SUGAR BUSTERS BIO BOARD (updated 4/1/01)

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • This is the latest SUGAR BUSTERS BIO BOARD where you can learn a little bit more about each of the members on the board. The guideline below is just that, a guideline, if there is any question you don't care to answer, please feel free to delete it. If there is anything you'd like to add, again, feel free to do so.

You can easily CUT, COPY AND PASTE the questionaire, then fill it. To do this you highlight the area you want to copy, right mouse click & hit COPY. Then click on the NEW REPLY and you are going to PASTE the questionaire into the reply area by right mouse clicking again and hitting PASTE - that should put the questionare into the area, then just fill in the lines and hit SUBMIT REPLY! That's it!!

If you'd like to add a picture into your BIO and are not sure how to do it, you can e-mail me your picture and I'll be more than happy to get loaded onto a site for you, or if your picture is 40K or less, you can add it directly into your BIO.

Need to edit or delete something from your BIO, just go to your bio and click on the word EDIT, this will take you to the text of your bio, just change whatever needs to be changed and then hit SUBMIT NOW.

PLEASE NOTE! In order to keep our BIO BOARD updated, if you are inactive on our SB BOARDS for 2 months or more, we will remove your BIO from the BIO BOARD.

USER NAME -

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME -

REAL NAME -

E-MAIL ADDRESS -

AGE -

BIRTHDATE -

WHERE YOU LIVE -

SIGNIFICANT OTHER -

KIDS -

PETS -

OCCUPATION -

DATE YOU STARTED SB -

STARTING WEIGHT -

WEIGHT WHEN JOINING THIS BOARD -

GOAL WEIGHT -

HEIGHT -

FAV. EXERCISE -

FAV. NO-NO FOODS -

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE SUGAR BUSTERS? -

ANYTHING ELSE? -

PICTURE LINKS
  • USER NAME - Debelli

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME - It's a combination of DEBBIE & ELI, DEB - ELI with an extra L put in to make it sound more Italian. It was our corporate name when we owned our pizzeria

REAL NAME - Debbie

E-MAIL ADDRESS - [email protected]

AGE - 39 and holding on for dear life!

BIRTHDATE - Oct. 4th, 1961

WHERE YOU LIVE - Miami, Florida

SIGNIFICANT OTHER - Eli - a really great guy!

KIDS - Michael 14 1/2 & Lauren 13

PETS - none, my kids are enough

OCCUPATION - trying to get back into selling on Ebay, otherwise, stay at home mom - internet explorer

DATE YOU STARTED SB - March 22, 2000

STARTING WEIGHT - 194

WEIGHT WHEN JOINING THIS BOARD - 186

GOAL WEIGHT - 129

HEIGHT - 5' 1 1/2"

FAV. EXERCISE - walking with my Powerbelt

FAV. NO-NO FOODS - chocolate (esp. good white chocolate) and ice cream

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE SUGAR BUSTERS? - It just made so much sense to me, sounded healthy and it was something I hadn't already tried. Boy, did I finally do something right!

ANYTHING ELSE? - I use to be an emotional eater, since starting SB, eating emotionally hasn't happened once. I love this WOE and believe it's the best thing for me. I plan on this being a life change, not something I will stop doing after I reach goal. I thank my lucky stars to have all of you for your friendship and support!

PICTURE LINKS - PICTURE OF WHAT I HOPE TO LOOK LIKE AGAIN REALLY SOON! This picture was taken in Janaury, 1996, at Glamour Shots (please know, they do put A LOT of make-up on you!). I weigh 137lbs in this picture. My goal weight is 8lb less than this picture:
    http://members.aol.com/eldemila/Debbie2.jpg

This picture was taken in mid-July:
    http://members.aol.com/debelli/me.jpg
  • USER NAME - The Quilter

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME - That's my favorite craft/arts hobby.

REAL NAME - Kim

AGE - 43

BIRTHDATE - November 20, 1957

WHERE YOU LIVE - Cincinnati, OH

SIGNIFICANT OTHER - Husband, Paul, who is also doing SB with me.

