Thursday Challenge

• Ok, fighters!! This is the gauntlet. This is the line in the sand. This is a one-day challenge, if you think you can hang with the Big Dawgs......

Today, I am that old, big-nosed guy in the corner, who always had Rocky's back and his best interests at heart. ( Special nod to Dana, here. YOU know what I'm talking about.) Today, I am the guy who pushes you to toe the line, take the high road, step to it, stick to your guns......be an ACHIEVER! *insert Rocky I theme music here*

Today, I will stick to plan 110%. I will be disciplined, stoic, ROCK HARD in my determination.

Join me in the ring? Can you hang for one day????
  • I am so down... got my gloves on and am ready to kick some major butt. This has been a good week for both of us, no? I've eaten on plan every single day (although I must admit, it's been easier since my significant other has been on a business trip ).

Can't wait to go to the gym tonight (never would have thought I'd say that!) I couldn't sleep last night, so I let myself sleep in this morning in favor of going tonight.

Let's rock it, Sarah!
  • I know what you mean about saying "I can't wait to go to the gym" but after a few months of going regularly, I have found that if I don't go 2 days in a row, I'm feel out of it. I look forward to the gym, even though it is not always pleasant. Today is one of my hardest days (back and biceps planned) and also one of my sweatiest and I am so ready for it. Nothing can stop me now! I do have to admit that since I weigh at the gym, that gives me extra motivation for going. Actually, lately I have been obsessed because I broke my plateau then to confirm it I wanted to weigh again, but then the scales were out of batteries at the gym so it made me a nervous wreck. Last night, batteries were in and I still weigh the same which was good.

Anyway, I am in as well. Today I'll try to make something extra healthy for dinner with veggies and everything as well as go to the gym and drink tons of water.
  • I am definitly with you I started a new plan today, I am very excited. I also plan to resume lifting weights, starting tonight. I have to break from cardio, since I have a problem with my foot right now and cannot walk well.
  • I'm with you Sarah! We can do it!
  • Sarah, I'd almost be afraid NOT to join you! He He!! So, here I am!
    (In best Forrest Gump voice) "YES,DRILL SARGENT!!"
  • I'm in! Doin great today!!!
  • Amy Jo, you make me laugh! NOW GET ON THE FLOOR AND GIVE ME 50!!

Ok, here are your challenge names:

Jennifer - Tony "The Nose" Teapot
    Nelie - "Everready"
    Raelynn - Ray "The Foot"
    Celina - Lou "Legs" Brooklyn
    Amy Jo - Joey "The Soldier"
    Gretchen - Gumba "Two Wheels"

Hope everyone's having a great day......NOW C'MON, QUIT STANDING AROUND LIKE A BUNCHA LITTLE GIRLS, GET OUTTA HERE AND PUNCH SOME BAGS!! PUT YOUR SHOULDERS INTO IT, WHY DON'TCHA??
  • You're killin' me here, Sarah!

*Punch* ----> Bag
    *Punch -----> Bag
    *PUNCH* ---------------------------> Bag
  • Sarah! Sarah! Sarah! (I could keep chanting but my lungs might get tired)

Unfortunately, I"m going to have to break my eleven day streak at the gym tonight. I walked around the zoo (briskly!) for almost five hours and am BEAT. I was going to try and get there anyway, but we'll see. I might still be able to do it. The good news was that I avoided the fried food there by some miracle.

Good luck everyone!
  • Dana - I don't know what I'm gonna do with you gf - As I read through the posts, I have in my mind what I'm going to type for my reply.. Then, EVERY FREAKIN' TIME! You've already done it! I was shaking my head and I was gonna start my post with Sarah, Sarah, Sarah.... and thats when I saw your post! I tell ya.. you scare me! But I love you!

Soooo... SARAH! SARAH! SARAH! LALALA! SARAH! (there im being original)

You made me get through today.. I was downtown this morning waiting for my train to work when I decided that I would walk to the next station (10 blocks away) rather than stand at my station and wait. Let me tell, I sweat to death (it was hot) but I felt great. I've never done that! And I couldn't make it to the gym today so that combined with my walk from the train to work and taking the stairs got me my exercise point and made it a 4 point day... ALL THANKS TO YOU! You're the best chicka! And I guess my nickname for the day fit...

Ciao,

Lou Legs Brooklyn
  • Lou Legs, I've taken over your mind! MWAHAHA!

i feel so powerful. I've always wanted to do that to someone
  • Sarah, I did drop, but I couldnt give you fifty! In fact the number that I did do is so embarassing that I dont even want to say it, so I'll just say I did
    10-ish! I did, however, walk 2 miles yesterday! AND, I walked 3.5 today, so I'm feelin' good!!