Thursday Food Menu Thingy

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I like this thread. Whose idea was this? Barb's?
    As I sat popping my Smarties whilst watching the Olympics this evening, I thought of you girls, and how someone would be sure to criticize me for losing control.

Plan for Thursday so far:

- 3 coffees w/skim milk
    - 2 tsps peanut butter
    - no fat, no sugar vanilla pudding. Yes, I ate an entire cup.
    - two handfuls of Tostidos
    - small theatre popcorn w/butter
    - Ethiopian food... probably not OP, but very healthy, otherwise
    - Corona
  • I like this thread as well, it kind of gives you ideas of what to do by seeing what other people are doing.

I'm in Phase 2 and as I am doing weight lifting, my goals include trying to eat some form of protein every 3 hours or so.

My actuals for Thursday are:

Meal 1:
    3/4 serving of oatmeal
    1 egg

Meal 2:
    1/2 chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
    1/2 cup grape tomatoes

Meal 3:
    2 chicken tenderloins (1/2 a breast)
    1/2 cup of bell peppers (red and orange)
    1 laughing cow wedge
    2 stalks of celery

Plan for the rest of the day:

Meal 4:
    Spinach salad with a bit of feta and chicken

Meal 5:
    Pork tenderloin
    Some form of fresh veggies (I have broccoli, cauliflower and brussel sprouts as an option)

Meal 6:
    Not sure will probably be chicken with something else
  • Good morning

Ok, my menu for Thursday:

Breakfast: Lowfat/carb protein shake

AM Snack: 2 HB eggs w/ seasoned salt

Lunch: 1/2 C. cottage cheese w/ 1 med. fresh peach, green salad

PM Snack: Coffee w/ splash of lowfat milk and 2 packets Splenda

Supper: Chicken salad sandwich on 100% whole wheat bread

Water Goal: 60 oz.

Mamacita
  • morning everyone,
    well my olympic treat was a twix brownie dd made them last night and i couldn't resist (as usual) also had a few sips of 2% milk to wash it down. i did not eat the entire pan there fore i am feeling good about it.

today
    bfast 2 scrambled eggs 1/2 ww eng muffin. a big glass of water, 3 coffee's with the dreaded powdered creamer.
    lunch a skinless boneless chic breast left over from last night 1/2 cup of ww fettucini alfredo lf, leftover from another day this week.
    dinner sirloin burger with no buns, salad, sauteed zucchini
    snacks celery, tomato, maybe a little cheese??

water goal 64oz's
    other goals- no baked goods!!! could you possibly walk a little???? ok i'll try
  • my eating today
    Had a few nuts for breakfast. It's early here but was munchy. Will have a v8 later in the morning.

HB egg with the v8

Lunch is a huge salad with chicken breast.

dinner...........I don't know. It's my first day back at work after my long vacation with the kids and I'm planned out. I'll find something I can eat.

I will be on program today and I will drink 2 liters of water!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I am not sure what I am going to eat today The last day or so I have not even felt like eating. So far for today:

Breakfast- Tea. ( 3 extra large cups)

Snack- nothing

Lunch- crustless pizza ( I made my base with hamb and ultra low fat cream cheese) topped with onion, olives, green pepper, sprinkled with a bit of parm cheese. And a salad with Paul Newman dressing.

Snack- more tea

Supper- Meatballs and veggie stir fry.

I don't think I ate enough today. But I really am not in the mood for eating. Other than when the kids had chips for a snack today. I could have cried. I really really wanted some but I held strong.

Anyone with some good ideas let me know?????
  • Well it's starting off with 2 cups of coffee with the forbidden Int'l low carb creamer (i'm using it up and will try the SF syrups) and I think I will have a low carb english muffin with some naturaly peanut butter.
    snack1 4 ww crackers and a nectarine.
    Probably a salad again for lunch
    snack2-wasa crackers with Laughing cow
    dinner-cheddar stuffed burgers, cauliflower, and probably another salad.
    maybe a SF fudgicle for dessert.
  • Yum!
    Good morning,ladies! I am in desperate need of a cup of coffee! with skim milk!

