Hello again

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Hi Jennie

Firstly apologies for the lack of posting. Doesn't time fly when you are having fun. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your baby. It must be a difficult time for you. How long have you been trying? I tried for 13months for my son but it seemed like an eternity so I do know what you are going through. Try to remain positive and I am sure in time things will happen for you as they have happened for me.

Congrats on the 4lb lost that is amazing. Keep up the good work. I will post again soon.

Madcow
  • Hi Peachyann

How are you ok I hope. I am sorry I have not posted sooner but things here are very hectic. Why is it so hard to drink water. I have been quite successful with it. It is so hard. I love cherry coke so water does taste slightly different. I lost 3lb the first week and 1lb last week so I am quite pleased with myself. I have also joined a gym and have been twice this week and have done one of my husbands classes. He is a keep fit instructor. So far so good. Keep me posted on how you are doing. It is nice to hear from everyone.

Be good
    Madcow
  • Hello Paragoddess

Hi hope this post finds you well. I too am about the same height same weight as you. I have decided that this year is going to be our year. All the people posting here are going to achieve massive weight loss. Let me know how you are getting on. All this posting keeps me out of the fridge so it is great

Speak to you soon
    Madcow
  • Hi Llalle nice to hear from you again. Congrats on making your clothes better. I know how hard it is to look at the scales, it seems to take ages doesn't it. I have lost 4lb in two weeks but even that has made some of mine feel better so I can not wait to see what a stone feels like. It will happen this time as I feel so enthusiastic. I know that talking to you guys is definatley helping so please help me to help myself and write again soon

Cheers
    Madcow
  • Hi Chequitagirl Firstly welcome to this "our thread". It is strange that a few of us are all around the same weight! Hey not for long eh. I think we should all log our weights and losses once a week then we can see how much we have lost as a group. Anyone interested. I normally weigh on Monday's. I am happy to collate the figures if you like. Let me know if you are interested. I think we have probably already lost over a stone. Good going eh? It is nice that you are thinking about your daughters. I have a son of 2 and know I have to lose weight to keep up with him. He is my inspiration.

Hope to hear from you soon

Madcow
  • madcow that sounds like a great idea i usually weigh on tuesdays but can change that to mondays i usually measure once a month and am not due to measure again until the 9th of feb. anything to keep me on track i am all for
  • Hi All
    Hi everyone,

You are all so inspiring and encouraging! Thanks!

Jennie, I love that another shorter girl is in the group. Five pounds looks like ten on us. I, too, miscarried my first pregnancy. It was devastating, but I then had 3 successful pregnancies. My doctor told me that 20-25% of preganancies end in miscarriage. It is so very hard. My thoughts are with you, but things will turn around. My kids are now 21, 20 and 16 (on Tuesday). I can''t believe how fast the time has gone.

I started paying attention to what goes in my mouth January 2. I'm hoping if I don't call it a diet I'll stick with it. I've lost 3 lbs, not much but a start. I am hoping to lose 6 by the first of next month. I am really trying to keep my goals reachable. My will power stinks, but perserverance pays off. I hope to be down 20 lbs by my birthday in June when I will be 50. Oh my gosh, half a century.

Thank you all for your positive attitudes and encouragement, it really does help!

Anne
  • peachyanne 3lbs. is a great start. and yes if you don't call it a diet it makes it a lot easier. i like to refer to mine as a lifestyle change. works so much better
  • Welcome chequitagirl
    Hey everybody our thread is growing! Hooray!

How is everyone today? I hope well. The scale went down a pound for me today after a one pound gain one day and 2 days of plateuing (sp?); that was a welcome sight. I started adding in exercise yesterday. I figured I wasn't gonna start everything at once, so I started the diet the first week and added in exercise the next. I burn-out on things too easy and I didn't want to do that this time.

I found this really cool software that you can download for free and try-out for a couple weeks before you decide if you want to purchase it (it's not expensive only a one-time fee of $9.95). After trying it out I decided that it was definately worth it to help keep me on the right track. The nice thing is it doesn't matter what diet (if any) you follow all of them work! Take a look at it and tell me what you think.

http://www.weightcommander.com

Talk to you guys later! Remember, every bite counts.
  • weekend
    Hey everybody! I hope you're having a great weekend! -Jennie
  • What exactly does weight commander do? My scale was down 2 lbs yesterday from the previous Sunday. I didn't do a good job drinking my water Saturday so that may have made some difference...

Anyone have any suggestions for good exercise tapes? I love to walk outside but when its chilly I don't like to take the baby out.. and my husband is a firefighter so he's at work every 3rd day which means I can't leave the baby with him and go... so I'm looking for an alternate to walking outside and I figured exercise videos are probably the next best thing. Hope everyone had a great weekend!
  • Hello everyone,

I am looking for a diet buddy. I just cancelled my membership to "Change One" today. It is a very good program but I decided that I can't afford to spend more money on losing this weight. I need to lose 40 lbs desperately and can't seem to stick to it. I am going to start counting my calories, starting at 1500 per day. I have been working out at the gym for 10 months and have not lost one pound. It's getting harder and harder to go(and spend the money).
  • Hi debbiejarrell,
    last january I started to go to the gym 5 times a week at least. I did weights for an 1 hour 3 times a week and cardio 45 minutes 5 times a week by june I weight 20 lb more. then i stopped going... but now I am back on track, eating less (even the days I go to the gym) and I am back in the gym.... first big goal is to get rid of the weight I had gained. My mistake was.... I worked out to much that I ate a lot more..

well later more
    Llalle
  • Which plan does the 3 FAT Chick forum follow?
    I was wondering if the 3 FAT CHICK site is a Sugar Buster forum or which diet plan does it follow?

Thanking you in advance,
    Jo Ann in TEXAS
    [email][email protected]
  • Quote: I think we should all log our weights and losses once a week then we can see how much we have lost as a group. Anyone interested. I normally weigh on Monday's.
    Good morning ladies, and welcome chequitagirl and debbie!
    My morning weigh-in kept me at 224 which is a 4 pound loss for this week. Hooray!

Here's a tip. If any if you are doing low-carb and need a dessert. Make a pie crust using ground pecans, butter to moisten, and a little artificial sweetener. Bake at 350 for around 10 min. Then make any flavor of sugar-free gelatin (lg box or 2 small boxes) you prefer, using only half the water called for while preparing. While still hot mix with either 16 oz of light cream cheese or ricotta cheese Put in fridge until firm, remix after chilling if necessary, and fill pie crust. MMmmmm. If you use lime jell-o it tastes like key lime pie! You could even make it and eat w/out the crust. I know this sounds like an indulgence, and I guess it kind of is, but I have eaten a piece of this everyday this week, and still managed to lose 4 lbs. So, eat away!
    Well, I am gonna go workout now. Talk to you guys later!
    Jennie