Weekly Thread: August 16-23 ODAT

You're on Page 5 of 5
Go to
  • Evening
    Nice lazy day. Going to see friends in a few but wanted to say hello.

Have a new sponsee plus rejoined an OA email loop I canceled out of a while back.

Hugs to all.
  • Just a brief note.

I think my headaches are due to the overtime and not enough down time.

Catch you later--my neice has just instant messaged me.
  • Just wanted to say hi real quick, I'm getting ready to take the kids to Vacation Bible School and get a kitten! (what am I getting myself into??!!), I am aiming for today being my first real day of trying to be abstinent from compulsive eating....I'll let you know if I made it through my first day or not, I'm hoping I'll be able to say "Yes, I did!"

Much Love to All of You,
    skippy oxo
  • Hey all...

I'm trying to remember to pray for those who bring up my bile/venom. Tough day today emotion-wise. Even tougher because I can't turn to food to deal with it, so I guess I'll just have to "settle" for God.

I really need a gratitude list, so here goes:
    (1) I am grateful for lost things turning up right where I left them.
    (2) I am grateful for rainstorms that refresh the air.
    (3) I am grateful for a full tank of gas in my car.
    (4) I am grateful for my cell phone.
    (5) I am grateful for all of you!
  • Monday's suck. So someone (me maybe) should start the new thread tommorow. I have been on a hormonal roller coaster today. I hate TOM its like my body has betrayed me to some sort of sick, crazy, twisted, jealous, wanting woman. I can get her to shut up and subside for a minute and then she is back with a vegenace.

So in the ESH category I got this minute to be okay. The minute before I was crazy, and the next minute who knows? The scary, disease tapes are really loud today. And I just need to be nurtured so bad. I never know how to ask for what I need. Instead I skip the gym to come home to an empty house. Shower, yoga, reading. The morning is a new day.

My gratitude list:
    1. The sun will be out tommorow
    2. I have many forms of communication
    3. I really am not alone
    4. Hurt doesn't last forever
    5. That I can be a romantic and believe God and love can conquer all

Sweet dreams! I love you all!
    Chris
  • Janelle--remember that you will forever be in the arms of God.

Chris--Hormones. Luckily I don't have TOM any more but I still have those hormonal times.

Gratitude list for today
    1. A loving God
    2. Not having TOM's

Be of good cheer and have a blessed day.
  • I did it, I made it through my first real day. What was great was that I didn't limit myself on what type of food, calories...etc, but how I ate the food. I didn't eat it out of control. I felt in control today. Tomorrow (which is actually today since it's 1:54 am) may be different , but as today, I did it. Thank-You God.

I think I am calling this my first "real" day , because I keep thinking of it as dieting, even if I don't want to admit that, but today I thought of it as trying to control my eating and not being obsessive about it.

Love to all and I'll see you tomorrow (or should I say later on today)

skippy oxo