THURSDAY CHAT - March 18th

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • The day after

Hope you all didn't get sloshed on any green beer yesterday lol.

Just popping in to start this bad boy up and to say have a blessed wonderful day.

Love you !

Leenie
  • Morning all!

I would just like to thank everyone for their support yesterday. I REALLY REALLY appreciate it. I felt sooooo low. However, I took some time for myself last night and thought about everything that's happened in my life the past year and where it might be leading to and I feel quite a bit better about everything. I even managed to stay low carb last night for dinner. Made some nachos with pork rinds, sausage and cheese sauce and salsa and black olives. Now, it felt like being bad..... but really wasn't. Anyway, thank you all sooooo much.

I'm feeling very positive today and drinking coffee like a fiend since I didn't sleep well last night. My first class should be interesting... I'll be talking at 100mph and they won't know what to do! I'll check in later ya'll!!
  • Rhonda glad your feeling better today.....bring a tape recorder to class
  • Leenie: Morning and I for one did not partake of anything alcoholic last night. So I'm free and clear

Shimma: Sorry to hear about your sleepless night. But glad you're starting to feel better!! That's a good sign

Well, it's another stupid snowy day in Wisconsin. Spring is NOT coming this year. We'll jump from winter to summer. no spring or fall for us. I'm tired again. I'm sick of being tired. Where's all this energy I'm supposed to have on this WOE?? Maybe it's just because TOM is coming, or maybe I'm just too obsessed with trying to figure out "chocolate or no chocolate" and then giving in (chocolate whipped topping got me last night). UGH! I wish TOM would come and get it over with so I can go back to having at least decent amount of energy!!.

UGH. I best end this before I get too bummy. You all have a great day
  • OH THE HORROR! There was nothing to eat in the house when I got home last night so dh suggested we go out to eat. Don't worry.....eating wise was fine. Had a salad with steak tips. BUT I HAD 2 GLASSES OF WINE! So much for my not drinking during the week idea. Oh well......tonight is another night...back to my club soda.

I don't think I am going to make my NYC challenge goal....but I got very close! I went shopping last night and ALMOST.....and I mean almost....got into a size 10 pair of pants. Sizes are just so screwed up.
    I have no clothes!!!! Everything is too big but the next size is too small. I can't walk around naked now can I? I have to find some stuff that fits. I am going to take in my dress slacks.....I have three pairs in different colors. But I have no skirts....the jean skirt I just bought last month is huge...it looks stupid on me. gggggrrrrrrrr
    Once summer hits I will be ok, all my summer stuff was too small last year so I should fit right into them. So I just need some stuff to get me by for now.

Good morning Leenie

Shimma: Glad you are feeling a little better today.

Brenda: We got snow too and we could get more on Friday.....it really does suck. I am tired too....I think we are tired because it has been such a long winter. Once the good weather hits we will all feel better and will be able to get outside and have some fun.

Will check in more later. Have a good day.
  • Good morning everyone!

Leenie: unfortunately St. Patrick's day always seems like such a busy time of year for me and I didn't get a chance this year to really celebrate it, except spend a small amount of time at the big parade on Sunday. I really should put some more effort into celebrating it since I have Irish roots on both sides of my family.

Shimma: I read yesterday's thread, and I'm glad you're feeling better today and I hope that things do work out for you and nursing school.

Brenda: blech, snow here, too. Although I'm a bit bitter about the cold weather returning, if I'm at all honest, I should say that I'm not expecting it to really end until about the 2nd week of April. We're almost there!

Jane: even though it's hard finding clothes right now, at least you're going down!!

I have loads of test results to process today. I'm interested to see the final results, but the processing is going to be a bit tedious. And I found out that they are going to move the students around AGAIN. (about the third time in the last half year that they are moving us to different offices). Funny thing is though, that I'm pretty much moving back to where I started orginally. *rolls eyes*. But it's good though because my new desk is in the robotics lab, and there are some really neat projects going on in there, so although it'll be a bit noisy, it's a fun location.

