Weekly Support 7/12-7/18

You're on Page 1 of 8
Go to
  • There was not a new thread started for this week, so I started one.

Here is a place to post and ask questions, for any newbies.

Challenges: Three days of exercise, 1/2 your weight in water ounces, and stay on program, or make good choices for the week.

For motivation, remember, you can do this. Each good decision you make will strengthen you for the next one. Keep in mind that you are worth it, and you will feel so much better about yourself, and just plain FEEL better if you treat your body well, and feed it healthy foods.
  • Good Morning!

I slept the sleep of the dead for most of the night. I feel better this morning, but I am not going to trust that, but take a few ibuprofen to keep the stiff joints at bay. After our late meeting at church, I ate too late, and my tummy feels rather yucky still from it. There really is something to that not eating after 8.

I have someone coming for dinner tonight, so I have to plan and then clean up some. She is a rather structured young woman, and will freak is she sees my house the way it is now.

I will be back later, but its time to go find some coffee!
  • Thanks Monet for stating the board, I couldn't find it.

Felt so so yesterday. Just tired and lathargic. Today is DH's birthday so we went out to eat at Outback. Didn't even want to go or eat, but of course I did both. I am wondering just how much food one can put in a body when nothing comes out. Gross I know. But gee. This is horrible. I guess I should just buy stock in citrate magnesium. My knees started hurting yesterday afternoon, but nothing like before. Of course bedtime is the worse. DH is snoring away, I can't fall asleep, so all you do is lay there and think about the pain. I got up and got a Vicadon and went to sleep. Was pretty drowsy when he left for work at 5:00 and didn't even wish him a happy birthday or fix his lunch.But today is better so far so that is good. Bf was special K and fiber one mixed and strawberries. My tongue feels funny, started the pill so hopefully I won't get thrush again. Everything just tastes so bad or not at all.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

We really need to find a way to keep this board going, it is my lifeline.

Monet, glad your party went so well. I bet Tom is happy. I have Nextel. I like it.

Sef I'm glad you and Monet are keeping this going, but we do need to do something quickly or we will lose it.

Bob, I hate to hear Cathyis moving to WS b/c I was hoping to get to meete with you when you came to Lou to visit. Any ideas on what to do for the board. We really need to get Deb back here. Maybe if we tell her it is folding, she will come back.

Goof, you are doing great. Contrats on the 2 lbs. Hang in there, it comes off.

Have a great OP day. I will be back later.

Jackie
  • Monet - Thank you for starting the Board. Deb's computer is still out of commission, and I was housesitting and not at home- she reminded me to do it, but as always, I fell asleep and forgot...remembered on the way to work! I have added some more stuff in the event there are newbies - so I have put in Deb's stuff....

This is the
    SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
    TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
    WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
    THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
    FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/for....php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
    THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
    THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
    MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
    MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
    SB 2002 BIO BOARD
    SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/for....php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sho...8702#post618702

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/for....php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

NH this morning and then PT.

BOB: It has been bothering me too that this Board may close down. Maybe a mass e-mailing to everyone apprising them of the fact that it could be shut down. There have been so many good things that have come from here, the various get-togethers and friendships formed. Maybe we need reminding of that. We all have to keep posting on a regular basis.

MONET: Let's hope the vacationers check in when they get home! Thanks for starting the Board this morning. Company comes to see you, not your house. I'm sure it's not that messy. You are the hostess with the mostest.

JACKK: So sorry you are feeling bad. I want to reach out and help. I'm sure you DH understands. Can only pray for you.

TRANQUIL: Thanks for adding to the Board.

Have to leave for NH, see you later.

This MM is not weight related but maybe attitude...............

Lovely Rose at 87

The first day of school our professor introduced himself and challenged us to get to know someone we didn't already know. I stood up to look around when a gentle hand touched my shoulder.

I turned around to find a wrinkled, little old lady beaming up at me with a smile that lit up her entire being. She said, "Hi handsome. My name is Rose. I'm eighty-seven years old. Can I give you a hug?"

I laughed and enthusiastically responded, "Of course you may!" and she gave me a giant squeeze.
    "Why are you in college at such a young, innocent age?" I asked.
    She jokingly replied, "I'm here to meet a rich husband, get married, and have a couple of kids..."

