Question about pastas

• Hi again everyone. Since I know I just can't buy any whole wheat pasta anymore, I need to know if anyone in Canada has used Catelli Healthy Harvest whole wheat or multigrain pastas?

Whole Wheat Pasta Info
    Multigrain Pasta Info

I can't find any ingredient list. I even have a box from awhile ago and its not printed on that either as far as I can see. So I can't see if it has enriched flour in it or now. Does anyone know. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Don't worry, I don't plan on addding this back for awhile.
  • I used Google with the search words and got the following:

Catelli Healthy Harvest Whole Wheat Pasta

Serving Size (85g dry) Amount % Daily Value
    Calories 310 -
    Fat 1.5 g 2 %
    Saturated
    + Trans 0.3 g
    0 g 2 %
    Cholesterol 0 mg -
    Sodium 0 mg 0 %
    Carbohydrate 62 g 21 %
    Fibre 5 g 20 %
    Sugars 4 g -
    Protein 12 g -
    - - -
    Vitamin A - 2 %
    Vitamin C - 0 %
    Calcium - 2 %
    Iron - 25 %
    Thiamine - 40 %
    Riboflavin - 6 %
    Niacin - 20 %
    Folate - 80 %

I use it all the time. It's chewier than the regular but just cook it to al dente.
  • Yeeess!! Thanks Ruth! I used it even before SBD so it won't take me long to get used to it.
  • pasta ingredients

my box says:
    ingredienst:durum whole wheat semolina, thiamine mononitrate,riboflavin,niacin,folic acid, ferrous sulfate

so it is fortified with various b vitamins, folic acid and iron
    and it has no perservatives

and it provides 20% of your daily fibre

good stuff
    gen
  • I've used it. It's edible.

You know what I REALLY like is the homemade pasta from the Italian shop down the street. Lemon linguine... oh, my!
  • I am having some low carb wheat pasta now from Whole Foods [ok, so it's P1 and not P2 like I said I was going to do, but I had nothing in my house that's P1!]

It's edible and dare I say good? Of course, covered in stuff! The brand is Darielle and it has 10 net carbs:

160 calories, 1g fat [0 sat], 8g fiber and 3 sugar -- total of 18 carbs. I heated some spinach and green beans [frozen] used a low carb sauce, Perdue Short Cuts chicken, added some garlic powder and flax seed and with only one serving, have a HUGE meal.