Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-02-2004, 12:17 PM   #1  
Searching

Talking Weekly Thread: Aug 2-Aug 8 Party TIME!

Good Morning Girls!

Today is the only day you have. What are you going to do with it? The sun is shining, God is merely a prayer away, food obsessions have melted into the background. What do we do with this precious day? Do we cherish our families and ourselves? Do we find compassion in the world around us? Do we love in spite of our pain?

My commitment this week is to attend meeting every day, work on my step work, and try to make loving choices in all areas of my life.

I am turning 32 this week. We should have a party all week long!

Waiting to have you all check in!

Chris
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 02:45 PM   #2  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Hi Chris, I'm here. I went to volunteer at Church today, which is excellent for getting my focus off of my obsession. I've been asked to take over the nursery program, which will be fun, once I find my feet. I'm happy to be here.
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 04:05 PM   #3  

I am thankful for my air conditioner I am also thankful for my family, my doctor, therapist, and Seventh Heaven. I saw progress with my patients today and I felt that I had gave them hope. My committment is to leave work behind when I walk out of my office and enjoy the rest of my day, worry free.
Peace!
mugirl2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 10:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Chris--watch your mail for this week--a little something coming your way in honor of your birthday. My niece will turn 14 on on the 6th, nephew will have one on the 12th and I will have yet another on the 27th. My niece is expecting her first baby due on the 26th.

I am thankful for a wonderful aunt and uncle who let's me come and spend the week end with them. Thankful that I have a job that I love (going on 12 years) and bosses who leave me alone except when I need them. And grateful that I only have 3 more day to finish out this 10 stretch. A podiatrist who understands the pain of heel spurs. Called and made an appointment today. It's on Friday the 13th. Two adorable siblings, that have given me 7 nephew's and nieces and one great nephew and another great nephew/niece on the way. Yes I love my family.

Tracy good for you for volunteering. I find that when I'm busy I don't obsess about food as much.

I'm going to a different websight to sign up for an internet course that is taught by the health department. Need some class room hours for the renewal of my water license.

May your day go well tomorrow.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 07:35 AM   #5  

I'm thankful for...
- my beautiful, smart, healthy daughters.
- summer vacation.
- new scrapbook goodies.
- air conditioning.
- good friends.
- my church family.
- my job -- which I'm actually looking forward to going back to!
- my salvation.
- my sisters.
- good books to read.

Chris -- So what day is the big one? You go party, girl! You'll have to tell us all about your celebration.

Everyone else -- Hi to all and I hope you are doing well!

I just got up so I don't have a lot to say yet. Yawn...I'll try to check in later!

Love,
Christy
elizabecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 07:58 AM   #6  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Hey, Chris, I just turned 32 in June! Every year I keep saying it must be time to start acting like an adult. So far, hasn't happened. Do tell us when it is exactly!
Old 08-03-2004, 08:31 AM   #7  
Searching

The big day is Thursday and my friends all want to know what I want to do. I have no idea, I have never had friends on my birthday before! BBL!

Love ya'll!
Chris
Old 08-03-2004, 02:28 PM   #8  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Chris - That is my hubby's birthday as well. I hope you have a very special day.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 08:26 AM   #9  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I'm here, I'm here!!!

I've been doing okay, but my computer's power supply went tits-up last week. I just found out this morning that I could hook hubby's laptop to the computer connection and get on. HOwever, I have to leave for work in 10 minutes so I don't have much time. Suffice it to say that I miss you all and love you all and REALLY realize how much I value your support since it's not been readily available.

More later!
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 12:15 PM   #10  
Searching

Okay Jenelle knows I am not big on the whole "confessions" thing. I am a food addict and I do weird **** with food. It just is, and God's grace gives me a new minute to making loving choices for myself. As his daughter that is what He wants for me, to quit being so damned hard on myself, and find the compassion in me I have for others. So I am lurking today on the Maintainers forum today, and these are the ladies that have put together their own formulas for success in how ever their addictions have taken them. And I am thinking I know what my path is, I have just stuck my heels in the ground because of my own self loathing. I am truly Chris's worst critic.

Simply excercise, a food plan, and a meeting would do me worlds of good. Instead I eat a piece of fish today and my brain goes straight to guilt land. So here is my disease in the light of day. Who wants to help me shut it the **** up?

My friends want a birthday part. I want just a party. Who wants to go to the all male revue with me on Saturday?

Hoping for something more inspiring later. I love you gals.
Chris
Old 08-04-2004, 01:56 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Chris you are such a beautiful woman!! I agree with you about being our own worst critic. The other day my hubby said something about "fat" people and I said "how do you think that makes me feel" and he simply replied that he doesn't even see me as being "fat" which was sweet of him to say...but I wonder if he was saying it so as not to hurt my feelings. I want to join the OA meetings here but they are on Fridays which is really hard day for me, I've tried getting in to the online OA chat at OA.com but I seem to get there when everyone is gone lol.

