MaY WaLkErS

You're on Page 7 of 9
Go to
  • Thanks ladies for the warm welcome!

I decided to get started this morning by walking to the store to get some milk and a pedometer. On the way home I discovered it's a 3/4mi walk to the store. So, I was able to get in a 1 1/2 mi. Not a bad start, but I definately want to improve. I'm hoping to meet up with a friend after dinner and we can walk a little more. It's seems like the blocks tend to speed by faster when we get together and chat.

Lynne- That's awesome! Keep up the hard work.

Sunny- Hope you have a good time tonight!

Michelle- Wow, 5 miles! Girl, you're a machine!

Kristi- If you can resist a kitchen full of freshly baked chocolate cookies. You are the Queen of will power. I actually didn't think that could be possible.

Sheila- You're inspiring me to step it up too! I hope the weather is nice for ya this weekend.

I've got to get dinner cooking before my husband gets home for lunch.

Love ya chickies!
  • Good Morning

Thanks for the kind words, I feel pretty proud of myself for getting into ONEderland, now I just have to stay there!

Welcome cutsiebuttons to our thread, you'll find lots of support here and some really great gals.

I did another 2 miles today, we're forecast for a hot day here so I'm probably not going to be able to get into the garden until tonight.

Will ttyl .
  • Cutsie-Way to go on getting 1.5 miles done and behind you!!

Lynne - woohooo 2 miles!!! Keep it up girl!

Well I never did get another walk in last night cuz I sat down to watch school of rock with hubby and then my 2 yo wanted to dance with me afterwards and it was pretty vigorous so I figure thats a good little workout.

I'm planning 2 miles for as soon as I get up off my butt lol. I will ttyl!!

Michelle
  • Yippee for all of us!! We are all just rockin'!! The miles are adding up and the pounds are counting down. Woohoo! It's been thundering and lightning all morning again and I've just been dying to get on here. I finally got brave and weighed today after two weeks. I'm down 4 pounds. I'm so excited. So far I've resisted having a "special treat" to reward myself lol. I finally got almost all my garden in last night. I must not have been paying very close attention in the green house. I have 6 cherry tomato plants. One is enough for any family. I think I'm going to make the kids care for them and then they can sell them by the pint. Keeping 1/2 the money and giving the other 1/2 to the local food pantry or something. Well, I have loads of housework to get done.
    Have a great day everybody

almost forgot 3 miles for today

Kristi

MaY MiLeS : 44
  • Good Morning Gals ~
    I went to Curves this morning for my weigh-in and measure... all I lost in inches from last month was a quarter inch in my hips... and my weight is still 195 (down 21lbs all together). I am not disappointed, I just have to keep on truckin' and increase my workouts a little bit. I think I am puffy from the water I am holding (even thought I drink tons of water in a day ~ over 100oz ) - it is very muggy here and hot! Not complaining 'bout the weather, mind you... but it is a reason for holding water. So I really think that my next Curves weigh and measure will be much better and look forward to next month. I did go down a bit in body fat --- from 41.40% to 40.80% --- down 1.19lbs in fat. I know it will be a better result next month cuz I am just gonna work harder!

Hi JENNIFER ~
    Thanks! Joe & I always have a good time We left the house at 7pm and stopped over to the SIL's to drop off a computer program and ended up visiting for an hour; then when we got to the Wal-Mart I bumped into one of the workers from my Curves and spent another 45min chatting with her, so by the time we finished shopping and got home it was almost 10pm What an evening... but it was nice! And I got all I needed, well... almost... they didn't have my hair color I wanted to color my hair again - I always feel better after I do it. It comes out so pretty. Oh well... I'll get a box this weekend and do it later.

Hi KRISTI ~
    WoW! 44miles - everytime I get somewhat close you pull away
    GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!! DOWN 4#'s - awesome job!

Hi MICHELLE ~
    And YOU!!!! I'll never get close
    55miles... You go girl

Hi SHEILA ~
    Hope that the weather cooperates with you so you are able to get a few in... I usually go to the park with the hubby and walk at least 3miles, but the last two Sat. it has rained here and we weren't able to go, so I too hope it's nice enough for us to go this Sat.

