*Curves #5*

You're on Page 4 of 8
Go to
  • Hi ladies! I just wanted to thank you all! I wrote a while back that I wanted my mom to try Curves. She visited a Curves and was so excited. She called me and said "you know, I can DO this". She was so impressed with it that her and my father are looking at opening a franchise in our home town - as the nearest Curves is a half hour drive away and several of the ladies in town have said that they would go if it wasn't such a hike to get there. I've never seen my mom so excited about exercise before and I think its WONDERFUL!
  • awww - thanks Kari and Sunny.

I got in 4 workouts last week (3 during the week and 1 on Saturday). I felt great and noticed that some jeans fit a bit better. But this week I haven't been able to go at all. And even tho I've been careful with my meals I haven't been walking as much or drinking enough water. And this morning I noticed that one of the jeans that were kind of loose last week were tight this morning.
    Oh, well. I'll have to get my butt in gear when I get back from the weekend at my sisters.
  • Checkin in - been awhile
    Thought I should touch base as it has been awhile.

From my highest weight I have actually lost 18.5 pounds as of today - I have update my avtar to show 15 pounds lost -- will change this when the next 5 are off.

Have not been to Curves for 3 weeks due to being sick.

I have given up my membership with Curves. I am not up to giving reasons other than what happened was not called for.

We have a new place in town owned by local people - same machines as Curves only it is not a franshise. There is no start up fee. You can take it by the month, 3 months, 6 months or 1 year. And should during your membership you become ill say for 1 or 2 weeks - they will extend your membership by that time. Also during your membership should you go on holidays they will extend your membership for that also. They also give you one free visit.

Today I took out a 3 month membership. Tomorrow morning I have my free visit and then the membership will actually start on Saturday April 10 for 3 months. Another thing that I like is that there scale is digital rather than balance beam. And the same person weighs and measures you each time.

As I am just beginning tomorrow I have decided that for the next 3 months that there are going to be some changes I will work on. They are the following:
    (1) Workouts min. of 3 x each week
    (2) When not doing the workout out I will walk to a tape I have for 30 minutes as well as walking at our rec plec for 2 miles
    (3) 8 - 10 glasses of water every day
    (4) No eating after 7 pm
    (5) No potatoes or bread or added sugar during this time.

Tomorrow will be day 1 - wish me 'luck' to be able to stick with this for the 90 days as I would like to see some positive changes by then. I believe if I do this as outlined I could feasibly lose 30 pounds - so here I go !!!!
  • Hey everyone. I just wanted to wish you all a HAPPY EASTER, in case I don't get back on-line until after the weekend. I got weighed in at Curves on Tuesday and I lost another 3 lbs. last week, making that a total of 27 lbs. and 22 & 3/4 inches since Jan. 12th of this year. I am thrilled at my progress! I presently go to Curves 3 times a week and walk on my treadmill 3 times a week, so I'm doing some form of exercise at least 6 days a week (I take Sundays off). I think it's really helped. I sorted through some of my clothes that were too small today and was able to fit into all the clothes that I was wearing in Nov/01. This is when I got sick and started putting on all my weight from the steroids I have to take. It feels great to fit into them again!! Just wanted to share my good news with you all and let you know I'm thinking of you! Have a great Easter weekend!

Dawn
  • Oh, one more thing....can someone tell me what the walk away the pounds videos are and how you do them? I've heard so much about them, but don't have a clue what you do. Thanks!

Dawn
  • Hi Everybody! Talk about being MIA!! I've been soooo busy lately (doing what I'm not sure, but hey ya know!) I've not even had time to lurk let alone post! Ok somebody has got to tell me how to get my posts to be more interesting!! How do I get a font formatted in a color and a different font?? I'm usually pretty good at stuff like this, but this is throwing me!

OK HERE'S THE GOOD NEWS!!!!!
    I weighed and measured at Curves for the 1st time on Monday and (drum roll please) I've lost 6 lbs and 2.25 inches!!!! I am sooooo pumped.
    I really enjoy going to Curves and really feel that this may be a long term commitment for me for the first time. I do have this bad habit of falling off a little after seeing results. I know that's backwards, I should want to go more, but it's like my little "reward" in my warped brain I guess. Who knows, but I'm trying my best to not let it get me this time. .
    I just wanted to say hi to everybody and good to see new faces and this thread taking off!!! Hope everybody has a blessed Easter!!! Take care all.
  • *Happy Easter!*

A very Good Afternoon Ladies!
    It's a great day here because the sun has finally broken through the clouds here and it is absolutely beautiful here today! What a difference a day with sunshine makes!

I went to Curves this morning and was so excited because my girlfriend (Mary Beth) who usually goes in the afternoons after she teaches school is on Easter Break and came with me this morning --- it was so much fun to have her join me And then I got home and weighed myself guess what!?! I have lost another lb! So now I am down 19 lbs... now 197
    I am soooo close to that 20# loss

Well gang I will try to catch up next Tuesday --- so good to see everyone!!! I have to get off here soon and go help the hubby with the bread we have to get baked up - about 6-8 loaves -
    they are Easter Gifts...

"Have a Wonderful Blessed Easter!"
    *God Bless you ALL!*

SunnyD/Donna

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • Good Morning Ladies,
    Glad to see that everyone is having a great week. I went to a workshop on Thursday for school and had a nice time. Then yesterday I went to Curves in the morning before I got in my car and drove 4 hours to Northeast Ohio to visit my family. So it was a nice day for a drive. I am planning on going to check out the local Curves here this morning.
    Dawn isn't it a great feeling when your clothes start to feel looser and you can actually wear smaller sizes. I am proud for you!
    Well I need to get my butt in gear. I have to go workout and then come back to my parents and get ready to go out for lunch with my best friend. I haven't seen her in four months so I am kind of excited to see her again. Have a wonderful weekend!
    Happy Easter!
    Kerry
  • How much are membership fees generally speaking? A new curves just opened up in my town, and I was wondering.
  • Hello everyone - I hope you all had a WONDERFUL Easter!