Stress has me doing one of two things these days, not eating hardly anything or binging like crazy. I had a heart to heart with myself and yesterday was a great OP day no binging and no starving went for a walk and went to bed satisfied. Today I haven't eaten yet but I plan on having a decent lunch and dinner so I'm sure I"ll be fine. We are getting ready to do some remodeling in my home and my inlaws are coming and my husband is having his vasectomy on the 13th and my daughters 3rd birthday are all this month!! I'm swamped!! I'm worried that I'm going to turn to food after hubby has his vasectomy because I'll know for sure that we won't be having any more children, which I would love to have another but medically for me it isn't safe, thus the vasectomy. Ugghhh here I go rambling again. Sorry guys bear with me lol.

I started my new thyroid meds and the phentermine and perhaps that has me feeling a bit better as well.

I talked to one of my ex boyfriends the other day, on the internet, for the first time in like 4 years....I told him about all the stuff I had been struggling with since then and he basically laughed and told me that I must have wanted pity, thats why I cut....Ugghhh I was floored and couldn't believe that some people are so ignorant as to the type of "demons" that some of us face daily. He even went so far as to tell me that when he hears people whining he tells them "oh why don't you go cut yourself" WHAT A JERK!! Seriously.....

Anyway I found myself wanting to purge last week but I didn't I'm proud that I hung in there if only by a thread.

Chris I do want to wish you a very happy birthday! I hope the company of friends and family will bring you all the happiness in the world!!

Jennelle did you get the RV? I may have missed that post gosh I hope I'm not confusing threads again I'm such a scatterbrain lol. Hubby likes to joke that I need shock therapy LOL he of course means that in the most loving way possible.

Christy how are you doing? School starting soon?

CeeJay how bout you, are you keeping busy? Hope all is well

Have a wonderful day guys!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 03:07 PM   #12  
Searching

Michelle- And there is a reason he is not your boyfriend anymore. All we can do is find compassion that he will have to live the rest of his life being so stupid. Bravo for not hurting yourself girl.

God just reminded me why you don't go workout for an hour after barely eating anything for two days. Wooooooooohooooooooo I handed my food to God and a friend, I think I am going to be okay.

Chris
Old 08-04-2004, 03:07 PM   #13  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Hi Ladies, I'm having a pretty good day - my eating hasn't been stellar, but my workout was fun this morning, and I got some stuff done for church, and DH and I are in make-up mode, so we're being sweeties.

I've been thinking about the using exercise to purge thing lately - and while I don't have the history of obsessing about each rep like some of you do (I use videos, so I don't have to count), I do tend to punish myself with a tough workout to make up for poor eating. I've felt so much better the past few weeks being consistent, but not overdoing it. Having light, moderate, and intense days taking into account how I feel. I hope I can keep this attitude. Keep the Famous Amos cookies away from me, and things might be okay.

Chris - I read an interesting article yesterday. The main point was, God loves us with all of our faults, not in spite of them. Our hearts may not be big enough to love ourselves that way, but we should try. You do so much to inspire others. No more guilt!!!

Michelle - I'm sorry you're having a stressful time. I hope you can get a little time to yourself - meditating, reading, whatever you like - to recharge.

Love the lovely ladies!
Old 08-04-2004, 03:18 PM   #14  
Searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasaigh
I've been thinking about the using exercise to purge thing lately - and while I don't have the history of obsessing about each rep like some of you do (I use videos, so I don't have to count), I do tend to punish myself with a tough workout to make up for poor eating. I've felt so much better the past few weeks being consistent, but not overdoing it. Having light, moderate, and intense days taking into account how I feel. I hope I can keep this attitude. Keep the Famous Amos cookies away from me, and things might be okay.

Chris - I read an interesting article yesterday. The main point was, God loves us with all of our faults, not in spite of them. Our hearts may not be big enough to love ourselves that way, but we should try. You do so much to inspire others. No more guilt!!!
Love the lovely ladies!
Tracy I will never forget first reading about excercise bulimia. I can't remember if it wasa magazine or a book, but they talked about the warning signs, and that no one would need to excercise that way unless they were going out for the Olympics. Pissed me off so much I threw it across the room. Whenever something makes me angry its probably true

Yeah I think thats why I like Alanis new song "Everything" Love me for all that I am, even the unpretty parts. ODAT Tracy. Its all we got.

Chris
Old 08-04-2004, 04:30 PM   #15  

Michelle- I def. can relate to you, I am a cutter also. I started doing it about 2 months ago, when I was alone(like I always am) in my apartment. I was watching one of those bachelor shows, and I saw all those pretty, skinny women vying for this man. I thought to myself, wow, they must have it all, the looks, the figure, the money, probably a huge social network. It made me more depressed so I took a knife and slashed my arm from left to right until it was covered in blood. Then I had to face everyone at work, and they literally freaked when they saw these huge ten inch gashes on my arm.. I lied and said I was just "clumsy".. What makes it so funny is that I'm a therapist and I tell my patients how to deal with their addictions. Now, I have to live with these scars, which have been re-slashed a couple of more times b/c I felt i shouldn't have ate those pretzels or those carrots. My coworker made a sarcastic comment today and said"Vanessa, do you need help with your cutting?" She was joking about it, and only if she really knew that I do. I can't promise in the future I wont' do it again, but after joining this forum, I feel better that people are going through/went through the same exact thing. I'm going to take one day at a time, thank god that he saved me, and let destiny take it's course.
I hope everyone is doing good and being safe.
Peace
Vanessa
mugirl2003 is offline   Reply With Quote