new today

• Hi my name is Brenda. I am new here and am looking forward to meeting everyone. I am single mom of 5 boys. I have had a weight problem since the birth of my first son. It just got worse with every pregnancy. I have lost 85 pounds in the last 2 years. I currently weigh 207 and I am struggling to get the rest off. I work a full time job managing a resaraunt. My biggest problem is getting motivated to excersize regularly. I do ok on the eating healthy but I know it doesn't work unless you excersize. Any ideas or suggestions would be great. Well I am off to work look forward to hearing from all.
    Brenda
  • HI Brenda,
    Wow, 85 pounds, thats fantastic well done!!

I think the key to exercise is finding something you enjoy doing - that way it isn't a chore. I love swimming and go everyday for half an hour.

If you enjoy it, then it's easy. I hate exercise machines, so only use them if I've hit a plateau to kickstart the weightloss again.
  • Hello Brenda. Congratulations on the 85 pound loss! I agree with Katey, find something you like to do. Hubby and I enjoy walking our dog and riding our bicycles. We couldn't this morning because of weather, but hopefully tomorrow. Try taking stairs instead of elevators, park far away from the store in the parking lot--only if you think it's safe. Anyway good luck and God Bless.
  • Hi Brenda, I'm not all that new here, but have been visiting on and off since 2002. We just got a new computer and retired our web tv, so that meant I needed to reregister because I couldn't use my original username because the system wouldn't accept the change. Anyway welcome, 85 pound loss is fantastic, keep up the good work. My advice is to incorporate exercise in your day by walking as much as possible, When my children was young they used to like to do my exercise tapes with me. We also played alot of baseball and basketball. If you enjoy the exercise you pick you will stick with it. Good Luck, Judy