Anyone hear weigh under 130 lbs? or had an ED?

• I'm thinking of starting Atkins and I was wondering if anybody here has similar stats to me? I'm 5'7'' and 126. I was wondering if maybe I could have a buddy for support/incouragement? My doctor has advised me to do Atkins to help overcome my Bulimia, and my lifelong addiction to carbs ( I was over 160 pounds from 10-13 yrs old). I am now 18 and have been battling Bulimia for a year and a half. It seems that whenever I eat carbs I get out of control and binge like mad! That's when the Bulimia thoughts come in. For instance today I decided to have a couple m&m's from the dish at work, and ended up eating them all! ( a whole bag! ). However I didn't purge it, because I'm really trying to stop this vicious cycle. So anyways, If you're around my stats or have ever suffered with an Eating Disorder please post, thankyou.
  • Sammy I responded on your other post from yesterday.
    I have never suffered from Bulimia - but I too had/have the high sugar/high carb cravings. If I don't touch something - I don't feel the urge to eat the whole thing. I CANNOT be one of those people who just samples a bit. With me it's all or nothing. It took me more than a month to break my sugar/chocolate cravings and it was no picnic...but as long as I stay on program I don't crave them at all.
  • Just be sure to consult your doctor.

Good Luck !!
  • Hey Sammy,

I think on the main forum page there is a group called Eating Disorders. I've never been in there personally, but maybe you'll find some useful information in there?

Good luck!
  • As I said in my other post, I'm in a similiar boat as you. The only difference is that I am overweight because I stopped purging and continued to binge. I've been as high as 220 and was underweight when I graduated high school due to fasting. I've been to every food recovery group; I've tried every diet. I got here because I went to a 12 step group for food addiction and their food plan had limited carbs. I felt soooo much better, but I kept slipping when I ate whole grains and milk. After reading about atkins, it seems like the solution to let my head clear out a bit. I know I may eventually need to add in some grains, but slipping and cheating snowballs and I just want no cravings for now. Feel free to message me
  • Hi Sammy, Khem, and all the Beautiful Atkins ladies!

I have PMed you both and I too suffer from an ED. I used a simple Atkins type format to get me past the initial first 14 days of detox from sugar. I stayed on it longer just because I was so afraid of the food. I am still sugar and white flour free. I do eat beans, oatmeal, and raisins now about one time a day(some would say big whoop, but the inclusion was a huge step for me! ) I think to start with detox and craving control Atkins is a nice way to go. I know if I eat a palm sized portion of protein and a veggie I am truly full and I don't need to stuff my feelings with anymore food.

Just my two cents,
    Miss Chris
  • Hi Sammykins
    I'm under 130lbs..haven't got an ED though, but am sometimes treated as if i have a problem...so many people think that i shouldn't be dieting!!!! But if i don't - i put on weight quickly and as i am only 5'2" it can be easily seen!

Well done on not purging after the bag of M 'n' M's
    I'd be happy to buddy you, we all benifit from a bit of encouraging buddying!! ;-)