South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 09:29 AM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Talking Rewards?

Hi, all!

What do you guys do to reward yourselves when you reach a goal? I have always rewarded myself for accomplishments with food, and I know I need to get into a new (and better) habit. After reading Holly's webpage (gonzostar), I was inspired to start a charm bracelet, one of the old fashioned ones that have little charms dangling off it.

I looked around the web and found a ton of charms, many of them reflecting either my diet journey (water bottle, numbers for pounds, Chinese characters for health and success, etc.), my faith, my desire to have a baby when I am healthy, and my personal interests (bunnies, books, etc.). I am really excited!

What do you do? When do you give yourself a reward? Too often and it becomes less special, too rarely and it seems impossible to accomplish.
Old 05-21-2004, 09:41 AM   #2  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Can you [and Holly] post links to those bracelets/charms?

I hardly reward myself -- because I did do it with food. I just tell people as my reward I guess.

I should start. Once I hit ONEderland, maybe I can reward myself with a book or something. I didn't so anything for the big 50...
Old 05-21-2004, 02:00 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Great idea for a thread, Laurie.
I'm with you, Jenne. My idea of treating myself is to go upstairs to my attic bedroom with a book, a bag of bridge mixture, and a large bag of chips. The phone must be off, and no one must disturb me. God, I'm getting cravings...

Yes! Please post the link, Laurie! What a cool idea!
Old 05-21-2004, 03:50 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ack! Ellis, that sounds so good! I am definitely used to rewarding myself with food, and I love eating and reading! I am jazzed about these charms, though!

Holly is using the Zoppini/Italian type charms. They are cool!

I decided to get the kind of charm bracelet where the charms hang off the bracelet and make noise. I think the noise will help me focus on the diet! I got a silver charm bracelet, a baby charm, a cross with a vine charm, a disk with praying hands on the front and the Serenity Prayer on the back, and a ballerina charm. The baby will remind me of why I'm doing this in the first place, the cross will remind me that God is helping me make it, the prayer will remind me to take this one day at a time and not expect overnight change, and the ballerina will remind me that one day I will be able to dance again!

I found the following websites by doing a search on www.dogpile.com for "charms" and "bracelet" but not "italian" or "zoppini". You can probably find either using a search engine, but here are the ones I like:
http://www.auntiesbeads.com/Category...6-feff5c5fd1ff (this is where I got my charms and bracelet)
http://www.artbeads.com/
http://www.moonlightcharms.com/
http://www.beadsforeveryone.com/default_home.asp
Old 05-21-2004, 09:40 PM   #5  

Oh, Laurie, thanks so much for the charm links! I started looking for them on the Internet, but had a hard time finding the dangling type. I prefer those, too. I love the tinkling sound, and shiny things really do something for me.
I have a beautiful heavy silver charm bracelet that my Grandfather gave me as a child, but it's been sitting in my safety deposit box for about 15 years. I'm so afraid of losing it. I'll die, and they'll find it still sitting there.
No matter... I want one that I can wear everyday. I love your choices.

You know, Laurie, I have a heck of a time concentrating on my book when I don't have the hand to mouth motion going on. Maybe I should start smoking.

Jenne, you're so close to Onederland!!
Old 05-21-2004, 09:56 PM   #6  

I love the one that says, "Don't do drugs". hahahahahahahahaha!
Old 05-21-2004, 10:17 PM   #7  

Oh my gosh! Didja see the food ones? They've got hamburgers and pizza and ice cream...
Hmmm... some of them are quite bizarre. In the gardening section, there's a potato. Who the heck would hang a potato from their wrist?
Oh for frigs sakes. An iron and a vacuum cleaner?! I DON'T THINK SO!!
This is so cool... I want them all!
Old 05-21-2004, 10:27 PM   #8  
RNMOM

Default reward ideas

I have been buying clothes. I also reward myself with a pedicure, I actually have toes! It's nice to see them again.

I also do dermabrasion and laser for one of the docs in town. Dermabrasion makes your skin look so good. Only takes about 20 minutes and wow, the laser is for unwanted hair removal. I've been doing bikini line (maybe that's too much info) sorry. I don't own a bikini but it's fun to pretend.

Do something cosmetic or totally selfish for yourself. Buy a CD, go tanning, get a new haircut, anything that will add to your self esteem and give you a boost for the journey you're taking to a healthier bod.

Ellis, if you don't stop talking about the bridge mix I might have an episode! I love bridge mix!
Old 05-21-2004, 10:56 PM   #9  

Sorry, RNMom.
Is the dermabrasion expensive?
Old 05-22-2004, 07:54 AM   #10  

What's bridge mix?
Old 05-22-2004, 07:58 AM   #11  

It's an assortment of filled chocolates in a bag. Mint, fudge, orange, jelly, peanuts and raisins, etc. It's something that old women put in little bowls and set around the table while they play bridge. Only half the contents of the bag is edible, in my opinion.
Old 05-23-2004, 01:02 AM   #12  

Well, I suppose my first reward will be being able to go to Vegas 15 pounds lighter than when I started... And maybe buying some jeans in a smaller size to come with me
Old 05-23-2004, 01:53 AM   #13  

and you can eat bridge mix on south beach?

these charms may be addictive...I may not go to the sites!
Old 05-23-2004, 07:48 AM   #14  

No, Jenn. You CAN'T eat it. It's one of my downfalls. That and chips. Doritos. Spicy, Cool Ranch... you know.
Old 05-23-2004, 12:04 PM   #15  

Oh I know ellis -- Doritos and BBQ chips were my downfall. Come to think of it, I have not had either since May 3!
Closed Thread