30 lbs in 4 months!

• I am looking for all kinds of support here. I have been through alot over the last year and need to get back on track. A thread by the same name helped me go from 202 to 180 lbs and for some reason I slacked and the group didn't last either. I am 24 yrs old and as of this morning 180.6 lbs. I want to get to 145 by Christmas. My goal is 120-125. I have always been overweight, I haven't been 120 since I was about 12 yrs old I think. I was 4'8" at the time.

Let me tell you about my last year. My fiance of 4 yrs moved to TX for a job (4/03), looking for a place for us to live...yadda yadda yadda....WELL...after 6 months of lying and excuses, he visits me and we split up. I called his mother after not hearing from him in 2 mos. I found out that he was living with another girl and taking care of her kids IN ARIZONA... also found out that he was going for heart surgery (karma bit him in the *** if you ask me)...I do not wish bad thoughts upon anyone. He knew that he messed up. He called me in January to apoligize and explain that "it wasn't supposed to happen that way"....NO **** SHERLOCK!

Well, it was hard to let things go but I began to get on with my life and look at maybe dating again. Well, I didn't like it. I hate dating, all the games and bs that go along with it. This past March I decided to work on myself and not worry my dating or men....

I was picking up my 8 yr old neice from LAX airport on 4/2/04 and on the way home, I was cut off on the freeway and totaled my car. (pics are on my website www.geocities.com/amby715) We both are fine. I already have severe back pain from Spina Bifida. I was put on heavy pain meds and still continue to used them when it gets really bad.

I suffered through my customer service job (sitting at a desk for 8 hrs hooked to headphones)...and on 5/25/04, My supervisor sent me home because I was in tears from so much pain. I wasn't able to take the meds at work because they made me tired or loopy. (defeats the purpose right?) On 5/26, I was put on Disability. Which is where I am now.

I have met a wonderful man. We've been dating for a little over a month. He's perfect. I love the way he looks at me. He's so sweet! I don't know how I got so lucky in finding him. He says the same about me. He told me the first time we met that I was perfect. I don't want to lose this one. ;-)

It makes me a little self conscious though that he only weighs 100 lbs. It makes me feel REALLY big. He's 5'6 and very small framed. He's not anorexic or anything.

Sorry for the venting ;-)

Talk to you soon
  • Hi Amber - it looks like you are well on your way. Sounds like you have been through alot. I understand about the pain, I was in an accident in 5/04 and have back pain. I can't let that get me down. You have additional problem with Spina Bifida, that must be rough. I want to loose about the same amount of weight, I want to be a size 8 (7 would be better).

I am quite a bit older than you (42) and have 3 children and 5 grandchildren, 5'3 and weigh 172, would love to be 125-135. I have a buddy here named Rita - she is great, I would love it, if you would be my buddy too.

Penny