Time For Serious Fun #55

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #55

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
    Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
    Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
    Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
    Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
    Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
    Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
    DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
    EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

FIRST QUARTER CHALLENGE JAN 1- MAY 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN MEMBERS FOR 4 MONTHS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE FIRST QUARTER GIFT THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!
  • MONDAY: Today is Misson Monday and our Mission this week is to EAT HEALTHY! Not only watch our carbs, calories, fat, whatever, but include lots of veggies and fruits in our diets. Don't overload on just one thing, balance is the key!

Later girls!

Faye
  • Oops. Someone mentioned Harrison Ford and now I'm distracted. I might in fact leave Sean for Harrison. Unless of course Keifer was an option.

Now I'm *really* distracted.

Anyway, I kicked butt and took names in Wu Shu tonight. I'm learning a new Kata which makes me look like a video game chick. Tee hee! I'm going to be an Wu Shu warrior! And fight wrongs and triumph over evil!

In related news, I also drank lots of water. And I ate vegetables. Go me, go me, go go, go me!

I'm also in a very giggling mood. Lord, getting not sick rocks.
  • i am back.. had a wonderful time in chicago... got to see my favorite aunt... and visit with my best friend as well as my best cousin(one and the same person) lol Altho i did get some bad news... my cousin with the breast cancer...her cancer is back and in her bone marrow... this is the same one who just lost her mother to cancer b4 thanksgiving... if u could all just keep her and her family in your prayers i would greatly appreciate it... shes just tired of fighting and ready to give up... her name is Liz... and shes my age(40) and has a family who love her and want nothin more than for her to beat this, again...
    I didnt keep track of points this weekend but i did get in my exercise... we weent to the Field Museum in Chicago yesterday and the kids loved it... so did i...lol I hope all is going well for you all and yours... i will check back in later and remember to take care of U... I love you all
    Sandy
  • Hi Friends!

4 points for me yesterday - I did 30 minutes on the exercise bike at home. i'm pleased I did it, as I was a bit tired - but I knew I'd feel better if I did it!

SANDYB - So sorry to hear that your friend's cancer has returned - that is so sad. I will pray for her recovery and healing.

Weigh day tomorrow! I'm hoping for 2.5 pounds again as that would bring me to 7lbs lost in 3 weeks - I'll have to wait and see though as I did have a pizza on Saturday night - but I have done 5 days of intensive exercise, so who knows? I'm just happy to be losing anyway and doing a diet that I enjoy! I'm in it for the long haul, whatever the scales say this week.

I heard from the last job in Ireland that I went for in December - I didn't get it. It looks like Ireland is not meant to be - for the moment anyway. I was very disappointed, as I really wanted to go - but I know that God has his reasons and he must have something else planned for me!

Take care all

Love Amanda xxxx
  • AmandaP You get for points. Ok, I am going to predict a 4 lbs loss tomorrow for you so we'll see how I do! You are doing great, btw!

SandyB: I will certainly keep your family member in my prayers. I know how devastating it must be for all of you.

Anna: Keep up the good work with the exercise and staying away from the soft drinks, but be careful with fruit juice. A lot of it is LOADED with sugar and not much juice, so read your labels.

Well, I need to scoot and get dinner fixed. We just got back from the gym and Jack just finished his shower.

Faye
  • TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target for this week is Body Image. This always gets confused with self image and I think we need to see the other side. Body image is strictly that, what your body looks like. This is where you are allowed to be critical. You can look at your body and decide it needs fixing, you can not like your behind and use weight loss and exercise to firm it up, etc. It is important that you look at your body and assess it so you know how you want to proceed, but don't hate your body, just decide the ways you can improve it!
    Later ladies!

Faye
  • Good morning everyone. Miss me? LOL! I kinda dropped the ball this weekend and didn't even get online to check the boards. Our neighbors (Grandma's) funeral took more out of me than I expected it too. I haven't worked out since Friday but will remedy that today. Eating, however, has been good - haven't had much of an appetite!

Since working out, I had actually gained 3 lbs, putting me up to 203 for some reason. Today however, I can report an actual LOSS! Down to 197.5. The last time I checked on inches (remember, I've only been measuring since 1/28), I was down 3.75 inches all around.