"No seriously," I asked... I was curious what may have motivated her to be taking on this challenge at her age.

"I always dreamed of having a college education and now I'm getting one!" she told me.

After class we walked to the student union building and shared a chocolate milkshake.

We became instant friends. Every day for the next three months we would leave class together and talk nonstop. I was always mesmerized listening to this "time machine" as she shared her wisdom and experience with me.

Over the course of the year, Rose became a campus icon and she easily made friends wherever she went. She loved to dress up and she reveled in the attention bestowed upon
    her from the other students. She was living it up.
    At the end of the semester we invited Rose to speak at our football banquet. I'll never forget what she taught us. She was introduced and stepped up to the podium. As she began to deliver her prepared speech, she dropped her three by five cards on the floor. Frustrated and a little embarrassed she leaned into the microphone and simply said, "I'm sorry I'm so jittery. I gave up beer for Lent and this whiskey is killing me! I'll never get my speech back in order so let me just tell you what I know."

As we laughed she cleared her throat and began, "We do not stop playing because we are old; we grow old because we stop playing. There are only four secrets to staying young, being happy, and achieving success. You have to laugh and find humor every day. You've got to have a dream. When you lose your dreams, you die. We have so many people walking around who are dead and don't even know it!
    There is a huge difference between growing older and growing up. If you are nineteen years old and lie in bed for one full year and don't do one productive thing, you will turn twenty years old. If I am eighty-seven years old and stay in bed for a year and never do anything I will turn eighty-eight.
    Anybody can grow older. That doesn't take any talent or ability. The idea is to grow up by always finding opportunity in change. Have no regrets. The elderly usually don't have regrets for what we did, but rather for things we did not do. The only people who fear death are those with regrets."

She concluded her speech by courageously singing "The Rose." She challenged each of us to study the lyrics and live them out in our daily lives.
    At the year's end Rose finished the college degree she had begun all those years ago.

One week after graduation Rose died peacefully in her sleep.

Over two thousand college students attended her funeral in tribute to the wonderful woman who taught by example that it's never too late to be all you can possibly be.

When you finish reading this, please send this peaceful word of advice to your friends and family, they'll really enjoy it!

These words have been passed along in loving memory of ROSE.
    REMEMBER, GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY. GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL.
    We make a Living by what we get, We make a Life by what we give.

God promises a safe landing, not a calm passage. If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

May good things happen
    Shirley
  • Good morning
    Thank you Monet for starting the board. And thank you Tranquil for adding the stuff for the newbies. My baby moved out this weekend. I think it was a little harder than when her brother moved out. She and I are very close. I still have 3 at home so life will still be very full. *smile*

Eating was decent. The scales still bite...LOL I'm at 159.5 I'm praying I can get it together and quit going the wrong direction.

Jack-K...you are doing so good with all that you are going through. Praying your mouth doesn't mess up this time.

Bob...Sef...((hugzz))

(((Everybody)))

I need to feed this crew but I wanted to stop in and let ya'll know I'm here and this board is special to me. I hope ya'll keep hanging in there.

Love,
    Crystle
  • Good Morning Strangers:

I haven't been able to catch up on posts, but wanted to check in and say hello.

We were on the road home for 16 hours on Wed & 15 hours on Thurs. Friday was catch-up day with unpacking, endless piles of laundry, cleaning up the house, etc... Yesterday was Lane's 2nd birthday, so I was up until midnight making her "requested" Minnie Mouse cake Saturday; it turned out cute. She also spiked a 104.5 fever on Saturday evening, so I was up every hour or two checking in on her. She doesn't have any other symptoms, and the fever is almost gone, so I guess it was some viral deal. Britt has a bit of a cough this morning too....at least we're home!

I am happy to report that I did not gain any weight on this trip (much to my surprise). I was 119.5#'s yesterday and 120# this morning. May I add that I am totally shocked. Among some of the food I indulged in.....birthday cake, biscuits & gravy, popcorn, ice cream, lots of French Fries, frozen lemonade....shall I go on? BUT, I was also good about my eating when I could be i.e; fish with extra veggies & no rice, with a salad, and I also got salads for dinners & lunches when I could. The last day on the road, I had a toaster sandwich from Sonic and a Fish Filet from McDonald's for lunch. I was shocked when I got on the scale....I exptected to have gained 3-4 pounds. I guess my metabolism is in a good place right now. We also did a ton of walking. We spent 13 hours at Busch Gardens walking around that park; I am sure I burned more than I ate that day.