This a.m. I had a slice of turkey bacon and veggie quiche from the SBD book. Not filling at all, but alas... snack should come soon.

Snack- Cucumber and hummus

Lunch: Chinese food/sushi with the adorable kids I nannied for!

Snack: More cucumber and hummus (it was all I had time to prepare this a.m.)

Dinner: Ugh, this one is gonna be hard. Prolly veggies and tofu. I made tofu last night and it was too jiggly, like jello. Perhaps I bought the wrong kind? I remembered tofu as being kinda thick, easy to cube. This kind barely stayed in neat slices for a quick sautee. I used light silken. Tips would be much appreciated!

Water: Am gonna do the usual two liters, prolly more when I get home from work.

Have a great day today!
  • Ellis - I wish I could take credit for the idea of starting the daily menu thread but it wasn't me. It's a great idea. I thought about grabbing a couple of pretzels at work yesterday and didn't because I didn't want to have to come back here and update my menu to admit my cheat!

Breakfast - yogurt and Metamucil
    Hot tea at work. Will have one more cup sometime today.
    Snack - cauliflower and horseradish/mayo
    Lunch - leftover WW lasagna and leftover ham/zucchini/pasta. Small portions
    Snack- red pepper and hummus
    Dinner- meatballs and veggies (cookbook) with WW spaghetti. I'll probably fix extra veggies for me and keep my pasta serving to just a taste since I have starch at lunch too. Metamucil to drink.

I hope to get a nice walk in tonight. Yesterday I walked up to the school just to see how long it was. 20 minutes each way at a brisk pace. No way I'm going to ask my 7 year old to do it especially since the Walk light is too short across the 6 lane road.
  • Trying to be good today as I know a good french restaurant seals my fate tonight....

Breakfast- tea, h2o, vitamins, 2 hard boiled eggs
    Lunch- salad, h2o
    Dinner- yikes.
  • Oh man, guys, it's hard enough for me to post in the daily...I honestly don't think I can add my food each day, too!

But I think it is GREAT that you are doing it!

I just had to jump in to say that you look amazing, Shequila!!! Love the new avatar!!!
  • Here's my plan for the day...I know in advance I do not have enough snacks packed today. What was I thinking?

Bfast: string cheese and 3 slices spicy chicken breast lunch meat

Snack: FF yogurt with 1/4c fiber one and blueberries

OK, so got stuck in a meeting and missed snack. Did get in my water so far though...

Lunch: Progresso Lentil soup (1/2 can) and an orange (been dying for one...never ate yesterdays)

Since I missed snack, I allowed myself the whole Lentil can of soup. I wanted to be full.

Snack: ???? Maybe the other half of the lentil soup if I have to...would rather do that and have a smaller dinner than go off plan

Dinner: Chicken sausage, spicy or tomato...forget which I bought. Steamed beans from the garden and roasted bell peppers. DH will have WW couscous.

And water water water water.
  • Breakfast 1 hard boiled egg
    coffee

snack cucumber slices with hummus

Lunch ?? have not decided yet

Snack reduced fat peanut butter

Dinner steak with spinach ( DH and son will have baked beans with theirs)
  • Do we post WHAT we've eaten or the PLAN to eat??? Here's what I've eaten...bleck

1 liter water
    1 serving Carb options yogurt
    1 everything bagel with lox and cream cheese (downfall much)

Plan is to get back on (even though there is an ice cream social here at work today) and have:

salad with chicken, cucumbers for lunch
    Cucumbers and hummus for snack

Dinner -- mexican salad (homemade ground beef, taco seasoning, black beans, salsa and either light sour cream or light ranch dressing)

Here's to hoping I am OP and can resist the ice cream!
  • Quote:
    Snack reduced fat peanut butter
    Make sure the ingredients are just peanuts and salt or else there's sugar and that's bad!

Usually they add "stuff" to reduced fat items...