OK, what food do you *HAVE* to have?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • There is a discussion in another thread about tailoring this program to suit your tastes and needs once you are out of Phase 1 and comfortable with how it works. That got me thinking - Is there a food or beverage that you just have to have no matter what? Something that you just can't live without?

For me, it's flavored coffee creamer. I just gotta have it. I have 2 coffees on weekdays, one in the morning and one after dinner, and sometimes I have even more on the weekends. It's the one thing that I just can't give up. They do have low carb now but they're still loaded with crap.

How about ya'll? Any weaknesses like mine?
  • I have to have a cup of caffeinated coffee first thing in the morning. Some things I read say to limit it and some things say to cut it out altogether but I can now drink it with skim milk. I also have eaten fruit yogurt all the way through cause I can't give it up. I found a brand that uses artificial sweetener so is lower in carbs than ricotta and much lower in fat.
  • Oh, and please note that this thread is in no way saying that it's OK to eat/drink these products just because some of us do and still manage to lose. LOL, be stronger than us!!
  • Wine!
  • LOL - the wino that I know
  • French Vanilla Latte or Irish Cream Latte.
  • Ruth I second that emotion!
  • I know it will never be allowed, but I miss my sticky white rice with dinner. *sigh* I am worried that my love affair with rice will be my downfall...
  • Wine me too
  • Hmmm...I don't really have one thats not OP lol, I can't live without my braeburn apples Yumm!!!!

Michelle
  • It's gotta be dark chocolate....or maybe wine. It's a tossup, I guess!

Michelle, no wonder you're doing so well--apples! I love 'em, especially being from Washington State--but honestly!

Jojo
  • Diet pepsi, the caffeinated kind. I can't give it up. I love it. I drink close to 2 liters a day. Could be what is stalling me but I am willing to wait.
  • I can't give up my salmon.. I love salmon.... Salmon is good omega food also...

• Coffee. And an occasional Corona on the verandah with my DH and a slice of lime.
  • Jojo - Its funny about me, I found out that if I keep eating good and healthy then I have less gastrointestinal distress, when before I went on sbd if I would eat chocolate or high fat foods omg my guts would just twist in pain, not any more!! So its a motivation for me to stay "clean"
    Michelle