Almond Dijon Chicken - Phase I

• YUM!! I use the leftovers for my lunch salad the next day.

3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, halved
    3 Tbs. Butter Spread (I can't believe or Benecal (sp?)
    3 Tbs. Dijon Mustard
    1/2 Cup crushed or chopped almonds

Mix butter and dijon together in a flat dish and coat chicken with mixture. Sprinkle almonds on top.
    Bake at 375 for about 1/2 hour, until the juices run clear, or the chicken has no sign of pink.

Serves 6

You can also do this in the morning and let it sit, covered, in the baking dish in the fridge so it marinates a bit more...
  • I made this for dinner last night using pecans instead of almonds. It was great!
  • I made this last night and the whole family loved it! Thanks for the recipe.
  • i just have to say thankyou!! I made this with pecans as well, and I LOVE it. I could literally eat is every night!
  • Do we have to use the "I can't believe it's not butter" spread? I usually use Smart Balance (and credit it for helping my cholesterol go down)...would that work, too?

Thanks for this great recipe!
  • I made this last night. It was really good, thank you. Very different to the "cheesy" recipes that I've mainly been having.
  • I made this tonight and it was so good. I loved the taste of the nuts and the chicken was very moist. I used olive oil instead of icbinob spread because it's what I had, but it turned out really well. I agree with Linky that it was a nice change from cheesy dishes.
  • And still, nearly 6 years later this is my absolute favorite phase I staple dinner
  • Chicken breasts, halved
    Please forgive my ignorance, but could someone help me understand the "3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, halved" part?

Is this 3 chicken breasts as they usually are sold (as in already halves) or does it mean to cut each of those in half to make 6 thinner pieces?