KIDS - Nope

PETS - One. Our beautiful but timid German Shepherd, Maddie who we adopted 6 1/2 years ago from the SPCA. She's our 4-legged child.

OCCUPATION - Work as a teacher and trainer for non-profit literacy agency.

DATE YOU STARTED SB - Jan. 2, 2001

STARTING WEIGHT - 185

WEIGHT WHEN JOINING THIS BOARD - 182

GOAL WEIGHT - 139

HEIGHT - 5' 6"

FAV. EXERCISE - Walking, trying to play tennis (not very good)

FAV. NO-NO FOODS - Ice cream, cakes & cookies, chocolate in general

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE SUGAR BUSTERS? - A friend/co-worker has lost and kept her excess off for over a year now. Seeing her stay thin while I was putting lost weight back on made me realize SB was the way to go.

ANYTHING ELSE? - When I started Weight Watchers two years ago this coming May, I weighed in at 203.6 pounds. I had lost 34 pounds, but hit a major wall and couldn't get back on track with that program. As I resumed my old way of eating and the pounds started coming back, I was frantic--not wanting to hit that 200 mark again. Thank God for Sugar Busters and you all.

PICTURE LINKS -
  • USER NAME – Rosalie

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME – None

REAL NAME – Marie

E-MAIL ADDRESS – [email protected]

AGE – 60

BIRTHDATE – 14/7

WHERE YOU LIVE – Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

SIGNIFICANT OTHER – None - DH of 34 years died Feb/2001

KIDS – 3 – 2 boys 1 girl and 6 grandkids

PETS – none

OCCUPATION – Nurse – R.N. Work part-time in long term care.

DATE YOU STARTED SB – July, 2000

STARTING WEIGHT – 235 (Nov/99 – see below)

WEIGHT WHEN JOINING THIS BOARD – 215

GOAL WEIGHT – 190

HEIGHT – 5’7 ½”

FAV. EXERCISE – Swimming, Tai Chi, Walking Videos, Badminton

FAV. NO-NO FOODS – French Fries

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE SUGAR BUSTERS? – I started low glycemic eating in November, 1999 with Montignac’s “Eat Yourself Slim” and lost 10 lbs in about 5 weeks. I remained at same weight for about seven months by continuing with this woe before I started to lose again. I’ve since lost another 19 lbs. When I discovered the SB support board – Sweetalk – I decided I should read the Sugar Busters book so I could participate on the board. Then I discovered 3FC.

ANYTHING ELSE? – I like the support everyone gives on this board. I consider Sugar Busters and Montignac’s to be the same WOE so have given my original starting weight as the starting weight for SB.

PICTURE LINKS -
  • New BIO 04/02/01
    USER NAME - Frog Lover

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME - Love Kermit the Frog, and other frogs too

REAL NAME - Renee, friends and family commonly call me "Renie"

BIRTHDATE - 6/12/66

DATE YOU STARTED SB - October 30, 2000

STARTING WEIGHT - ~200

WEIGHT WHEN JOINING THIS BOARD - ~190

GOAL WEIGHT - 130

HEIGHT - 5'6"

MARRIED - For 9 years and have a beautiful brown dog (chocolate lab), our "fur child" named Dixie.

HOBBIES - Enjoy running, fly-fishing and working with my hands
  • USER NAME - GatorGal

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME - My husband and
    I are graduates of the University of Florida, mascot:Gators. We are BIG fans and go to lots of the games--even the out of town ones. So it seemed like a natural user name.

REAL NAME - Gail

AGE - 58

BIRTHDATE - Feb. 15

WHERE YOU LIVE - Maitland, FL. a suburb north of Orlando

SIGNIFICANT OTHER - my husband of 38 years

KIDS - a son, 30 and a daughter, 28

PETS - 2 cats, Precious and Fester, who is a pitiful
    baby and loves attention!

OCCUPATION - homemaker. I also teach at least one
    class a week (for free) on how to study the Bible
    confidently for yourself. I volunteer as a counselor at a
    crisis pregnancy center in Orlando.

DATE YOU STARTED SB - April 2000.

