300+ And Ready to try Again #476

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
    We share laughter and tears.
    We share what works for us and what doesn't.
    We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
    Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
    Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
    Thursday......Thankful Thursday
    Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
    Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
    Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Sunday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
  • I'm baaaaacck!! Kinda like a bad penny huh? Well Thin...I seen that you were discouraged from losing that post so I took the liberty of starting a new one for us! I just KNEW you wouldn't mind!!

Well I went to WI (Not Wisconsin) tonight and I lost.......6.4 lbs!! Yippee Hi A!
    I just wish the heck I could do that every week! But...I know its not healthy to do so! My friend from work joined tonight. She couldn't stay for the meeting tonight because she had to pick her son up at art class so we went next door and had a diet soda and I went over the new stuff with her since she hadn't been in two years. We had a good time and it got me out of the house for a bit without my little guy. He stayed home with daddy. He has been kinda clingy the past few days. He just wants me to hold him and doesn't want me to leave. It pulls at my heart strings when I have to go to work or go out for whatever reason. Its not like I am away from him all the time. He is with me whenever I am not working. We hardly go out without him! Hopefully he is not getting sick!!

I still have a sore throat. It really hurts when I swallow. I was on the Z-pak antibiotic but it didn't do anything for me! I will have to see the doctor tomorrow when he comes in. I need something to get rid of this thing! It just wont' go away!

Oh boy...am I tired! I can't remember what anyone said since the last time I posted today. I am going to have to start fresh from here and go forward! I'll catch up with you all tomorrow. I am going to bed!

TTFN Michelle
  • I'm so disappointed I don't even want to talk about it. I was so looking forward to the research study I was supposed to do, but today I talked to the coordinator of the study and she said she didn't think I would be able to participate becauseare you ready for this?I WEIGH TOO MUCH!!!

So I guess I'll just keep struggling along and start back researching the lapband surgery. DH doesn't want me to do the gastric bypass because of all the problems he had, so I am thinking the lapband might be an option.
  • I'm back! Not that this will be the post the other one was, but I did want to come back and at least tell you that I was really thrilled today. I got to meet our founder: Ms. Susie! It was great! We had lunch and yacked up a storm for several hours. She is as delightful in person as she is here on the thread and I'm really glad that we finally had a chance to meet. Funny, we live within 20 minutes of each other and we've known each other for 3.5 years, but just never thought to meet up before.

Barbg: I'm really sorry that that research study isn't in your future. I know how excited you were. That's really the pitts when they say we're too heavy for obesity research. Who else but us would make better subjects? I hope that somehow they reconsider. Maybe it's that they want the statistics to skew in a particular fashion. Wouldn't that be something? To learn that study participants are chosen specifically so that the outcomes are pretty much pre-determined. Am I too paranoid here?

Michelle: Thanks for starting the new thread. I didn't even realize that during my last tyrade we went over the 30 mark. I hope poor Andrew isn't coming down with something. "Clingy" is a symptom too for kids that age.

I'm not going back any further. All of you that I missed, I'm sorry for losing my post. I'll talk with everyone later.
  • Hi girls
    I'm back. I did not go anywhere really, just feel off my wagon faster than I got back on it seems . No one to be mad at but myself, I am the one that has to answer to myself at the end of the day. I have been reading every single day, because we all know how I am addicted to this thread. I think I am here every single post. Anyway, I watched Oprah today and am inspired again. I will do this, I will change my habits!! Only I can control my destiny and I am worth this. No one is there or here or whatever it is to shove this food and sweets in my face.

To all that have lost this past week, I sincerely give you the biggest hug and congratulations!!! You are all awesome!!!! Keep up the good work and keep me inspired. I know it sounds needy, but guess thats me....right now I'm feeling kind of needy.

Tina: Sorry to laugh at your expense also, but your story did give me a little , which was needed more than you know. I am truely sorry you were sick though, it is no fun sitting on that "porcelain god" and the occasional not knowing rather to sit or lean over? Hope you are feeling better.

