ISO support to lose 50lbs...any takers?

You're on Page 9 of 47
Go to
  • Hi all! I finally managed to get to the gym this morning and have a great workout - about 15 minutes on the treadmill and another 15 on the eliptical machine. I love to listen to the rock and roll while I exercise. I'm really hoping to run in the 11/21 road race, but I have a ways to go. Right now I can run about 1/2 mile nonstop so you can see there's work to do. I feel so much better on the days I exercise! Good to hear from you Clady - sounds like you're ready for the jumpstart. Skinny and Reds you're doing great! Have a good night.
  • Hello ladies! Just logging in my ET. I did 1 hour on the eliptical and 1/2 hour circuit training at the gym this morning. Also, I just got back from a 20 min bike ride with my son. That's it for me. I'm glad everyone is doing well. It helps me stay motivated to know you gals are working hard right along side of me! There are no quiters in our group and that's why we're going to reach our goals! Way to go ladies! I'll stop back in the AM!
  • Goodmorning ladies! I wanted to stop in on my way to the gym to wish everyone a healthy, exercise filled day ! I'll log my ET when I get back.

Have a great day!
  • Hello ladies! Just got back from the gym, my DET (daily exercise time) is 1 hour on the eliptical and 1/2 hour on circuit training. I need to get my son ready for Kindergarten now but I'll stop back in later on tonight! Have a great day!
  • Checking in
    Hope everyone is having a great health day! Things here are good. I have a big window in my office and I'm glad as it is a beautiful day here in KY.

ET for this week: Sunday-40 minute brisk walk
    Monday-30 cardio
    Tues- 30 minute cardio

Looks like everyone is doing well. Keep up the good work!

Good news-my DH has decided to start joining me at the Y! This is wonderful news. He's very supportive of my effort to become healthy but hasn't really started on the journey for himself. He said watching me be committed and seeing how good I feel has given him a desire to become healthy. So-YEAH!
  • Country Lover
    [COLOR=Indigo]I also am new to this site. I once again have chosen to start a weight loss program. I along with 12 others am being motivated by wanting to lose the weight, but also we have started our own weight loss center in our office. With the winner losing the most up unti 12/17/04.. claiming approx 400.00 in the kitty, fro 20.00 start up and 2.00 wkly fee. The second place winner will receive 50.00. I am 50 years old, mother of 4 ages 27, 25, 14, and 12.. I only have the 2 youngest at home. I am also a grandmother of a 4 yr old, and a 3 year old. My second oldest is getting married next summer , and I would love to look fabulous, My oldest son got married a year ago, and I hate to show any of the pictures that include me in them. I am at 189 lb now, 5'7 1/2 ". I have shrunk an inch some where. must have put it on the other way around. I overheard a co worker say to another gal on this program.. that she would not last the next couple of weeks. I was very upset. Friends like that who needs enemys. One thing I have learned is that there is always support out there from a friend or even one of us. We will give you the encouragement you need.. Keep your chin up, and keep up the good work.. Jeannie
  • Welcome, Jeannie
    Glad to have you aboard and to be sharing this journey to health w/you! Don't let the naysayers bring you down. You've got the motivation and, w/the wonderful ladies on this board, the support you need to succeed! Let us know when you need encouragement! You can do it! Then take the $400.00 and buy yourself some new clothes-you'll need them!

What is your weight loss/exercise plan?
  • Welcome Jeannie! I'm so glad you found us! I know I speak for all the ladies when I say we'd love to help you win that money! We've all been there,(actually, I was at 189 a couple weeks ago), and we're all working hard and staying committed so we can reach our goals. We've lost a few people along the way but the ones that are left are focused and ready to loose the weight so we're here if you need support! As for that co-worker, it seems to me she may be underestimating her competition. I think you should prove her wrong. Whenever you feel tempted to head for the OREO's, just replay that moment over and over in your mind..."she won't last two weeks" and I bet you'll think twice about what you're about to eat. You can do it! We weigh in on the 15th and the last day of each month. You're welcome to join us if you'd like! Good luck Jeannie! I look forward to hearing about your progress!

Skinny-Yipee! I'm so happy that you're DH will be joining you at the Y! That's fantastic! You'll have to get him to log his DET in here too! Let him know we'll be expecting a log in from him on the 15th for weigh in! Also, way to stay committed to the cardio! Good job!

Okay ladies, I need to get my boys in the shower. I'm thinking about going for a walk once they fall asleep but we'll see how tired I am! I'll stop back in afterwards, if I decide to go.
  • Hi - It is so good to check in here at the end of a long day. Welcome Jeannie, Hi Skinny, Reds and Clady. It's awesome that your DH (what exactly does that stand for - I have a few guesses?) has joined you at the gym. Reds - your workouts are tremendous, great inspiration for the rest of us. Don't you just love the eliptical - lots of great movement without sore knees.

