*~* Easter Challenge: Spring Into Motion *~*

You're on Page 24 of 24
Go to
  • Morning, ladies! Looks like we're all at least ahead of the game as far as the challenge is concerned. Excellent- we're all worked hard for this!

Last night I did get my WATP in before Friends, and this morning, it was raining again. Ugh! Makes it so hard to get out of bed. But, here's the good news....

I put those jeans on, and they are a little big in the waist, and a little snug in the belly, but they fit well enough to wear to work, with a short sleeved mock turtleneck. Hubby thinks I'm looking good this morning- I wonder if anyone will notice that they've never seen me in jeans before.

Breakfast this morning:
    1 4oz can pineapple chumks, drained
    1 apple & cinnamon cottage double
    1 oz fat free cheddar cheese

Lunch:
    3/4 cup bowtie pasta
    3/4 cup meat sauce
    sprinkle parmesan
    1 4oz can of diced pears, drained & rinsed.

No ideas for dinner, yet.

Afternoon exercise- I want to go thru another circuit with the resistance bands- the ab belt was really tingling in 2 places on my arms, and I know that's because of the new areas worked with the bands, and those anchors. Pretty cool!

I'll check in this afternoon- everyone have a great Friday. Come announce your total losses for the month to get your final award!
  • Woohoo!!! Sunny and 85 here today. Light on tapes, heavy on laundry. Ugh!!

No bike today, for sure. Way too painful at this moment. Stupid tom... *Grr* I am, however, going to try to do at least 15 min on the stepper and a few hundred situps. No migraine today, either, so that'll help a lot i'm sure.

Food today is lower... both because we're broke and because I don't feel too good so I don't wanna stuff myself.

B - top ramen (broke)
    L - ?
    D - leftovers, probably. Dunno.

Calories will be low, however. I've discovered that my body does not enjoy gaining weight OR losing weight. It just doesn't DO it. Which is good!! That means I can get to my goal size (9/10), and just do whatever comes naturally and keep up with the walks & hikes & workout 3-4 days a week just to maintain. That's all fine and good. SO... given this fact, I have to drop my caloric intake. Lame. B will end up being some form of protein/carb mix to give me energy. L will be negative calorie foods, to keep me eating but low on the intake (as in you burn more calories to chew & digest the food than the food has). D will be something small and sensible, and I've got to say no more after dinner eating. I generally snack on & off until we go to bed, because I have to finish that stupid calorie intake for the day. My new intake level for next Monday (no reason to start on a Friday when tomorrow is a BBQ thing), is 1000 calories per day. Yes, it is low. BUT, if I don't lower the intake, then I have to significantly increase my workout, and I am doing 2 hours a day, here, you guys. I'm being careful about it and taking my vitamins & stuff. I'll be okay.

Other than that, garage sale thing is tomorrow. WOOHOO!!! I am looking for a bunch of dance dance revolution (ddr) stuff, like the dance pad and as many versions of the PSX game I can find!! AND looking for a cheap piece of workout equipment that is in good condiiton and did I mention cheap? Yeah.

Have an awesome Friday!!!!
  • Ok as this is the last day of the challenge... I post my wins:

I lost hardly any inches, but that's okay. Clothes STILL fit better.
    I worked out almost every day (with the exception of my being ill a few days)
    I took care of my body and drank my water EVERY SINGLE DAY
    I took my vitamins 28 out of the 30 days this month (forgot a couple times...)
    I have gone from a size 14/15 to a definite size 13/14, and that is HALFWAY to my goal.

I also finally realized that I'm at the last part of my weight loss journey (until i have kids, i'm sure...), and that this IS the hardest part to get off of me. I'm being nicer to myself and realizing what it takes.
  • LucyKitty, you don't have a # of pounds to report? I need to make your award!
  • Made my self-challenge goal! Finally!
    Guess what? We didn't go camping! Hubby won out and the rain started and it got cold! Darn. We may go next weekend, though but only locally to a State Park just down the road...that never feels like camping to me, but I have to work on Saturday for a Mother's Day Tea! So I will be here ALL weekend!

