New Year, New Goals, New Me, Week 7

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Okay, I'm depressed. I'm up two pounds this week. I am going to join WW on Monday night. I need some more help. I keep eating everything that is not nailed down, and I am thankful to only show a 2 pound gain!

My goal this week will be to join WW, journal my food, and be a good girl!

Chach
  • alright chach. sounds like you are back on track. just remember a little setback is not a complete failure. you can get up and dust yourself off and start over. take it one day at a time and you will be just fine.
  • Hang in there Chach! Starting WW is a great step. I hope it works well for you, and I look forward to hearing about how it goes.

I maintained for the week. I really did not do too well, but I made a real significant observation - - these days, a really bad day for me is much better than what a typical day was. I am showing myself that I can mix periods of loss w/ periods of maintenance and avoid re-gaining what I've lost. I am set for this week to be much better.

One major success: I did not weigh myself once! Now, to be fair, I think that was mostly because I was afraid of what the result might be But, I held off. I plan to lay-off the scale again this week.

One major failure: I did not exercise. Again. This is the primary reason why I am not losing.

Just 4 more weeks to the cruise!

Happy Valentine's Day, ladies.

Dan
  • Hello All!

Dan, good job on maintaining. Four more weeks, huh? I am sure you are going to have a blast!

Chequita, yes, I am hopefully back on track. I sometimes just need a little kick in the butt to get me motivated.

I honestly was going to join WW this week, but I realized they were not meeting yesterday because it was a holiday on Base where I was going to join. Therefore, I am going to change my goal(s) for this week. I am going to just keep the water intake up, snacking and sweets down, and watch how much I eat after 8:00 pm. I am going next Monday to joing, because on Base it's so much cheaper for me.

I also want to get this weight loss going again because I am going home with my son to see my family in May when my hubby is in Thailand. I want to have about 30 pounds off by then, and I think I can do it.

Not much else is going on here. Turned cold again, but that's okay.

Hope all is well with all of you.

Chach
  • dannyb maintaining is better than going in the wrong direction.
    chach you keep up the good work and you will get that 30 lbs. off.
    i hope you ladies have a great day.
  • Hi, all. Wanted to check in and see how everybody is doing. I am having a real good week so far. Been to the gym twice and have not eaten anything not allowed.

Chach, have you been following the news that, maybe, water consumption isn't all that important afterall? I'm going to stick w/ it, though, because I still think that it helps keep you full. Jane Brody wrote about it in the NY Times yesterday or the day before. Here is a link to the column:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/17/he...on/17BROD.html

Be well, everyone. Oh, btw, Chequita, I'm no lady
  • Hi All.

Dan, I wondered if you were going to speak up and let Chequita know you were a dude! I think that's funny. Great job on the gym and I had heard something about the water intake. I'll explain more in a minute.

Chequita, I was going to let you know Dan was a man, but I didn't have a chance to get on here yesterday. How did your weigh in go this week?

I did it! I was putting off joining WW until Monday, because I thought I was going to get a better deal on Base, but I called around and found they were waiving registration everywhere and there was a meeting last night at 6:00 pm. I called my hubby, told him to pick up our son after work, and I went off to the meeting. I was a little scared going in, because you never know what to expect, but the group was fun and there were a bunch of husband and wives there. All different ages, shapes and sizes. It was good and not too pricy. I only paid $9.95 for the joining fee, and purchased all the books and carrying tote for $20 more.

So, my weigh-ins are now on Wednesday nights, but I think I will still have Fridays be our new thread day. It's kinda easier to keep it on the same day.

My goal this week is to journal my food, stay in my points range, and get my water in. Dan, they say you only have to have 6 8oz glasses a day. They also encourage other types of liquid--tea, flavored carbonated water, diet sodas, lattes, etc. Don't flush too much! So, I am going to start my day with my diet soda, as always, drink my 32 oz of water before lunch, have some tea or lemonade with lunch, then some more water after lunch, then a different beverage at night. Basically, all my water drinking that I have to have will be done at work, and only extra if I want it at night.

I can share some tips as I get them from the meetings, if you all would like that.

Oh, on their scales after a full day of eating I was 255.0. Up a little, but I usually lose 5 pounds overnight.

Talk to you later.

Chach
  • WTG, Chach. I'd love to hear the WW tips. Sounds like you have a great group.

You know, I'm just a teeny, teeny bit self-conscious as a male hanging on this web site. I have been journaling, and a number of people have left comments that they think it is great that a guy is hanging around. Still, I wonder if there are some women who would feel less than comfortable being open knowing there is a guy lurking through the journals. I avoid commenting on posts dealing w/ feminine issues etc., etc. And, I probably don't have much to contribute to discussions of water weight gain. I know that this is anonymous, and everyone who has commented has been positive, so I'll continue on. This helps me, and I hope that I'm helping others. I've tried WW a few times and was always one of the very few men - - perhaps that is a reason I didn't stick w/ it??? I hope it works for you, Chach

Dan
  • Dan, YOU CAN'T LEAVE US! What I enjoy about having you here with us is the fact that we can get your side of things and realize that weight gain is not just a female thing, it affects men also. Sometimes you see men who are overweight and everything things they are big Teddy Bears. You see a woman that is overweight and the same people that call a man a Teddy Bear will avoid a woman like the plague and figures she's just lazy and want to sit on her but and eat all day. Such a stereotype!