Thin and Michelle: I am understanding how your are feeling loosing those posts, I just went to the dictionary thing on yahoo to find out how to spell proelain and lost my first post....

Barbg: Sorry about the let down on the study. Hope your next venture works out for you better.

Welcome to the newbies on the thread, I can't remember the name/names but I will.

On a brighter note. Saturday night my sil and I took our future SIL out for our what has become a regular monthly girls night out. We left early so we could of course go out to eat. We got to the Olive Garden at 5:00 and they said it would be 1 hour and 40 minute wait for a table. No I'm not joking. So we decided to go walk the Mall Strip. We visited Linen & Things, Body and Bath Works, Super Walmart, and a few other small stores, then we went to the 7:40 movie to see "Mona Lisa Smile" I loved it, but it is deff. a Chick Flick as my hubby would say. I also loved the previews for "Along came Polly" and that is on our list to see next if it's still playing next month. I also saw previews for a new Adam Sandler movie I think it was "50 first Dates" with Drew Barrimore...(sp) looks really promising also. We did not do to bad at the movies, we shared a large popcorn between the 3 of us and did not finish all of that, and we did not touch the candy. We then went back to Olive Garden and it is now 10:00 and we got right in... , this is not a good time to eat because I am now starved!!! Or so I thought.

Then tonight my Sil had a Creative Memories party. My first attempt at scrapbooking and I loved it. My page I made turned out really cute. I used pictures of the kids from different camping times this past summer and used a center picture of one of the lakes we camped on. So, I ended up buying way to much stuff, but I think I have found something I can do without having to be too crafty a person. Has anyone been to this kind of party?

Well I am off to get my sleeps in before work tomorrow and I will check back tomorrow and I promise I will be on plan. That is not just a promise to you, it is a promise to me, and like Oprah said "Don't lie to yourself" so I am not gonna lie to myself, I WILL BE ON PLAN!!!

Hugs to you all & nighty night,
  • Hey everyone

I am soooo exhausted. I bit the bullet and did the right thing this morning. The result was the owners showing up with final paychecks for the two culprits, locks being changed and the shop packed up. I was amazed at how much work was done. It was also incredibly stressful. Plus, in the packing, I found so much more that had been taken. I'll be back tomorrow morning to make sure the office is all ready to go. I think I got all the unnecessary bits thrown away already. It wasn't as hard because we were planning on closing already, it is just a week early. Would you believe one of the jerks tried to turn the blame on me when I asked him why our cash drawer was $100 short? I was only asking him if there were any receipts he hadn't turned in. He didn't need to go there.

I went to Curves tonight but was really careful with my knee. Mostly I wanted to go for stress relief and some good female energy.

DH is making dinner and keeps offering to start a hot bath for me. I think I just want to go curl up in bed. And I'll admit, I did ask him to make comfort foods for dinner, but I plan to keep them within comfortable range instead of binge range. Actually, I don't even feel like eating. I just want to go wrap up in a big blanket cocoon and make the world go away for a while.

I see there are quite a few of us on the weight loss bandwagon. Impressive! There are also some of us who need *HUGS* Tina and my favorite mustang mama come to mind.

I think I've decided to head to bed now. Have a good night all.

Andria
  • Good evening everyone,
    I hope you're all doing well. I had a great day today as far as the weight control issue goes. I was seriously stressed and pressed for time all day but I managed to stay in control of my eating even after I got home, which is absolutely the worst time for me. I started a new job tonight doing tax preparation and I've been really busy lately training for that and trying to get my real estate career off the ground at the same time. I just got my sales license so things are very hectic at the moment. If I can remain in control during all of this then I can handle anything. Well, I'm off to bed now. Have a great night everyone.
  • Hi guys... another ON PROGRAM DAY for me.
    Did not get enough water because I was gone all day wedding shopping.
    But I followed my program food wise... and I did order water with my lunch and when we stopped at a convience store I did not buy a diet pot.