STARTING WEIGHT - 175

WEIGHT WHEN JOINING THIS BOARD - 175

GOAL WEIGHT - 120

HEIGHT - 5' 3"

FAV. EXERCISE - You've gotta be kidding about exercise!
    But--I do LOVE to play tennis. But that's not exercise.
    I do walking and lifting weights.

FAV. NO-NO FOODS - Desserts, fried chicken

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE SUGAR BUSTERS? - Made sense.
  • USER NAME - SolShine

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME - My log-in initials are SOL and it seemed to fit with SolShine - a "happy" name.

REAL NAME - Sonya

AGE - 32

BIRTHDATE - October 30

WHERE YOU LIVE - Casselberry, FL. a suburb north of Orlando

SIGNIFICANT OTHER - married 5 years

KIDS - nada

PETS - does a stuffed animal count?

OCCUPATION - Database Analyst

DATE YOU STARTED SB - Mid March 2001

STARTING WEIGHT - 208

WEIGHT WHEN JOINING THIS BOARD - 201

GOAL WEIGHT - 150

HEIGHT - 5' 5"

FAV. EXERCISE - Walking, rollerblading (I'm just not very good at it.)

FAV. NO-NO FOODS - Chocolate, Ice Cream, Cookie dough

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE SUGAR BUSTERS? - Endocrinologist suggested it
  • USER NAME - karen3000

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME - Not really, just usually a lot of Karens

REAL NAME - guess? Karen

AGE -

BIRTHDATE - 4/19/56

WHERE YOU LIVE - Madison, Wisconsin

SIGNIFICANT OTHER - Dick

KIDS - Michael

PETS - a Bichon Frise named Fluffy - still a pup

OCCUPATION - Legal Assistant for the State

DATE YOU STARTED SB - 1/22/01

STARTING WEIGHT - 207

WEIGHT WHEN JOINING THIS BOARD - 201

GOAL WEIGHT - 150 or less

HEIGHT - 5'4-1/2"

FAV. EXERCISE - walking

FAV. NO-NO FOODS - ice cream, chocolate, homemade rich desserts

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE SUGAR BUSTERS? - told a long time ago that I probably have PCOS so there are insulin problems relating to that. I also know I eat way too much sugar.

ANYTHING ELSE? - I've been lurking for a long time before I took the plunge. Everyone sounds so nice (unlike many other discussion groups). I may not post much, but I will always be reading!

PICTURE LINKS - if I ever find time to figure out my scanner - maybe
  • SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME - Well, it's just divinely inspired don't you think?

REAL NAME - Christina Monique

E-MAIL ADDRESS - [email protected]. I have plans to start a website...I'll let you know when it finally gets off the ground!

AGE - 27

BIRTHDATE - 06/25

WHERE YOU LIVE - Paradise! Downtown Honolulu

OCCUPATION - Client services, up-and-coming financial advisor

DATE YOU STARTED SB - Hmm about two weeks ago. Lemme look....my first post was on 3/14/2001 but I have poked my head in here over a year ago.

STARTING WEIGHT - I have been over 215 lbs at one point

WEIGHT WHEN JOINING THIS BOARD - 164

GOAL WEIGHT - 130

HEIGHT - 5'5"

FAV. EXERCISE - Wow! I enjoy running, walking, the stairmaster, stationary bike, real bike, rollerblading, hiking, the crosstrainer, freestyle dancing and weight lifting. I would say the one I spend the most time doing is running. The most enjoyable is rollerblading 'cause I rarely have time to do it.

FAV. NO-NO FOODS - Let's not even go there!

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE SUGAR BUSTERS? - For most of my life I would ALWAYS either starve or eat until I was in pain. I started my recovery in 1997 with a book called "Thin Within," by Judy Warhol (spelling?). I quickly dropped 30 pounds by following the principles of eating whatever I wanted until I was comfortably full. I joined the gym, doing mostly weights and little cardio. I started to go out and have a more active life. But I couldn't seem to get my food "clean" and had many other problems. In Jan 2000 after almost FIVE YEARS of stalling I joined Overeaters Anonymous and have participated actively, including leading a group, since then. I rejoined the gym and started doing lots of cardio. Once again I quickly dropped 40 pounds, this time reaching 154 pounds. Once again I stalled! After doing a lot of work on my emotional recovery with OA, I'm ready to move on to a different level. Sugarbusters is basically the same principles as OA--no sugar, no white flour, set number of meals a day. OA used to be pretty strict about that way of eating until they got "kinder and gentler." (Rolls eyes). I think that letting go of refined carbs is the breakthrough that I need!