My friend and I decided that we would like to try lawn bowling this summer. I know typically you just see grandparents all dressed in white playing it, but we thought it would be fun to try, and there's a place just across from my apartment building, so we're going to see if they'll let us play!

Anyway, back to work for me! I'm sorry I haven't been around much, I'll try to be better, but just know that I'm still lurking even you don't hear from me everyday!

Take care all, Julie.
  • Good Morning,
    Thought I'd try to pop in early today since I'm going to get my hair done in Boston and probably won't be back till much later. Went to the gym yesterday for the second day in a row and lifted weights. I'm hoping I'll have time to go again today. I'm either going to have toned arms or die trying. Had my first lose clothing experience this morning, unfortunately it was my bra. Not exactly what I was hoping for, as I'd sort of like to keep the fat up there,but I guess it's progress.

Leenie- I stayed away from the green beer yesterday, but I can't say the same for most of my friends. I'm feeling very responsible and un-hungover right now.

Shimma- So glad you're feeling better. I'm sure your class will go beautifully and the talking will be interpreted as passionate interest in the topic at hand

Brenda- I'm from Chicago and I completely know what it's like to go from snow one week to 85 degrees the next. I'd hoped things would be differnet on the east coast, but it's late March and it's still snowing, so I just don't know.

Jane- It must be wonderful to really see your progress in your clothes. Enjoy it?

Have a good day.
    Abbie
  • Hi Ladies,
    Work is really busy and so is my whole day. Thought I would just drop by to say HI since it will be late tonight that I get back on the computer!!! All of you have a great day!!!

Love TG
  • good morning all!

I stayed away from the alcohol! Made myself a pot of caffeine free peppermint tea instead! but man I have a headache today! I have cut way back on my caffeine and I am starting to notice today!

Shimma - I didnt get a chance to respond yesterday! I remember going through that applying to colleges. I really wanted to go to CAL Poly San Luis Obispo for my Computer Science degree but didnt get in! I was depressed for weeks! I ended up at CA State Chico who lifted the freeze on their Comp Sci admissions to let me in. It ended up they were the better school anyway when it came down to finding a job afterwards. I am glad you are feeling better today! I know that something great will happen!

Leenie: Is the boss in today?

Brenda: Western WA is not a snowy part of the state, but man have we had a lot this year. And now they are telling us we have a ::Chance:: of snow again this weekend. THe temps have dropped quite a bit since yesterday, so who knows!? At least my crocus and Daffodils are in bloom!

Jane - I am kind of in the same spot as you are right now. My clothes are big but the next size is too small. I have discovered that if I dry my jeans in the dryer they dont look as big on me, but the waist is still bugging me! I totally agree with the sizing thing though! I think they are screwed up too!

Julie - It was so great to see your post! I love to hear about all the cool stuff you are doing!! Robotics huh? I would love to sit in that area too! What exactly are you studying??

Abbie - Good for you lifting weights! just make sure you give your body 36-48 hours between lifting for the same parts. I do upper body one day then lower the next just so I dont tear down the muscles and injure myself! You will have toned arms at this rate!

I need to get back to the gym. TOM has arrived with a vengance and I am having that stupid numbness again in my lowerback and left leg. UGH! I see that hystorectomy in my future. With the numbness, I fall while walking so I dont think getting on a motorized cardio machine is a good idea. But I have been walking sophie, but very slowly.

BUT the good news is that my eating is going very well for the week! We had corned beef and cabbage for dinner and I found some new PEACH Jell-o in the sugar-free. that was so yummy! DH is Irish, so we always have corned beef. But this was the first year in a long time I could have the serving I wanted and not feel guilty about it! WOO HOO!

The kids had a Parade. The school gets really into it for St Pattys day. I have some pics and as soon as I can I will post a couple of them. My daughters kindergarten class won the award for the best float in the primary grades. It was a Pot of Gold! The rainbow was made with the rainbow colored pinwheels. It really was cute!

