What is Curves??

• Hello All! I havnt posted on this thread before....Im usually at the 100# Club or WW threads. Any hoo, Ive seen the commercials, and Ive read some of your posts here about Curves, but its isnt really clear to me. Is Curves just a gym, or do they have a nutritional plan? I was curious sice so many of you have had such a good experience there. Thanks for any info! Amy Jo
  • Curves is an all women gym... It is like circuit training with hydrolic machines done in 30 second intervals with "recovery stations" in between each machine...30 seconds on a machine, 30 seconds jogging in place or whatever you feel like on the recovery station...for a 30 minute workout. It is a great place, I love going there! They do have nutrional supplements and protein shakes and even a diet plan you can follow if you choose...it is all outlined in the member guide... Right now my Curves is running a "Curves 6 week Challenge" which my sister is doing... She has lost 5 lbs in just about 1.5 weeks... I hope this helps! Have a great day!
  • Thanks for the info Jenn, I really appreciate it! I think I'll stop and check it out the next time im in town. Thanks again! Amy Jo
  • Not a problem Amy! When you go in, it may be to your advantage to ask if they have any enrollment specials coming up... Often times when a new gym opens they waive the enrollment fee for a month so if you sign up there and transfer your membership to the one nearest you, you can save $149.00...Also some of the gyms just run specials every so often, like half off the enrollment fee or a food drive where if you bring a bag of non-parishable food they will waive the fee altogether! (This is what I did, being 22 with just an admin job it helps if you can save $149!)

Best of luck to you!
  • I'm going to Curves tomorrow and would like to know what to expect pricewise. What is the start-up fee and how are the month-to-month memberships?
  • I go to curves and mine does not have a diet plan. They told us if we wanted to go to the diet class we'd have to go to another location. I really like it there although I'm starting to feel like I'm outgrowing the workouts.

Also I had an injury at curves andI felt the people working at my location didn't really help you with your workouts and just sat in the front by the door.