I had my class tonight. The prof was much nicer - thank goodness. She's loading on the work though so I might have to start using the bike a lot and reading while I'm on it. I can't believe it's already six days into our new leg of the journey - this is the first time I thought about the weigh in since the last time. I want to get the movement going so I have something to look forward to on the 30th. Thanks for being here everyone - this is the best support I've ever had when it comes to health and weight loss. Have a nice night.
  • Hello ladies. I will be skipping my morning workout today to attend a funeral. My neighbor passed away last week, I've known her since I was a kid so I need to go say my goodbye's. She was in her late 90's, so we all knew it was comming but it has hit my father hard (not that he would admit it, but a daughter always knows when her father is hurting) so I need to be there to show my support for him. I will stop back again at the end of the day.

Good luck today ladies! Stay focused!
  • Good morning, everyone
    Sounds like everyone is doing well. I'm a little frustrated this morning; I overslept. Got my daughters to school on time and to work on time but didn't have time to exercise! So, I'll have to squish in some exercise somewhere later today. Oh, well.

TOF-DH means dear hubby/husband. I've had to ask about some abbreviations before, too. I had no clue what WJR was until Reds informed me! Also, glad your class went well. Good idea about the reading while exercising. Isn't it amazing how many things a woman can squeeze into her day?

Reds-sorry to hear about your neighbor. Her family will be in my thoughts. How kind of you to take time from your busy schedule to attend her funeral. Not everyone would be so kind, even if it was someone they've known for years.

Well, I was wondering about something. I know on this board we weigh on the 15th and the 30th but my group at church weighs in every week. Is it okay for me to post my weekly WI or do I need to wait and post on the same day as everyone else?

I hope to have a good WI tonight. Last week, I lost 1/2 poind and I had to struggle w/my attitude. I've been working on my attitude already this morning that I'd be happy w/whatever the scale says.

Have a good health day! Good to hear from everyone.
  • Hi all. Reds, I'm sorry about your neighbor. Though sad, I'm sure you drew some meaning from the ceremony and the long life your neighbor had. To me, when people die, it seems like love is everywhere. I'm sure you'll be giving your boys extra hugs tonight.

Skinny, by all means weigh in each week, your losses will inspire us. The twice a month works well for me for many reasons. I think any regular pattern of weigh in is inspiring. I missed the exercise this morning as my dh wanted his turn so he went out for a run at the crack of dawn. The rest of the day was simply too full of work, child pick ups and drop offs and errands to squeeze in any ex, hopefully tomorrow am I'll be back at the gym. Funny, but I ate a little too much today. The days that I exercise I seem to want to eat less so I have to remember that.

I wish you well at tonight's weigh in, let us know how you're doing. It's amazing that you've lost 23 lbs already. That's quite a fete. How many sizes have you dropped? I actually haven't dropped a size yet even though I've lost quite a few lbs (17), but my clothes are fitting looser and I look better in them so that's a start. I'm looking forward to being a couple sizes smaller by mid winter though. You're getting close to crossing the 200 mark, that will be exciting. Take care.
  • Good evening ladies! Thank you all for your kind words regarding my neighbor. I am a Christian so I see death as a positive thing rather than negative so yes, there were tears of joy today and lots of love in the air. She will be missed, but she's in a better place. Thanks again.

As for me, my DET was.....zero. Too much going on but I'll be back on track tomorrow. You can count on that!

Skinny, I think it's great that you want to log your progress weekly. I'm all for it. Different schedules work for different people but I'll support you whether or not you weigh in on the same day as me. Personally, I can't weigh myself that often. If I don't see progress, I get discouraged. Twice a month is enough time for me to step on that scale and see some results so I'll stay motivated to do more. Different strokes for differents folks right?

TOF, don't worry about the skipped day. You'll make it up tomorrow. I think you're doing a great job...17 lbs is quite an accomplishment! I'm sure you'll loose a few more between now and the 30th, you're too motivated not to! Way to go girl!

Okay, that's it for me. I'm going to soak in a nice bubble bath! Goodnight ladies!
  • Good morning, ladies
    Hope everyone is having a good health day! Okay, so I lied yesterday! I wasn't okay w/what the scale said! When I stepped on the scale last night, I was up! Not just a little either, 1 1/2 pounds! I was pretty discouraged at first. But my DH-gotta love that man of mine-reminded me that I've started a new exercise routine at the Y and that some of that could be muscle gain as muscle weighs more than fat. My accountability partner was encouraging as well. I spent some time in prayer last night to work on my attitude as well. I also went over my food diary and have discovered that tootsie rolls and candy corn need to be kept out of my house! So, attitude is better. Looking forward to some weight loss next week!

Well, ladies-have a great day! My daughter joins the ready to be fit program tonight and DH on Monday. It's so nice to see some of my effort encouraging them and actually sinking in. My youngest daughter is a sweet-aholic. The child would eat her weight in chocolate if I would let her! (don't know where she gets that from ) Last night, her big sis was going to eat some cake before dinner and the youngest said-you need to eat something good for you first, sis. I almost fell over! That's good, though. It means that all this health info is actually getting in there!
  • That's great skinny! You're determination to be healthy is helping your family do it too, that's super. Extra encouragement from them will really help you reach your goal.

My DET....3 mile WJR at the park.
    For breakfast I had a bowl of Cheerios, fruit salad and water (of course). I'm meeting a friend for lunch and I'm running a little late so I'll have to write more later. Have a great day gals!

Weigh in is only 1 week away! Let's stay focused ladies!