Food Shopping

• Holy crapoli! I just got back from food shopping. I spent $180!!!!!!!!! I bought toiletries as well as some items for a party I am throwing on Fri -- so it was more like $125 for me. Which is good considering I haven't been shopping in a long, long time.

I went to a store that's a bit further away -- and a bit pricier: Harris Teeter vs. Giant. But boy was it worth it! They label everything that's "low carb" -- of course I still read labels but it was nice to see the signs to point me in the right direction. I found low carb tortillas [only 5g carbs!!!!!] that are delish! I have a lot more choices now that I decided to move to Phase 2 as well. I bought fruit and berries and yogurt and cottage cheese. So many choices!

I am sooooooooo happy. It's so odd. To be happy about good foods? But I am!

I am still amazed how many products there are out there now that are SB/Atkins friendly. I even bought CHOCOLATE MILK!!!

Anyone else get this excited?
  • Yup! I get excited about good foods.....and sex....in that order!
  • I'm with you there, Jenn! When we stock up on groceries, I feel so secure. You'd think we were right in the middle of the depression or something. Maybe for people like you and I, it's a fear of that next dry-run without money. I particularly LOVE having TONS of toilet paper in stock. I hate running around the house searching for left-over napkins from fast-food restaurants.
  • Lol Ellis -- toilet paper, I always have enough of! I'll lend you some next time!

And Ruth -- it's been so long since I've had sex, it's rank is even below clean underwear!

Speaking of which, going to do laundry...
  • We're going shopping today. I'm armed with my list and my supportive DH. It was pretty expensive at first with all the new foods and condiments I got, but lately the food$$ has been tapering off a bit.

Now it seems like most of the foods I'm buying are just like the ones I have always bought for my 18 month old once she started finger foods. I could have learned SouthBeach from her I think.... lol. She loves her veggies.
  • Jenn,

you're post made my mouth water. I cannot wait until I get to start Phase II. Today is day 6 for me.. almost half way done. I can hardly wait. Tomorrow I am going to a kids' birthday party. I hope to find something that is allowed to eat there, don't want to start Phase I all over again..

lisa z.
  • Good going, Jenn! What brand where the WW tortillas you found? I've been working on a package of La Tortilla Factory ones I bought last month in Wisconsin. They're in the freezer, but I only have a couple left and need to get more. Not sure what there might be in our grocery store...

I'm totally with you guys...I feel so much better when the pantry is full! I think I like clean towels even more than clean underwear! Ruth, you give me hope that being married for a long time doesn't mean the end of your sex life!
  • Quote: Ruth, you give me hope that being married for a long time doesn't mean the end of your sex life!
    I'm interested to see how Ruth is going to respond to this.