We made some progress on my daughters wedding stuff. I think we have found the cake we want. And the wedding book we want. and the candelbras she wanted too. We eliminated some items we thought we wanted too. (I like eliminating things.) We met with a photographer... and his sample photos were TERRIBLE !!! I could take better pictures myself. I cannot believe the prices he charged on top of that. We will continue looking.

I will try to reply to a bunch of you... hope I don't miss anyone.
    I do know we are missing several people. I hope you are lurking still.
    Please post again.

Carol.. you sound very busy. I am glad you decided to join our group.

Andria... I know how stressful it must have been for you to report your friends ... but I think you did do the right thing. {{ HUGS }}

Sandy.. My DIL is into scrap booking BIG TIME !!! She is always saying how much money she can save making her own cards and such.. but she spends a fortune saving that money.

tina... You POOR THING. {{{HUGS}}} This is one time I am NOT going to tell you to come climb on my lap and rock with me. Thanks for that visual you gave us. LOL Get well soon.

Chequita... WARNING !! Beware of too high hopes when you know you have lost inches. I have found I lose inches when I don't lose weight... and visa versa. It seems our bodies are playing catch up or something.

Barb... I hope you get well too. Hopefully you don't have what Tina has.

Homebund/Joanne... good to see you again. You don't post enough... we miss you when you are gone.

Michelle...thanks for starting the new thread for us.

Thin... I loved your quote from Kat. I don't know it exactly.. but something like ...

Quote:
    You *&%#*@%&# COMPUTER !!!
    I am so happy you and Susie met up finally. How cool.
    I hope you talked her into coming in April.

Barb.g .... Can you believe it.... too fat for an obesity study. GEEZE !!!!''
    what is wrong with those people ????

Okay... sorry if I missed anyone. It was truly an accident if I did.
    good night all ... I am TIRED !!!!
  • GOOD MORNING TO SOME OF MY MOST FAVORITE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD

2CUTE: I am so happy for you being OP still, you are giving me hope for myself. Yes, I can see where she could spend lots of money on scrapbooking stuff. Last night I bought the cheapest kit versus individual pieces, plus my $10.00 workshop fee and I spent just over $100.00. (ouch) hubby would have a cow if he knew I paid that much for a scrapbook and materials. But it does include the personal cutter and some other tools and some paper stuff to start with. We have a local store that opens back up in March that sells lots of scrapbooking stuff for sosososo cheap. It's like a liquidation store, so I will be hitting that!! I can't believe I am not crafty at all but this I can do and it was fun remembering the days the pictures of the kids were taken.

Carol: You sound like one busy woman. Realestate and tax preparer. Those are some major jobs. Remember take time for you.

Thin: I think that is so cool that you got to meet the person that started this thread and cool that you only live 20 minutes apart.

TODAYS ACCOMPLISHMENT TO WORK ON IS MY WATER. I WILL DRINK AT LEAST 8 GLASSES OF WATER AND I WILL NOT EAT AT LEAST 2 HOURS BEFORE BED

Be back in a while chicklets....
  • Quote: I did not buy a diet pot.
    As I recall...um...I mean, heard...there is nothing diet about POT! It gives you the munchies!

So they say.

Somehow, I just don't see our Miss 2cute as a stoner!

I lost another post last night! I don't know what's going on here. I do keep forgetting to copy and paste, but I log in each time, why does it re-direct me back to the login screen? I have been using quite a few expletives lately!

I know I did share in the chuckles over poor Tina's dilemma! Sorry, girl, but what could be funnier than your a$$ and gas!?! You know I love you! I hope you're back to your sweet smelling self!

Mary, I did go to chat, but didn't see anyone there. Sorry I missed you!

Pat, I wanted to give you a {{{hug}}} and say I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine your pain. I'm glad you and hubby have each other to lean on.

Thin...How cool, getting to meet Susie! Isn't it great to put a face and a voice and a personality together with the words that we read?

I have to go rustle up some breakfast for the boy. Then I'm braving the cold and taking the doggie for a walk. I LIKE winter! I just hope I don't fall...it's awfully ICY out there!