As for joining this group in particular, well I must say at the risk of brownnosing that it was because of Debelli. I remembered her inspirational and energetic posts from when I used to post here in Overeaters Anonymous way back. Everybody else is so friendly and positive too! When I felt ready to move on, this was just a natural place to come for support.

Here is a picture of me in Feb 1997 before I lost the original 30 pounds and was my fattest ever:

BEFORE

Here is my favorite picture of myself, from last June:

IN PROGRESS (As Debbie says)

Note: I changed those to links when I heard how slowly the pages load for some of you.

This is a collection of pictures documenting my entire journey, but I haven't had a chance to update it. I'll do that this weekend. Check back!

Christina's Photo Oddessy
  • USER NAME - fillise

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME - My user ID for email accounts

REAL NAME - Susan

AGE - 42

BIRTHDATE - 09/03

WHERE YOU LIVE - Auburn, AL

OCCUPATION - College Professor

DATE YOU STARTED SB - July 10, 2000

STARTING WEIGHT - 300 lbs

WEIGHT WHEN JOINING THIS BOARD - 260

GOAL WEIGHT - 150

HEIGHT - 5'5"

FAV. EXERCISE - Walking on the treadmill

FAV. NO-NO FOODS - Too many to name!

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE SUGAR BUSTERS? - I read the book and thought "I can do this."

ANYTHING ELSE? - I had given up on the idea of losing weight--certainly of dieting. I was in a bookstore while visiting my parents last summer and just picked up the SB book to look at while I was drinking my coffee (I think I wanted to scoff at the latest diet fad). As I read the book made sense and I thought, "I can follow these nutritional guidelines." I didn't buy the book, but went home and told my Mom that I thought I might go back and get it. She said "don't bother--I have a copy that I got when I joined a bookclub." So I took that as a divine sign that I was indeed supposed to adopt SB as a new set of nutritional habits. As I type this, I have lost 48 lbs and 4 sizes! I still have a long way to go--but since this is a lifestyle change and not a diet, I know that I will continue to lose until I reach a healthy weight.
  • USER NAME -Melf

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME -My initials

REAL NAME -Mary

E-MAIL ADDRESS -[email protected]

AGE -52

BIRTHDATE -09/08/1948

WHERE YOU LIVE -Southwest Louisiana

SIGNIFICANT OTHER -hubby of 10 years, Thurman

KIDS -3 daughters, grown & gone...4 grandsons

PETS -hubby's Sheltie

OCCUPATION -nurse...LPN Work in a small local hospital

DATE YOU STARTED SB -Aug.1998, found & joined this board Jan 2001

STARTING WEIGHT -193

WEIGHT WHEN JOINING THIS BOARD -174

GOAL WEIGHT -150

HEIGHT -5'4"

FAV. EXERCISE - when I started this board, none, just walking my legs off at work. But I have begun a regular walking program 3- 4 times a week & really enjoying it.

FAV. NO-NO FOODS -Chinese, Pizza, you name it...I like it

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE SUGAR BUSTERS? -Needed to loose & had heard about SB from a friend. Had a second battle with blood clots in both legs, high cholesterol & triglycerides in Aug of 1998. When I left the hospital weighing 193 lbs, I decided to give SB a try. Now, even though my cholesterol is still high, barely within the upper limits of normal, my triglycerides came down from over 400 down to 75.

ANYTHING ELSE? - Ihad lost 38lbs then got off SB & regained about 15 lbs which I have just about taken back off again. I came across this site when I was in need of some help & support to get back on it. I found what I was looking for & sooooo much more. This board has provided answers, menu ideas, inspiration, motivation, & friendship. I couldn't ask for much more.