Anyway...all in all it was a fantastic trip; I'll add little bits & pieces as I remember them or think of them.

I thought of you all, and am glad to be back.

I'll check in a bit later. I'm going to try to get some exercise in while Lane gets her nap pretty soon.

Have a great day!!!
    Nat
  • Howdy everyone... Had to run out of here this morning so didn't get to post.. Had a great week end. Went to Outback for my birthday and it was just yummy. We got home yesterday afternoon. Now to get back on track again. I'm trying hard to get my water in today. Hopefully this week I can get some more vegetables in. I sure need to. Sure am worried about the board closing. It means so much and I've learned allot. Plus I would miss you ladies. Where is everyone? Time to make DH lunch...
  • Had a minute and thought I would check in. Getting really tired as the day goes on.

Sef, Prayers work wonders. Keep them coming. I loved your MM. So very true.

Tranquil, You are forgiven. We are all busy. Have a great day.

Toni, glad you had a nice time this weekend.

Pancho, so glad you are home and had a great time. Wow you are amazing. No wt gain. You are my idol. I know now that you are home, the board will pick up. Hope Lane is feeling better.

Country, it doesn't matter if it is the first or last or inbetween, it is hard when they leave (ususally). I pray it makes you even closer.

Have a great evening all.
  • Hi everyone! Just a quick fly by. I have been so lazy today! I need to run to the post office, but will be back later. I also need to go by and pick up my prescription since I am out of it and I don't need to not take it, even one day.

I will check in later!

• Good afternoon.
    Twice in one day..don't faint...*smile* If number of post will keep us up and running I'll be popping in two or three times a day. The really good news is I actually have some thing to talk about...LOL My baby just called me. She is on her way home from work. We've talked twice today. You'd think she has been a week and not less than 24 hours. She didn't sleep well her first night away. I told her she will get use to the new place soon. Her fiance is a real sweet heart and is making this move as easy as possible on her. I rarely share my menu because I'm a terrible eater but here is today's so far...

Breakfast-three sugar free cookies and a tons of bites of Roberts grapenuts *smile*

Lunch--some tuna and saltines...hmmm about 4 or 5 I guess.

No telling what super will be or what I might scarf between now and then.

Water has been slight. That is something I REALLY need to work on.

WELCOME to the new member! Forgive me for forgetting your name I didn't take notes like I should have this morning.

Welcome back Pancho!

Jack-K...thank you.

Well off to create a few stationery before I have to get back to chores. Today is clean the sty day.

Love and hugs,
    Crystle
  • Newbie here
    Hi - I guess I'm the newbie on the block! lol! I've been using SB as my way of eating for 2 weeks now. I've only lost 4 lbs., but I haven't cheated once. My exercise has been limited due to inclement weather and a "bo bo" on my foot - lol! It's actually what I think is a bone spur, so....

I usually eat legal cereal or oatmeal for b'fast (eggs/can. bacon maybe once every 7-8 days) - usually don't have a morning snack as I'm not hungry (if I do, it's fruit or a few nuts). Lunch varies, but is always legal (with lean protein, lots of veggies, and usually 1 piece of WW bread); afternoon snack is usually fruit. Dinner is lean meat, lots of veggies, and sometimes 1/2 a small baked sweet potato or WW pasta. I need to lose a total of 30 lbs. I eaten SF ice cream prob. twice in 2 weeks and I had one SF chocolate mint in 2 weeks. I usually exercise 3-4 days a week - I've only been able to exercise 3-4 times in the past 2 weeks, tho.

I am so glad to find you all! What a blessing!
  • HiedieHo Everyone!

Did my things today. Developed a so took some meds and a nap. Fortunately they worked.

COUNTRY: I remember when my first flew out of the nest. I was devastated. The second was much easier, even though that meant we had an empty nest. Try using colons : when you type words for a picture punctuation or animation. A colon :, and a right side of a paranthesis ) will give you a smile . Not trying to be bossy or critical. Glad your baby called, hard for them to go through separation.