As I drove in the driveway, the Pizza Hut Delivery guy was pulling in, so guess what Ihad for supper? Of course, hubby never orders thin crust! Pan Pizza, my fav with ham, onions & pineapple! I had 3 pieces! Oops! They just leapt into my mouth! ARGH! I tried to stop them, but they just kept jumping and telling my brain how good they were! I do need to go ride that bike tonight SOMETIME!!! The rest of the day was ok with food. Not perfect, but maybe I was celebrating (with food?, you ask...) I HATE this!!!

Well I just re-read my first official entry from the beginning of this challenge! Oh my! It took me THIS long to lose 2.5 stinkin' lbs! But I got it! Today I weighed in at 169.5 (Start weight for the challenge was 172--pathetic!) Well at least I lost and didn't gain! Man...that was a hard challenge! If I would just stick with the plan...stick with the plan...hear me?...stick with the plan...I would be ok! My goal was to lose a measly 8 lbs and I couldn't even do that....

So...this next time around, I mean business! I plan to get down to 161.5 (oh my!) and by gum, I am gonna do it! I will, I promise you! That is only another 8 lbs! How hard can that be in 30 days?? DUH!!! Then I will have lost 20 lbs since January! So 20 lbs in 6 months...not too shabby! I will take it. Then the next challenge will be another 10 lbs by my birthday which is Christmas in July! I really beleive I can do this if I "STICK WITH THE PLAN"...got it? Ok, good! Now just do it (says the voice inside the head!)...

OK, something really wierd to report. I mentioned yesterday (in one of my posts) that a day doesn't go by that someone doesn't mention to me about losing weight. Today I noticed an area on my body that "feels" thinner. It's wierd, I tell you...on my temples! You know...the part above the cheek bones, behind the eye! The temples, I tell you. When I rub my face, I notice that area to feel "bonier"...not that my face was ever fat, but there is definately more pronounced bone!! Whatever! Too strange that I would even notice this!

I'm working on my goals and food/exercise plan for the next month. Have lots of "special events' coming up, so I need to plan for them ahead of time! I have time this weekend to do that since we are not camping! Otherwise, it's back to the grindstone to grind away so these next 8 lbs DO come off! I can't wait to be down to 150 by my birthday! I will expect a "handsome reward" if I do! Hmmmm...I'm pretty sure I will get SOME sort of birthday present. That is ONE event around here that DOES get celebrated! Did I mention I didn't even get a CARD on my anniversary! Oh well...just glad that he puts up with me!!!

Hope to hear from the rest of you chickies soon.

Lucy...good luck finding that "perfect" piece of exercise equipment. I hope you saved some $ for the sale!! Food can wait, but NOT exercise equipment!

Jennifer....WAY TO GO, chickie! I'm sure you turned some heads with those jeans, chickie! Hopefully they will notice you wore JEANS for the very first time! What an accomplishment! Pretty soon, they will be too big for you!

Hugs to all you chickies and if you are still with us, post how you did this challenge, even if you didn't lose! Look...I only lost 2.5 lbs and it was a struggle, so it's ok...whatever your goal was and what you really did! That's what we are here for!

Have a super Saturday, chickies and Hugs all around!
  • Jennifer - Not sure what the poundage lost is. Either 2 or 3 but the TOM is saying I gained that back... argh!! I think the total #age lost is 2.5, but I can't be sure of that.
  • WEll here is my data,

6.5 inches lost
    8 pounds lost
    drank my water every day
    did my treadmill every day, except during vacation then walked on the beach

Weighted this morning, and I weight 168.5 a total of 17.5 since I started. and that makes 28.5 to go, if I stay with my goal of 140.
  • Ok, everyone.....come join us on the new thread.....

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40087

See you there!!!!!!