saying that what matters is the inches- it's not like you post a sign on your chest of how much you weigh. Either way I am still working hard to keep up the losses. I work out at Curves about 6 times a week and each day I try to include some other workout like aerobics, yoga, pilates, or power walking. Keep your fingers crossed everyone! Gotta loose the booty!
  • Welcome!
    Chica,

Hiya! I don't remember how I found this site... but I am sure glad I did too!

A month of working out and 8 inches lost? Awesome!

I applaud your Curves-going and your extra daily workouts! I bet you are building quite a bit of muscle and that is hiding your fat loss... which I am sure is there.

Sometimes bodies can be stubborn but they eventually do come around to your reasoning hehehe! You're absolutely right, we don't wear signs on our chests with our weight on it THANK GOD in my case!

Best of luck... have a good morning!
  • Hi Sarah! Thanx for responding to my message! I was so excited that you responded. It's so hard to stay motivated I am facing a huge weight loss. Some days are tough but I havent thought of giving up even once. I hope you havent either. Good luck on your next weight in- I hope u see some progress!

Chica
  • Chica,

Not to sound too Adam-Sandler-ish but You Can Do It!

A huge weight loss can be overwhelming... Personally speaking, I have 75 pounds to lose, and if I think about that in weekly losses, I can get to pondering when the $#&! will this be over with!?

But... I am concentrating instead of getting through each day, moving more, eating healthier foods, NOT having second helpings or a second glass of wine, drinking that water, and you know what? It works!

Trust me, I've been in that lazy place before or the depressed place before, but ultimately what gets it for me is how do I want to live my life? Obese or thin and fit? I don't want to spend my youth in size 18/20 jeans ya know... or any part of my life really!

I've given up before, ever since I got down to that glorified weight in 2001 where my thighs didn't touch... and I slowly but surely rebuilt my formerly pudgy body when I went off WW in a state of depression. But this August, I went to a party for my sister, who had just gotten married. And there were lots and LOTS of pictures taken.

What I was left with was lots of photos of me looking exceptionally large in a pink dress Tummy-roll and bumpy arm fat large. That was my clincher. Here was my awesome sister, fit, svelte, and looking gorgeous in a vintage dress, and I was... EGADS! FAT! Really, really FAT! I felt it... I looked it... my knees hurt... my feet in my high-heeled shoes... ouch! It was not a pretty picture.

So... no. I am most definitely, absolutely NOT giving up. I'm with ya, sister! We'll get there dammit!
  • Chica, you're why I always tell women to take their measurements too! I just recently joined eDiets & took up a new form of exercise (well, an old, almost-forgotten form, I should say), though I've been dieting about two-and-a-half years now (with time off to have a baby!). And I've been at the same weight for 3 weeks, but my clothes are getting baggier. It'd be too easy to get totally unmotivated with the scale immobilized, but the skirt thing really helps.