I enjoy hearing about your wife and the things you do. Plus, for me, it makes me focus on what I am here for--weight loss support. Not man-bashing or just griping about cramps! My hubby is joining in with me for WW, although he's not going to attend the meetings, which is fine with me. I'll bring home the info and he can relate it to his struggle. He wants to lose around 25 pounds.

So, please don't leave and stick in here with us. I'll continue to share tips with you and Chequita. I guess we lost Luckycharm. I see her on another thread. If everyone else backs out, then I guess I'll have no one left.........

Talk to you all later.

Chach
  • *waves hands around like a crazy person* Ok, I lurk a lot, on a lot of different threads. Dan, you are such a valuable asset to a place like 3FC. I know there's a men's forum, and I know it doesn't see much activity, but I honestly wish there were more men involved here on the site. Sure, it was started by three women, but men in this country (world?) have just as many problems with weight as women do.

I couldn't care less if a man reads my journal. As a matter of fact, I wish more men would post so women could see the other point of view.

So you can't leave.

Hi Chachee!! I hope you have great success with WW! I'm too anti-social to deal with people like that, I prefer to hide behind a keyboard.
  • Hey everyone

Chachee I am still here, you haven't lost me, I just don't have alot of computer time anymore. Ask Raven she hasn't heard alot from me either.

Now Dan, where do you think you are going? I am sorry but you can't go. You have a month to go before your holiday and we will want details. yes DETAILS.

Had to go and register the DS in Lacrosse tonight so we will have hectic Thursday nights as now there will be that plus DD riding. Why can't you lose weight just by chasing your kids around?

Well I must run, it is past my bed time as I am still trying to adjust to my new schedule. I will try and post more.

Have a happy Friday everyone.
  • *runs in and gives everybody a quick hug before dancing off to treadmill land*
  • Howdy Raven, my friend and welcome back Lucky! I know how it is for not having a lot of computer time. I get that way on the weekends especially.

Raven: I've been lurking on your thread also. I think you are doing so well with the treadmill and the weights. I'm so inspired by you. You are so motivated and that really kicked my big old butt in gear also! Your puppies are crazy! They are getting fixed this month and that should calm them down a bit! I know, pictures, but I still have those 7 rolls of film to develop. Thanks for dropping in! Have you heard from Jolly and what's going on with her?

Lucky: Sounds like you are one busy woman!! I think running around after your kids counts!! At WW they said just get moving--not a marathon, but a little at a time. i.e. Parking out further in the parking lot, taking the stairs, etc. I'd count it!

Dan: See,you can't leave! I knew I wasn't the only one who felt that way! I agree with Lucky, you gotta stick around because we have to have details on the cruise. My family and I are thinking of taking the Disney cruise next year. I would love it! Hang in there with us!

Last night was okay. I thought I splurged by having a Healthy Choice fudge bar, but they are only 2 points. My hubby ate a Skinny Cow--what a wonderful treat! Those are only three points!

My goal this weekend is really to watch what I eat. I always fail on the weekends, and I need to get that in check!

Happy Friday everyone!

Chach
  • Hiiiiiii Chachee. When are you shipping me my puppies?? I hope the neutering will help, but hey, they are still puppies! They LIVE to make trouble. Right? I'm being all mopey right now because I started lifting again and the scale has STOPPED moving. *mutter* I know all the logic, I know I knowIknow... Just keep doing what I'm doing - but I have to admit the positive reinforcement of the downward movement of numbers is not to be underestimated. Bah. I'll break through this one, too. One of these months. And hey!! If it weren't for skinny cows and healthy choice goodies, I would have run out to the nearest ice cream parlor and eaten myself sick WAAYYY too many times. They are one of the most powerful tools in my weight loss arsenal, I swear it. Skinny cow makes sundaes that are wonderful if you're in screaming for chocolate mode, and lately the healthy choice vanilla/caramel swirl ice cream sandwiches have been on the menu for dessert. I will never be able to divorce myself completely from the pleasure food brings, I just need to enjoy it in moderation, right!? I hope WW is the key you need to unlock your momentum, chickie.. we're all different, all need different stuff to keep us going. I hope you have a wonderful (and ON PLAN) weekend, girl!
  • Who Said Anything About Leaving!
    Jeez. I make a comment that I sometimes feel a "teeny, teeny bit uncomfortable" and everybody thinks that I'm logging off and going to Krispy Kreme! Don't worry, Chach, Lucky, and Raven, 'cause I'm not going anywhere! I need you guys! I was just expressing my feelings. And, here I thought women liked it when men did that

Seriously, I appreciate the kind words and support, although I was disappointed to learn that I'm really just overweight - - I was kind of buying inot the whole teddy bear thing, Chach.

We'll have to see just how much detail we get into, Lucky , but I promise there will be quite a bit! I run a small office and will need to log on at some point while I'm away - - I'll try to make a quick post or two while I'm away, too.

I am taking the afternoon off - - I had meetings scheduled to last all day and they broke off at 11. We were meeting just 5 minutes from my house, so rather than head into the office, I came home. I feel kind of bad, because the kids have been off school this week, and Linda and I have had to work most of the week. I'll be taking to the gym in about 20 minutes.

The cruise tickets arrived today! The new passport got here today, too. I am starting to get excited!

I'm really glad to see you posting here, Raven. I have always appreciated your insights and comments on my journal entries.

Ok, I'm going to log-out now and re-log in as "Lady Stella", which is my other identity that I use when I want to take about cramps and stuff. Or, maybe that's my dog's name. I get confused sometimes

To the gym. Be well, and have a great weekend.

Dan