(OT) I almost got hijacked tonight

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I was driving to the mall tonight to meet my friend and her daughter, and when I turned a corner, this man ran out of the bus station (which is beside the mall) right at my car and jumped on the drivers side door, trying to get in. I was going under 10 mph when it happened, and I just sped up to get away from him. I don't remember clearly what he looked like, but I did call the police when I got home. I was shaking for an hr afterwards and I'm still traumatized.
  • OMG Raelynn! I'm so sorry this happened to you. Thank God you reacted with speed and intelligence. I hope you're feeling better soon.
  • Oh wow! I'm sorry that happened to you, it sounds like it was really scary. I agree with Apryl that you reacted in an intelligent way. I'm glad you're alright!
  • What a terrible thing. Hope you are feeling better real soon and thank God you had your door locked and you reacted quickly. I would still be shaking too.
  • Well thank god that you are OK! ANd thank god your car was locked!
    You will probably be a little nervous when you go out in the next few days but just kep the doors locked, like we alll should, and keep reassuring yourself!
  • nice one should have reveresed over him aswell
  • Thank God you are okay! Keep safe.

Dana
  • Smart thinking Raelynn! I'm so glad you're okay!
  • Oh Sweetie, I know you must have been terrified, but you kept your head and did the right thing. I don't know if I would have been so smart in your situation. Thank goodness you're alright!
  • Yes, thank God you are safe after that horrible experience! You handled yourself exactly right. And thank you too, for sharing, because it reminds us ladies (and really, the guys too) that you can't be too careful these days and to keep your car doors locked! Hugs!
  • Scary! But you handled it well.
  • So glad you are ok!!

Gayle
  • good heavens!!!! what are the police doing???? so glad you kept your head on straight and that you're safe..

this kind of stuff just isn't supposed to happen!!!!!!
  • Thanks, I am so grateful that I locked my doors - I will be locking them from on always. Someone must have been looking out for me, because I NEVER lock my doors, and last night I did for whatever reason. My daughter was in the backseat, but thank God she wasn't paying attention and didn't see it.

Jiffy - there isn't much the police can do at this point, because it was 4hrs after the fact when I called it in, and it's a big city (pop. 1million almost). I never hear of this kind of thing happening here. The info is being forwarded to the downtown division of the police, and they may or may not call me on Monday. Regardless, they have it on file so if this happens to anyone else, they may be able to link them.
  • Glad your ok! I hope that he didnt get someone else!