RE: lowcarb slimfast drinks on SBD?

• I would love to know if anyone knows if you can drink the new low carb slim fast shake on the South Beach Diet Phase 1. Its great for the morning rush! There are 6 carbs in the drink but it says there are only 2 net carbs on the front of the can. I am new at this diet and I am still trying to understand it. Thanks for any Help!
  • Do you have the Book? Not recommended in any Phase on South Beach - too processed. You can make a protein shake. Check out the recipe section.
  • Kkara, Ruth is exactly right. You can make a great smoothie at home with protein powder, Lowfat or FF plain yogurt, flaxseeds, and splenda syrups.

We don't count carbs on SBD, so it doesn't matter how many carbs are in the product. It only matters if you are eating the right carbs.

Reading the book is essential on any plan, but especially so for SBD.
  • I was using the LC slim fast shakes quite freely before i started SBD and I have a few leftover, I guess I won't use them now. I liked them though because they were precanned and easy to drink. Being on SBD though, I've discovered other things to eat and feel better about my choices.
  • I think it was Ruth who posted a nice recipe for a protien shake made with cottage cheese. I tried to fond it but I couldn't. Maybe she can post it for us again. I would like to try it. It would be a nice thing to take to work and sip on.
  • Here you go. It was in miscellaneous recipes but I moved it to Breakfasts.
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34818
  • Thanks Ruth!