Friday Chat, January 30, 2004

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • BAGELS! Stop the madness

What a dork! I just snuck a 1/4 of a bagel!!!! What an idiot. I was so on top of things this week. Then the evil bagel monster calls my name. That little episode will put me over in total carbs for the day. What a dork.

Ok, I'm done.

Theo'sgirl: Way to go!
  • Theo'sgirl: Congrats!!! That is awesome!!

Just stopping by for a quick "Hi!" I still have a lot of work to catch up on. And, at some point today or Monday, some workers are supposed to come by and raise my sagging ceiling??? I live and work out of an apartment, so I'm thinking that will disrupt my work just a bit. I didn't even notice it was sagging, but that sounds like something that would be good to get fixed. Anyway, I'm trying to get as much work done as I can before they come by.

My weight seems to be dropping. I weigh-in on Monday, so I'll have an exact number then. But, I'm hoping to get rid of a lot of these 10.5 pounds I gained. Yuck!

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Take care,
    Jina
  • Wow GO ATKINS CHICKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Jane: That's OK. You stopped at a 1/4 of a bagel. You realize your mistake. That's great that you stopped when I did. You can just start over from there. You've been doing great!! Don't let that pesky bagel ruin that! Keep it up!
  • Bagels................ggggggrrrrrrrr

If I forgo the weekly beer fest tonight my numbers will be ok. I will have to find an alternative. NOT GOING TO BLOW THIS NOW.
  • So I'm sitting her at my desk eating my tuna salad......no bread, just tuna salad.

I will be good the rest of the day, I will be good the rest of the day, I will.....
    Dork!
  • Jane: Quit kicking yourself, you'll bruise your shins!!! It's in the past, just take a deep breath and continue your day. Nobody is perfect.
  • Thanks Shimma, I know. I am moving on. I just can't believe after I spent all week being as good as gold and BAM! The smell of bagels and I turn to jelly

I am going to have to get some low carb ones and only slice off part of them and bring it to work with me on a Friday so this doesn't happen yet again!

It is awfully quiet around here today....

I put a low carb taco seasoning recipe on the recipe board. We were all talking about taco seasoning the other day and I thought I would add it.

I have my 500 Low Carb Recipes book with me today...I may add more.
  • I'll have to check out the recipe for taco seasoning. I LOVE tacos (and pizza)!! So far I'm doing everything on track. Still trying to figure out the breakfast thing tomorrow. Maybe I'll sneak a couple hard boiled eggs into my suitcase. it's either that or a morning start bar!!! I'm just hoping my celery and cauliflower holds up for ME to eat some tonight (not that I NEED any--just in case I get the snack attack). Hmm....rollerblads in snow? I don't think that'd be fun. rofl

So are you all staying warm??
  • Ok gang, I have a question. My sister ate some broccoli the other day and then went to put it into fitday and it had an enormous amount of carbs.... even with the fiber subtracted from it. I've looked a few different places and they all seem to think broccoli has a different carb count than the one before it. So my question... how many carbs do I count for broccoli (both raw and steamed)????? Thanks!
  • Hi everyone!

Just a quick hello...sneaking in from work!

Congrats Theo's girl on your loss!

Shimma: hope the surgery goes well.

I've also noticed that the carb counts on the veggies seem high. Sometimes I go by the Atkins carb counter that I got off the atkins site for fresh veggies, or often I check out the amount listed on the package for the brand I get (if it's frozen veggies).

I also have a question regarding fitday & veggies...does cooking vegetables add carbs? I was on fitday, and if I enter in 1 cup mushrooms, raw it says 3g carbs. If I enter 1 cup mushrooms cooked, from fresh (no fat added in cooking), it says 8g carbs. Is there some funky chem/bio reaction going on? Those aren't my strong subjects.
  • Ok, not that I didn't believe you but I ran them through Fitday as well and you were right:

Broccoli - raw = 5 carb, 3 fiber
    Broccoli - cooked = 9 carb, 5 fiber

Mushrooms - raw = 3 carb, 1 fiber
    Mushrooms - cooked = 8 carb, 3 fiber

If they were counting perhaps what you were cooking it in then I would think it would say that...."with butter or whatever".

Star will know the answer to this one.
  • The reason the cooked veggies have a higher carb count is because cooking vegetables (just water, no butter!) reduces the bulk, therefore more fits into a cup. With most veggies, it takes more than a cup of raw to produce a cup of cooked!
  • I'm so proud of you all

Seriously I am, your so willing to help each other, its really great !!

Thanks !!
  • Oh, Spedmom! You're so smart, SMRT! I was using fitday, totally thinking that ALL my measurements were when it was in its raw state. Well, that's good to know, because it brings my carb count down to where I think it should be. Thanks for the help!

Have a good evening ladies!