Update on Noodles

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi everyone...

Noodles asked me to post an update on her eye surgery.

It went very well but she was pretty sick yesterday from the ansthesia, not to mention one bad headache.

She is recovering at home and will be back soon.

Mauvaisroux
  • Feel better soon, Noodles!

Mel
  • >>As close to a rat as I could get with the smileys.

Thinking about you and hope you are doing better. --Pookie
  • Noodles, get well soon, sweetie!
  • Go Noodles!
  • Hope all is well with you, Noodles...have your family wait on you hand and foot for at least two weeks!
  • Wishing you a quick recover. talk to you soon i hope.
  • Hi All...

Just a quick update from yours truly...I can't stay on here long cause I start to get those freaking headaches. Eyes are adjusting and get mad at me after a while if I do too much. Bah!

First of all thank you for all of the warm thoughts and fuzzies!!! It means alot to me. Really.

I am doing o.k. Monday was very hard for me. I had a reaction to the ansthesia and was nauseated for about 24 hours. I couldn't hardly eat. Lived off crackers and cherry 7-Up. The only time the room wasn't spinning was when I was in bed. hahaha... The doctor did an EXCELLENT job. My double vision is gone!! It's amazing...after all of these years to be able to see single again. When I came too, I had this compress on me and I had to take it off and "peek" to see what things looked like...I started crying. The good cry of course because I could see. I guess I gave the nurses and doc a singing lesson while coming out of it...I was singing to my rat Stubs & 8-Ball, singing to the cat, singing in general. The nurse asked my husband "Whos Muff? Stubs?? 8?? She keeps singing about it." "Oh that's her rats." "A RAT?!" The other nurse working with the other patient goes "Oohhhhh rats!! Great pets!!" Haha I remember that part!!

I started to get sick right after that. Ugh...felt like someone kicked me in the stomach. Then they sent me home. I was like huh?! I cant even see straight and I get go to home?? But that was fine with me. I rather be sick at home..I can get more sleep there. My aunt was with us...she asked hubby to give him a ride to her car cause she parked on the other side of the hosptial. Oh man...he drove around for about 10 minutes...stopping...going...stopping..going..caus e she wasn't sure where it was.. and each time he did that I'm getting sicker..and sicker.. and moaning and groaning... I wanted to curl up in a little ball and barf!! So he finally said I have to get her home, I'll drop you off here close to the parking lot and hopefully it isnt too far off. Phew! Then the drive home took an hour cause it was rush hour traffic. More..stop..go..stop..go..not to mention exhaust fumes!! I felt like I just got off of that spinning ride at carnivals when we finally got home. In the bed I went!!

Yesterday I did good!! Today...eh... the nausea is back but not as bad. Eyes are really dry and bloody but that's to be expected. I look worse than I feel. About 100X worse. I can feel the stitches but it's not that bad!! I would do it again in a heartbeat. All of that worry for nothing! I do get headaches after a while but thats normal too. I have been taking all of the "eye vitamins" and eating right to help them heal. I'm working on a jigsaw puzzle too. Helps with the eye/hand/brain coodination thing.

The kid is being a lil brat!! She is very good when hubby is around, but today he had to run to work and oh boy..she is being a pill! Testy..throwing fits cause I wanted to check her homework that she lied and didnt do, stuff like that. I told her go to your room. I am not about to deal with a whiny kid..let him do it. hahahaha

Anyhow, that's it for now. I'll try to pop in here and there but I don't think I will be back up to par for my 50 posts-a-day for a while. hehehe..1 or 2 I can handle though. **hugs**

Miss All of ya!!!
  • Noodles I am thinking of you......
  • Glad your recovery is going well Noodles!
  • I'm glad every that your eye surgery is behind you. I hope that you have a speedy recovery!! Take care.Irish
  • So glad you're doing well, Noodles!
  • glad to hear you are on the mend.
  • Glad you're doing well, Noodles!
  • When I came out of anesthsia the first time, I socked the nurse in the jaw.... They actually put me under again because I was fighting so much. The second time I came out, I was high as a kite and loving everything. Glad things are going well!