If I lose this post...I give up...it was nice knowing all of you!

**I just got booted again, but I remembered to copy...hey, I'm learning!
  • Good morning!

Just dropping in to say hello and to encourage everyone to keep it up with all the positive vibes and all the great work. I'm recovering from 20 minutes on the airdyne and need to get my butt to work soon. I think work is too much of an interference in my weight loss efforts.

Someone mentioned losing inches without the scale moving? That's what is happening to me. I may bash the scale soon. But I know the tape measure shows a different story.

I've had to take a break from dog walking because my foot isn't getting to the 100% better point. On the happy note, I'm enjoying wearing my walking shoes to work instead of regular shoes.

I'll try to print out the threads at work today and get caught up with everyone. Have a great day!
  • P.S. Where is Judy? She hasn't been back since the forum was lost.
  • good morning ladies. hope everyone had a nice night. i had some of the strangest dreams. it could have been because i kinda blew my diet last night, but i am back on today and feeling pretty good. 2cute2bfat i know what you mean. i do not have much time this morning, but will be back later.
  • Morning Lady's,
    I have been lurking, it takes up all my time just to read and to catch up, and don't have time to post. It's slow around here right now and the boss is out sick for the day so I will take advantage of it.
    Just an update on my weight progress, I gained 9lbs during my Christmas Holidays, yes I ate like a pig. Went back to TOPS on Jan 6th, and weighed more than then I did when I started TOPS in October. Last Tuesday at TOPS I lost 4lbs, so not to bad for a start, and tonight I have WI again, but I'm not expecting much of a loss if any, was a bad girl this week Why can't the motivation that we all have the first week stay with us for many weeks. It's so frustrating. But I will lose 50lbs or more this year no and if's or butts. ( I'll need a good kick in the butt if I don't).
    On a sadder note, I'm suppose to attend a funeral tomorrow. ( I don't do well at funeral's, even when I didn't know the person). My sisters fiance's brother died suddenly Thursday night. She was rooming with him, and his other brother and sister, her fiance lived in another house down the street. My mother called there looking for my sister around 6pm, and Jeff( the boy that passed away) answered the phone, my mom said he sounded awful, and he said he was sick, and that my sister would be home at 7pm. When they got home he was stumbling all over the place and couldn't talk properly. Rushed him to the Hospital, had a fever, had to wait till that went down, and they flew him to Saskatoon. Were his heart stop, and he died, at 4:30 in the morning. He was fine in the afternoon and less than 12hrs later he was dead. They determined that he had Menigitis, the worst strain of the virus you can get. And there was no hope in saving him at all. He was 19yrs old, they had to get everyone that was in contact with him within 24hrs to take a pill to counteract the virus. So far no one else has come down with it. And the only way to get it is from direct human contact, so he must of come across someone who was carrying the virus but didn't have the symptoms. I really didn't know him, but I think I should go to the funeral to be supportive to my sister. Very sad, and so young, very close family. So please keep them in your prayers.
    Sandy, I'm a scrapbooker, and it cost alot of money if you buy through Creative Memory's. So far that's where I've gotten all my stuff, but from now on I think I'll try to find the supplies in the stores. It's fun, and it's a good hobby but boy does it take up alot of time. If you like me, and like to make everything just right, I can spend an hour on just one page. But I like it, it's a good pastime, and keeps your fingers out of the cookie jar, don't want smears on your photo's.
    Tina, hope your feeling better. I don't think I've ever had food poisining and hope I never do. Doesn't sound fun at all.
    I was watching the shopping Channel the other day, and was all set to buy the Tony Stewart Gazzel, they were advertising, but they only accept credit cards, and I'm one of the last human being's on earth who doesn't have one. I was so gun ho to start excersicing, and the Gazzel looked like alot of fun. I guess I'll just have to find it in the store's at twice as much. Any body have one, how do you like it??
    Well I better get back to work, Have a great OP day.
  • duckie i know how you feel i do not do well at funerals either. congrats on the 4 lbs. and good luck on the 50 lbs. for the year.