Hi LYNNE ~
    It finally stopped raining here, we had quite a loud storm during the night - it woke me at 2:30 this morning... it is so muggy! Hope the humidity goes down soon, so I can get out into my gardens. I work in the evenings when it's muggy like this.

*~*~*

Haven't walked yet today... so I'll be back when I do

Later...
    Me <><

• KRISTI ~
    I was just looking over your sig. stats again - you are only 8#'s away from your GOAL (!) now -
    IS that AWESOME or WHATTTTT!!!!!
    You went from the 140's to 130's -
    BRAVO !!!

Me <><
  • Kristi - 8 lbs to Goallllll!!!!! I 'm soooo happy for you you are getting so close Keep it up girl!!

Sunny - hey girl 1/4 inch is a quarter inch don't discount that at all you are doing great and working so hard! I'm sooo happy for you as well!! I can't wait til I'm where you are at now!! only 28 lbs til I get to onederland lol but thats not official until my Weigh in on Sunday!! But I'm very excited.

Lynne - How's it going girly? Feeling better?

I did 2 miles today, I'm slowing it down a bit this week so I don't get my body sooo used to the workouts that they become inefficient but tomorrow I'm going to have a 4 or 5 mile walk

Well its been rainy here all day and the kids are so antsy therefore driving me absolutely batty lol. But they've calmed down since they had a power nap thank god!!
    Ok I better get off here!
    TTYL
    Michelle

• Good Saturday Morning Gals ~

I never did walk yesterday... I didn't feel very well after I got home from my Curves. I guess I was fooling myself thinking that I wasn't disappointed in the results after working so hard on my exercsie and diet. I am feeling a little better today. I am hoping to get to the park today for a walk - in between the raindrops

*~*~*

Thanks MICHELLE ~
    For trying to make me feel better... you are kind and it did help I will not give up - I have come too far, but I did need to take a rest day yesterday. Cheering you on in reaching *One*derland!! You too are working so very hard!!

*~*~*

I just thought I may share some pictures: 1 of the Arbor that Joe put together for me And 1 of my Lilac Trees in the back of our place ~
    see the small window? That's my bathroom leading into our bedroom, that beautiful scent fills our rooms from that lilac tree every Spring. Just wish it would last longer The now empty garden behind our shed (to the right of the trees in the pic) is where our veggies will go Our humble garden...

Just click on the titles to see the pictures

*Have a Wonderful Couple of Days Everyone!*

SunnyD <><

• Sunny - That arbor is absolutely gorgeous!! I want one now!!! you have such a lush yard, ours always stays green and mowed and we have rock beds around the big tree in the front yard and rockbeds against the house and tulips along the fence line but thats it! I just can't wait til I can do more out there I'm just gonna have to wait til the girls are older cuz they are too young for me to leave inside or unattended lol.

I probably won't walk today, I woke up not feeling too good and was woken up by the people who rent the house next door screaming and fighting with eachother, had to call the cops for the 3rd time in a week and a half!! Ughhhh I am going to find out who the owner is so I can call him and talk to them about the problems with their tennants.

Ok my girls are screaming at me I better get off here I will talk to you guys later!
    Michelle
  • Hi Sunny and Michelle, I'm sorry to seem unsupporting. The weather here yesterday was so bad I had two posts get lost. My children even had to go in the tornado safe areas of the school. My garden I was so happy to get planted Wed. looks like a sm pond and so does my basement!!! We got no sleep last night. Our sump pump quit working at 11pm. We own a gas station, convenience store, feed and farm supply store. We knew there was another pump in one of the under grounds gas tanks so DH and I were out in the rain with flashlights trying to find it. Long story short my FIL had taken it out. It was just in the shop right by the car hoist!!!! Only problem, it's a pump with no float so you have to manually turn it on and off. Every hr. on the hr all night and so far today to stay ahead of it. Two roads out of our area are flooded over. The big but though is, we're allright. No actual tornado touched down or anything like that. I'm just thinking maybe God is trying to save me all the stress of having to can at the same time Sun school, scouts, soccer, school, etc starts lol The sun is shining beautifully right now, but they're calling for more rain tonight. Soooo, Sunny don't get down on yourself. Your sticking to the plan and working really hard. We always hit plateaus, but with the effort your putting out you will soon surpass it. You're healthier and feeling loads better and if anyone deserves it it's you!!
    Michelle, You deserve a down day as well girl!!! You've racked up so many miles I can't believe something isn't aching!! So, sorry to hear you have annoying neighbors. That must be awful especially if your girls can hear as well. I'll pray that tonight is better.
    Take care and have a great weekend!
    put me down for 2 miles