PICTURE LINKS - http://www.ememories.com/pf/default...6999B82AAC5A493

HOME PAGE- http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/...4509/index.html
  • USER NAME - Beachfan

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME - I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE BEACH!

REAL NAME - Anna

AGE - 39

BIRTHDATE - 12/4/61

WHERE YOU LIVE - Birmingham, Alabama

SIGNIFICANT OTHER - Tim (husband)

KIDS - Caroline 14 and Van 12

PETS - Bingo who is 17 years old...and my first baby.

OCCUPATION - Manager

DATE YOU STARTED SB - 1/1/00

STARTING WEIGHT - 222

WEIGHT WHEN JOINING THIS BOARD - 175

GOAL WEIGHT - 140

HEIGHT - 5'5"

FAV. EXERCISE - Walking...it has changed my life!

FAV. NO-NO FOODS - Ice cream, creamy desserts like key lime pie etc.

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE SUGAR BUSTERS? - My doctor recommended it because I was having major mood swings, lack of energy and generally feeling very bad. I have a blood sugar problem and SB keeps my insulin secretions under control.

ANYTHING ELSE? - I made goal weight about 3 or 4 months ago and have maintained that weight.

PICTURE LINKS - I keep forgetting to get the pictures and scan them in!

Anna
    222/142/140
  • All about ME
    USER NAME - LAMAP

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME - Initials of myself and my son

REAL NAME - Laurie Pricer

AGE - 44

BIRTHDATE - Feb 21, 1957

WHERE YOU LIVE - Port Charlotte Fl, 100 south of Tampa

SIGNIFICANT OTHER - widowed

KIDS - Mark 20 years old (moved out mid March )

PETS - Nickie- 11 year old poodle

OCCUPATION - LPN, Endoscopy nurse, but also am Program Coordinator for the Operating Room Scheduling Computer System. Two jobs in one place- one pay

DATE YOU STARTED SB - October 27, 2000

STARTING WEIGHT - 350+ The doctors office didn't get real picky during weigh ins.

WEIGHT WHEN JOINING THIS BOARD - ??? 335

GOAL WEIGHT - 170

HEIGHT - 5' 8"

FAV. EXERCISE - Before clicking tv remote, now treadmill

FAV. NO-NO FOODS - nachos, french fries, baked potato

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE SUGAR BUSTERS? - Boss's husband was doing it to keep new onset diabetes in check and the program just made so much sense to me.

ANYTHING ELSE? - Very glad that I found the support and friendship of the people on this board.
  • Me....
    USER NAME - viv

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME -
    shorter than Vivian
    REAL NAME - Um, Vivian

AGE - 41

BIRTHDATE - May 5

WHERE YOU LIVE - Simsbury, CT

SIGNIFICANT OTHER - Yes, DH.....

KIDS - 2 boys, one is almost 7, the other 10.5

PETS - 2 delicious cats, GIRLS!

OCCUPATION - Mommy, Goddess and Part-time Marketing Director for computer co - flex time too

DATE YOU STARTED SB -
    2/5/2001
    STARTING WEIGHT -
    WEIGHT WHEN JOINING THIS BOARD - 146

GOAL WEIGHT - 128 but that will go down....

HEIGHT - almost 5'5"

FAV. EXERCISE -
    Walking - treadmill or outdoors, swimming
    FAV. NO-NO FOODS - Sushi (this is terrible), chocolate, pretzels, white pasta

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE SUGAR BUSTERS? - This plan works and is addressing my possible sensitivity to insulin which I realized caused my borderline diabetes with both pregnancies.

ANYTHING ELSE? - Debbie is our Diet Goddess!!!

PICTURE LINKS - soon, if I get a scanner!

Report this post to 3FC
  • USER NAME - catlover

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME - love cats

REAL NAME - Laurie

AGE - 47

BIRTHDATE - 3/23/1954

WHERE YOU LIVE - Texas

SIGNIFICANT OTHER - Rick

KIDS - 1 stepson

PETS - 3 cats 1 dog

OCCUPATION - former Sr. Prog. Analyst