bicornaute uterus or double uterus

• Does anyone have or know anything about a bicornaute uterus or a double uterus. I was wonderiing if it is hard to become pregnant?
  • Only that I had a freind (she moved away) who had a double uterus and she had two sons, both of whom had occupied the same uterus at different times. She had no trouble getting pregnant. I have no data on this and what the usual fertility is for these women, but she did--her sons would be about 18 and 25, now.

Seems to me if there's a uterus(or more) and ovaries and fallopian tubes that are open, and normal hormonal levels, it shouldn't be a problem. Have you checked with an Obstetrician?
  • Cheryl
    I go see him on Tuesday. I do have a lot of questions to ask him when I do go in. Thanks for the info

Karen
  • No problem, kmabry1234---you're twice the woman the rest of us are!
  • lol what's that suppose to mean
  • I can speak to this. I had a bicornuate uterus. I was told, for many years, that it was a "normal variant", and should not be a concern.

I had two healthy pregnancies, but only after my third child was born three months prematurely was I told that there as a higher incidence of miscarriage with a bicornuate uterus.

He was born 14 years ago, and perhaps more is known now than was known then. I would definitely check with a gynecologist, as well as doing some research on the internet.

Dawna