I wanted to post before Easter, but I took a trip up to Traverse City to stay with my cousin for the weekend, and I was pretty busy packing, and cleaning up the house so I wouldn't have to do it when I got home.

I did have a great Easter though! It was a "girls" Easter weekend....lol. On Saturday my Cousin and I went shopping, and out to lunch. In the evening we stayed up, prepared some foods for Easter dinner, watched movies, and played Trivial Persuit. (I lost)

This weekend was really bad for food though lol. I don't even want to go through the list of everything that I consumed. My cousin did buy me a big box of Godiva Chocolates though. I ate two and when I got home this morning, gave them to Ricardo.

I HAVE to start getting my eating under control so I can actually lose some weight. My mother and her fiance' are planning an August/September wedding and I'd like to lose some lbs before hand.

Now it is time to get back on track! I need to do my WATP tapes now, since I have not done them in 3 days. I am actually going to do them as soon as I get off of the computer. Sounds weird, but I was really excited to come home and be able to do my tapes again.

Well - I'm sorry this is so short, just wanted to say hi to everyone! I will post again tomorrow!

I hope everyone has a wonderful night!

~ Kari ~
  • Good Afternoon Ladies,
    I hope everyone had a nice Easter. I spent time with my family and my best friend this past weekend. So I really enjoyed my weekend. I was not ready to go back to school yesterday. But I went and the thing that made me get through the day was the fact that I was going to Curves last night.
    I go tonight to my TOPS meeting so we will see how well I did this weekend in regards to food. I didn't give into all my craves, so I hope it pays off some. Well I just wanted to check in and see how everyone was. I am going to go ride my exercise bike for about 20 to 30 minutes. I just didn't want to go out in the rain again until my meeting later this evening. I like spring weather but am getting sick of all this rain. The creeks and lakes all around my area are high. It would be my luck to go workout at Curves and not able to get home without a long detour. Have a great evening ladies.
    Take care,
    Kerry
  • Kar73 - Just curious...what is TOPS???

Could you tell me a little more about it when you get a chance?

Thanks a bunch!

~ Kari ~
  • Hello Ladies,
    Kari TOPS stands for Take Off Pounds Sensibly. It is a weight loss support group. It costs $20 a year. Then monthly dues are $2.50. Since I joined last April 1st, I have lost close to 20 pounds. They hold weekly meetings were you get weighed in and then you have a business meeting and then do a fun activity afterwards. At least that is how my group is ran. I really enjoy the extra support that I get from going. Plus I know that I have to be more accountable for my weight loss. If you want to find out more about TOPS, you might want to check out their website www.tops.org Plus to see if there is a TOPS near you. I lost 1 1/2 pounds last week.
    I did go and ride my excerise bike for about 20 minutes last night. I am looking forward to going into Curves tonight and working out.
    Well I better go and get my kids started on their daily work. Have a great day!
    Kerry

• Good afternoon...

What a beautiful day we are having today ~ it's hard to sit inside & be on the computer when it's nice like this (we have so few nice days), but it has been so long since I last checked in I thought I would show up and have a chat

I have some new pictures on another thread if you all are interested:
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...6&page=4&pp=15
    I posted three sets of pictures so go to the next page, okay

Joe & I had such a nice Easter with his family and it sounds like you all had a nice one as well. I had such a nice time watching the kids have fun with what they all received. And the weather wasn't nearly as bad as they predicted (thank the Lord). And today is beautiful after the last few days of rain. I think we may see temps in the 70's by the weekend! Won't that be nice to feel... we have been waiting a long time for some nice weather.

T-Mill ~
    I walked on the Saturday before Easter and again each day up to today... I will walk at 4:00. I take my time walking 1 hour each time getting in about 2miles.

Curves ~
    I have gone on Tuesday and this morning and will go again on Friday. It is so wonderful to see all the ladies working out after the Easter weekend. We have well over 500 signed up at our Curves as of this morning and they were signing up 3 new people when I left

*~*~*

Hi KERRY and KARI -
    Looks like you two have kept this thread going... thanks!
    Sounds like you both are getting back on track just beautifully!!

Hi MELLYWELLY -
    WELCOME!
    I will come back with some info soon... I have posted it so many times on these threads, so I am going to go back and look for the info and then I will post it for you, okay.

*~*~*

Catch you all later...
    SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • Mellywelly
    Hope this helps you...

There are three ways to pay:
    FIRST is to pay monthly & for me that was $39.00 (+tx - some places/states don't charge tax)

SECOND is to have them automatically take from your checking (or in my case they are charging my VISA ea mo) @ $29.00 (+tx) and

THIRD to pay in full for the year the day you come to sign up (which they do not offer unless you ask, because it is the cheapest way to go & I think they lose $ on it, so they don't offer unless you ask) & that fee is less then the $29.00 but I don't know by how much for sure... I think it was 10% less each month that way.

**Oh and there is a fee you pay at the beginning too - usually $149.00, but in my case it was dicounted and I only paid the $49.00 PLUS the first payment (about $90.00).**

You will also then be allowed to go to ANY curves that you would like.

Also... Some places offer FREE CLASSES - so ask allot of questions when you go there

SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*