Kristi

MaY MiLeS : 46
  • Oh my goodness kristi!! I can't believe you are being flooded!! I'll say a prayer for your family that you get through it all ok

Another day of no walking for me I am still sick as a dog and can't hardly move and I get dizzy when I stand up so I'm just stuck in bed!! I hope you ladies are having a good weekend, hopefully I can get a walk in tomorrow, who knows maybe i'll atleast try to do a mile but I can't say for sure.

Have a great Sunday!
    Michelle
  • Good Morning

Michelle - I hope you are feeling better.

Kristi - wow you are really getting some bad weather, I'll keep you in my thoughts and say a prayer for you.

SunnyD - don't feel down! you are doing great and you have lost 21 lbs, which is awesome. Keep going, I know you can do it. You're such a warm force on this board I hate to see you down.

I did another 2 miles today and had a very busy weekend. Saturday we met some friends for lunch then went to an antique furniture auction which was really entertaining. Sunday was spent in the garden weeding and putting up frames for the tomatoes and peas. I'm weeding again today hopefully too, plus have housework so it's going to be a busy day I think!

Friday I am set to take my written driving test *gulp* so I also need to go over the study book one more time.

Well, got to go, I will probably check in again tomorrow. Have a great Monday everyone .
  • Hi ladies!

This weekend was very busy but I did manage to walk 4 miles in the last 3 days. My husband also LOVES to rollerblade and I've always wanted to try to learn but, I could never justify picking up rollerblades for myself. Friday, he bought me a just because present and they were rollerblades! He said that he thought I'd enjoy learning and excersing with him. Well, I had my first lesson after church Sunday and it was a riot! I finally got the hang of it and fortunately never fell down. Ohhh my goodness, does it work by hips and thighs- I'm definately feeling it this morning.

Sunny D- I loved the pictures of the arbor and the lilac tree. They're beautiful! I also think you're doing a great job and have made so much progress. I will be praying for you, I know God will help you get through this plateau.

Kristi- How's your home? Did everything turn out ok? We've never had a tornato here in Oregon, just LOTS of rain. I hope you and your family are doing well. You will be be in my prayers.

Michelle- I hope you're feeling better. You're such a hard worker! I hope that you were able to get rested and refreshed this weekend.

Lynne- Your garden sounds like it's going to be beautiful. I've always wanted a vegetable garden but I live in an apartment, so it's not really an option. Good luck on your test on Friday!

• Good Afternoon Gals ~
    I am so sorry that I cannot post individually right now - the hubby is due home at any moment (he called). But just in case I am not able to come back later I wanted to post my miles for today. I got in another 2.5miles

Thank you all so much for the support! You just don't know how much it means to me!!!!!! I really got to feeling low, but your kind & encouraging words brought me back into perspective and I am back on track again today.

*THANK YOU ~ THANK YOU ~ THANK YOU*

I will try to come by this evening - but if I am not able I WILL catch up with you all tomorrow after I get home from my Curves class.

Luvs,
    SunnyD <><

EDIT: I don't seem to be able to add I added wrong and shorted myself a mile --- 42miles not 41
    MaY MiLeS: 42.0

• 2 miles for me today!! I was feeling so lazy for not doing any walking the last 2 days because I was sick so it felt really good to get some exercise in!!

Its late and I should go to bed, I hope you all had a wonderful Monday!

Michelle