Today I will be home cleaning up around the house! OH! Someone asked me how my website is going? I dont remember who. It is good. I have learned to make my own logo now with Photoshop so I have added that. It isnt complete yet, but If you want to take a peek, here is my site Crochet Legacy Some of my patterns are up but I am still working on some of the catalog pages!
  • TG - You snuck in on me! have a good day!
  • Leenie: No green beer for me, either! You know, even during my rowdy days as a college student, I never tried green beer. (I sure drank enough of the regular stuff, though. ) Next year, I think it's high time for me to try green beer!

Shimma: I read yesterday's post, too, and I'm sorry that you didn't get into nursing school. I'm glad you are feeling better. Take care!

Brenda: I know what you mean! Even though TOM only comes for five days/month, it feels like an eternity! And, I usually eat enough during that time to last an eternity. You can make it through it!

Jane: Sizes suck! It seems to me that if you wear a size 10, you should be able to go into any store, pick up any pair of size 10 pants, and they would fit. Unfortunately, it doesn't work anything like that!

Julie: Yay!! Glad you're here. I miss hearing from you! I think you might need to post the pictures of the lawn-bowling adventure.

Abbie: I hear you about not wanting to have a loose bra. That's the one thing that scares me about losing weight. I am perfectly happy with the size of my boobs now. I don't want them to shrink! I'm afraid it's unevitable, though. BTW, where in Florida did you visit? (I saw your post a few days ago, but didn't get a chance to post.)

I had an all-day meeting yesterday -- ick. I guess I shouldn't complain. I have to go to one meeting a month. The rest of the time I can work at home in my pjs. So, because of that and having a church group meeting last night, I didn't get in any exercise yesterday. I miss it! I'm going to try and get some extra in today.

I've also made a vow that while my dad is visiting next week, I will still exercise. Usually, I just don't exercise when I have guests, but I'm going to get some walking in this time. This is going to be a stretch for me, but I am going to wake up early and walk at least a couple of miles everyday.

Well, I hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Take care,
    Jina
  • Wow! I'm an incredibly slow poster. You'd think since I write for a living, I would be able to write a little faster.

TG: Hi! Hope you have a great day!

Karen: The numbness in your back and leg sounds scary!! Be careful, and take care of yourself! Also, thanks for posting your site. I can't wait to check it out!
  • Good morning (or, late afternoon) everyone!

Shimma, I'm SO glad you're feeling better! Things will work out, even if you have to take another route to get there!

Clothes sizes!!! What is going on! I completely agree with you guys. The sizes seem to have completely changed since when I was younger. I can wear size 12s today, but not any of my old 12s from high school. I can't even begin to button them. Also, they are making everything STRETCH these days, so even if they fit when you put them on, by the end of the day, they are sagging. I started buying anything that has even 2% lycra in it a size smaller. They are tight when I put them on, but by the time I get to work they fit. But ... it is frustrating!
  • Hiya girls!

Once again, thanks for all the well wishes. You guys are the greatest!!! As for the sizes.... I've held back from going shopping just yet. All of my jeans are baggy on me except for the 2 pairs that I had that were once to tight to even BEGIN to THINK about buttoning them. Also, I had 2 pairs of dress pants that were too small and now fit perfectly. I haven't looked at the sizes on ANY of that stuff though. The reason I've been holding off on shopping is that 1. I know this is just a transition weight, so the longer I can hold off on buying new things, the less money I'll waste. 2. I'll probably be disappointed by not being able to fit into a size smaller and have my current size be too small. So, right now I'm just being happy that things are too big because I'm so not ready to do the battle of the ever-changing sizes. It depends on where you go and what brand and what cut and what length and if you stand on one foot and lean to the left and whistle a tune then this size will fit but it you lean to the right you need 2 sizes bigger. No thanks!
  • "It depends on where you go and what brand and what cut and what length and if you stand on one foot and lean to the left and whistle a tune then this size will fit but it you lean to the right you need 2 sizes bigger. No thanks!"

That is SOOO true, Shimma! And we also have our "monthly water retention" to worry about too!