Single New England Chick Looking for Buddy to Lose 75+lbs.

• I'm a 38 (almost 39!!) year-old single woman looking to lose about 75 pounds and I am looking for a buddy with similar goals.

I'm in week three of a medically supervised program - low carbs, low fat and (at least for now) zero sugar, processed foods, etc. I feel good but have little support from friends or family - not because they don't love and support me but because they don't have the same sort of weight issues. They will provide support in other important areas!

I lead a busy and active life but need to find more time and a greater commitment to exercise. I am having knee surgery to clean up an old skiing injury later this month so I am relatively limited in my options right now. I try to use my BoFlex a couple of times a week but would like to become more motivated to do so regularly.

I'd also love advice and encouragement on keeping motivated and planning and preparing meals.

If you're interested in being a Buddy, please respond in this forum or to me privately. I need HELP and look forward to "meeing" lots of new friends in this forum.

- Claudia (Staying Warm in Snowy Vermont)
  • welcome claudia!! i too am on a medically supervised plan, because of my diabetes. i have a little more than 75 lbs. to lose but have the same problem. most of my friends don't have the same weight issues as i do. this site is wonderful and has all kind of great support. please feel free to pm of email me. post often and again welcome.
  • Thanks for the quick words of welcome and encouragement. I look forward to the support this group will bring. I'll be in touch and will keep you posted.