Cat - We must have great taste in men! Sean Connery and Sam Elliot are both old enough to be my father, but WOW - do they have $ex appeal or what? I know a guy who has that "Sam Elliot" look - nummmy - but not the body. Oh well...can't win them all!

I haven't had time to go back through all the threads, but I did want to say hi to our other Lisa and welcome to any newcomers I missed in the last few days.

Take care everyone!
  • Hi all!

I had my weigh in and...............a measley 1/2 lb loss!! I was disappointed as I've done 5 good exercise workouts, but I do think that maybe I may have a bit of water retention and my muscles might be a bit swollen from the exercise. Someone told me once that it takes a couple of weeks of exercise before you start losing weight, because of water retention. it sounds like excuses - but I was really suprised that the weight hadn't dropped off due to all the exercise. I'll keep at it - I know that my health and body is improving and the weight will come off soon.

4 points for me yesterday!

Take care all

Amanda xxx
  • Amanda: You get for points! Don't sweat it, you are doing an absolutely terrific job and the weight will come off. Everyone doesn't lose by leaps and bounds. Some trickles off but you are doing such a great job, hang in there and you will see that it will start coming off at a better rate soon!

Lisa: Superb job on losing the inches. YOU GO GIRL!

Jack went and got his new contacts. We had not gone back to the eye doctor at the year end as the new insurance hadn't kicked in. His exam, and a year's supply of contacts was only $98 with our insurance, which is fabulous! I made an appt to go next Tues.

Got the diamond earrings and they are so beautiful and delicate. Hope she likes them. Jack got his laptop and it is gorgeous and even came factory sealed, which we were not expecting. He bought it on Ebay and it is refurbished from Dell. This guy buys them wholesale from Dell and then resells them on Ebay. We got it for $700 and it is worth about twice that. I now have the main computer in my office and we are going to sell the older slower computer for whatever we can get for it because it is old and most people won't want it because it is slow, but for someone that can only afford let's say $100 they get a good computer with keyboard, mouse and monitor for their kid or whatever to use.

My poor cat is so confused. We are having to use a newspaper litter which looks like tiny cylinders of paper and they expand when urinated on. He has to use it until the weekend and then he is healed enough to go back to his sand style litter. Anyway, I found a whole load of poopoo in our dogs bed (which Fortune would never sleep in) and I cleaned it up last night and came in this morning from cleaning dd's house and the house smelled awful. He had peed in the bed too all over it, so I took off the cover, soaked up the urine in the sponge and soaked it with Febreze and blotted, soaked and blotted, then put some of our dog's puppy pads down on the sponge and old towels on top of it so if he wanted to pee on it again he can and the pads will prevent the urine from soaking through to the sponge again. Well, he crawled into it and went to sleep and when we got home I found a huge thing of poo in his litter box! Poor thing has no idea where his toilet had gone I guess! Have any of you ever had to give your pet especially a cat, antiobiotics and did it cause them to have semi loose stools?

Well, I should go as I need to give Butterscotch his night dose of meds. Oh what fun this always is. Little 8 lbs cat and he is practically stronger than both of us!

Faye
  • Hi Ladies,

Lisa, shame about the bod but you can just keep gazing at his face

I'm in the middle of packing and i keep running to the computer to read I gave my old knees a break today and did'nt exercise thought i'd be nice to them as i'm gonna need them for the next 2 weeks at least "see you" when i get back
  • WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. What problem can we help you with today?

Cat: Have fun on your trip!!!!

Later ladies

Faye
  • Don't know if you left or not yet, Cat, but I just wanted to say I can't really complain about the bod, but he's just WAAAYYY too skinny for me! LOL!

Have a wonderful trip!
  • Faye what type of processor is on the one that you are wanting to sell. I am looking for a second one.
  • Hey everyone.

I get points for water only since Sun. As I am down with strep I haven't worked out ate very well, but the water has been flowing. I am feeling better and am going to go back to work tomorrow. Sandy I will pray for you friend. Going to get got to get ready to get Corey from school. The only good thing about being sick is that I haven't worked too much lately and have goten to sleep.

sandy