PANCHO: welcome back. YOU WERE MISSED!!! Would love to hear about your vacation. And to not gain is wonderful! Glad Lane's fever didn't selvelop into anything serious.

TONI: We are all worried about the Board. If you know some of the wayward sheep. Please send them a reminder. We miss them. Did you get in your water? I didn't.

JACKK: I will keep you in my prayers don't worry. Rest up, meeting our needs is not a sign of weakness but of wisdom.

MONET: Glad you flew by! Hate to take pills but know what happens if I miss one, so get that prescription filled!

MADISON: WELCOME!!! Another Louisianian! I'm from Slidell. We also have Thibadoux, New Orleans, Abbeville and Jena. So you are in good company. ONLY 4#!?! Tsk Tsk, around here it's never ONLY! You should be proud of that four pounds. We all lose at different rates. I would throw in some protein for breakfast too. Are you drinking? Water, I mean Water helps flush out your system. For the first day or so you will be a regular visitor to the Porcelain Goddess, but then it levels off.......eithwer that or we get used to our visits and don't notice them so much. This is a great Board for answering your questions. We love to share recipes, new products etc.

Gotta go. I slept so long and didn't realize it was so late. Had no supper and my stomach is growling! Took my regular pills which means I have to eat something. There goes the never eat at night rule

Don't know if I will check in tonight again but will definitely see you all tomorrow.

May good things happen
    Shirley
  • Evening!

My co-leader came by tonight for dinner and we planned the big vision Sunday stuff for church. I love working with her...she is very structured and detail oriented, and I am the people recruiter type, so we work really well together, since she is quiet and shy, and I am a dunce with details!

Laura showed up with two friends in tow and a third on the way. They swam and generally made a nuisance of themselves before they took off to see a movie. Ruth and Erik came by and swam and used the grill to fix steaks for dinner, and eat up my groceries.

I had spaghetti with meat sauce, steamed green beans and sliced cucumbers for dinner. The green beans and the cukes were from my garden. Yum!

I have done ok on water today, but eating was a bit off. I ate some corn chips with cheese at lunch. Breakfast was Cheerios, so I had too many starches.

The doctor finally called with the rest of my lab results, and the insulin is back up again. I need to be really careful now for a while and try and get it back down. I may avoid any starches for a few weeks, to see if that will help.

SEF: I got the prescriptions! Tom will pick up my thyroid meds from the apothecary tomorrow too. How's the shoulder doing?

MADISON: Welcome! We are so glad you joined us! This is a great group- a big bunch of losers here! Jump right in! And another southerner! That is awesome! Are you an LSU fan by any chance? Fruitlope is going to love it if you are!

COUNTRY: Twice in one day! Way to go! I hope you are adjusting to having one of your babies gone. I only have one left and she is talking about moving in to an apartment with her brother in the late fall. I don't think she is ready, but I can't tell her that, or she will get really mad! 18 years is a really hard age to deal with!

JACK: Get plenty of rest, my friend! You deserve it! Hope you are feeling better tomorrow.

TONI: I am glad you had a good time for your birthday! What did you get at Outback? I love that place!

PANCHO: Welcome back! I hope everyone is healthy and well at your house! Tell us all about the vacation! Did you go through Atlanta? If you did, I am going to cry! Did you have good weather? Did they kids behave in the car, or drive you nuts? Inquiring minds want to know!

BOB: Where are you?

Time for Monet to crawl into the bed and get some shut eye! Sweet dreams!
  • Good evening
    Howdy ya'll! Super was stealing a few nachos off the kids plates and then having a bout a 1/4 cup guacamole. I LOVE the stuff. Snack was a few sourdough pretzels and a sf fudge pop. Talked to my baby two more times since I posted earlier. She calls me more now than when she lived here.

WELCOME Maidison! WTG on the 4 pounds. I love this way of eating even though I've been a bit off the last couple of months. My fault not the plan. I've been eating this way for about 3 1/2 years.

Thank you Sef..you aren' bossy at all. I just type that goofy smile out of habit. I typed it for years and when I rush I just type it in.

Monet...I hear ya. Britt is my second to fly the coop. She is a bit young still but has a good head on her shoulders. Plus mama aint far away...LOL

Love and hugs,
    Crystle