Curves #3

You're on Page 5 of 7
Go to

• I cannot stay on - have to go get ready for the day, but just wanted to WELCOME DARCY!! So glad you found us!!!

Again I CONGRATULATE YOU for your 100# loss!!!! WoW!!! What a wonderful job you have done so far!! An inspiration!!

Gotta get going now - later!!!
  • It's A Girl
    Well - Ricardo's sister had the baby yesterday. Healthy baby girl, weight 8 lbs & 18 inches long! She is such a Cutie Pie!! Luckily, she didn't have to have a c-section, and I'm sure she is thankful for that! She is coming home later today, so we are all going to see the baby. I'll bring my digital camera and take some pics to post of Raquel.

My sister Alicia is pretty excited about being pregnant again. She's been wanting another baby, but she was having some health problems. Now that things are better, she is expecting! I love being an Auntie....it's a bummer that they live so far away though.

------------------------------------------------------

Good news!!! I got a job. I had been sending out resumes before I had quit my other job, and I got a call from a company today. I will be doing "billing" in their office, and the pay is awefully nice! At my previous job I was making $8.25 an hour to call people, and get yelled at all the time..lol and this billing position pays $11.50 an hour - full time - and doesn't involve people yelling at me on the phone. How nice is that? $3.25 more an hour than before! Plus she said that they do like to give out over time too. That will work to my benefit. The down fall? It's quite a hike to work. 30 miles one way. It's all the way on the other side of Detroit. It's not a bad area, just such a long drive. I can deal with it though - as long as I get my new car soon.

I talked with my dad last night about the car. I think what he is going to do is, sign for the car like he is buying it. And when he insures it, the insurance will be in his name, with me added on as a driver. It would be a lot cheaper that way. Then I could just make the car payments, and pay my insurance. Then once the car is paid off, he can sign it over to me. I don't have good credit, and the dealership will laugh if I were to apply for an auto loan. Hopefully though, I can get something this week - since I should be starting my new job next week.

---------------------------------------------------------

SunnyD57 - Mikala is such a doll! Love the pictures!!!
    So your curves added some equiptment, and now wants you to go around the circle 2.5 times?? Confusing if you ask me. I'd much rather just make it around three times then. And really, it's not like they could say "no". You pay for the membership. I know the Curves I've been attending, we go around three full times. (By the way - I did finally go to Curves today maybe that's why I'm feeling better?? lol

angel4real - Glad to hear your dad is doing better
    Thanks for putting up the info for that Shirley Temple movie. I want to rent it one night. I love old Shirley Temple movies. And that particular scene with the angels sounds beautiful.

mbzig (a.k.a. MaryBeth) - WELCOME! Lurk no more! Even though you are not a member of Curves yet, you are very welcome to hang out with us here! It's always nice to see new people reading our threads, and wanting to participate. All of the ladies here are absolutly wonderful, kind, caring, inspirational, and MOTIVATING! Hope to see you around here often

aprilbride04 - (((HUGS))) I am so sorry to hear about your fathers stroke! With some time, patience, and some therapy, your father will be on the right track. I will say a prayer for you and your family tonight. Hopefully you'll be able to get back to curves after all of the things that are going on. It will help you clear your mind. And please feel free to vent here whenever you need to. Keep us updated whenever you can...(((Hugs again)))

darc - WELCOME! Can I just say...WOW WOW WOW!!! What amazing results you are getting! To lose 60 lbs by yourself, and then another 40 lbs from joining Curves! How wonderful that must feel!!! YOU GO GIRL! Are you doing anything else besides Curves, any kind of food program you are on?? Tell me your secrets!

------------------------------------------------------

Well - I suppose I'd better go. I have a sink full of dishes, and a bedroom that is screaming at me to clean!!! lol

Have a wonderful day everyone, and HAPPY CURVING!

~ Kari Berry ~
  • MaryBeth, thank you for the info but that link didn’t work for me either. I'm going to go to Kmart this weekend. I think they might have it there, if not I know I can order it on Amazon, or maybe even eBay.
    Don’t be such a lurker Marybeth, come in once in a while. We like having new people join us.

AprilBride, I'm sorry to hear about your day, I will be praying for his speedy recovery. My dad was just in the hospital with Kidney Failure, and my brother called me to ask me for my cousins phone number so that he could tell her he was in the hospital. Not worrying about me, but wanted my couldn’t and my aunt to know. I was furious. His reasoning, was that he didn’t want to upset me. What? Like he didn’t think I’d find out?
    Men are idiots, they aren’t’ programmed right. If you know what I mean?

Darc, welcome
    I’ve heard of that before, I forget what they call it though. Unfortunately I can’t do that because I’m on Atkins, and I have to stay away from fruit for now. But I'm interested to see how it works for you, so please stick around so you can keep us posted on your progress. Congrats on the 100 pound loss. What an awesome accomplishment.

Kari, congrats on the birth of the new baby. I’m glad that everything worked out and she didn’t need to have a c section.
    Also on your new Job, see the job situation worked out for the best, now the car situation will too.

Ok, well It’s late, and it’s past my bed time.
    Till tomorrow

Mia
  • Good Morning!

I got in my workout at Curves this morning and came home and ate a serving of lite cottage cheese with a bit of fruit (blueberries) on it - yummy! And a full glass of pure water... gotta hydrate. I really did miss going to my workouts and it feels so good being back. But the people in the mornings @ 8:00 are so quiet!! I was going at 9:00 before they got the new hours and they chatted more. I am a chatter-bug and a morning person, so I am dying to get them to talk. I even take some time to listen to topics on the radio or read the paper before I go so I have some points of interest to get them going It helps some, but they are obviously not morning people and probably hate people like me! Oh well... ... I enjoy the workout and the owner, Sue, chats with me

DARCY ~ How are you doing today? Keeping on track? I enjoyed chatting with you yesterday and don't mind that you ask questions or may need a pick-me-up once in awhile. That's what we are here for!!! Did you go to your Curves today? Did you drink your water? Very important you know to weight loss and so is fiber.

CONGRATS AUNTIE KARI!!!!!! So happy to hear that she did not have to have a c-section... she'll be up and about so much quicker now. I just cannot wait to see the pictures of the baby!!! Bet she's beautiful!!!
    Come back soon with pics!!!

And I just couldn't be happier for you that you not only got a job, but you got a better paying job!!!! God is so good - isn't he! Now to get that car!!! I am still praying for you... you need that car to get to your new job. I am so happy for you, KARI! PLUS you went to Curves!!!! Yes!!

Oh... as far as Curves goes - I just go three times around and no one says anything. Most the other ladies do too. If you don't go a full 3x's you don't get all the machines in or the full 30 min. So it's working out okay.

Well ladies... I hope you all have a super day on your journey of health and well-being!!
    God's Blessings!!!
  • SunnyD and Angel - I totally know how you two feel - what is it about men that they think they have the right to decide what we get to know and what we don't get to know? Bizarre...the thought would never even cross my mind...Thank you both for sharing your stories and your kind words. Sunny - I totally forgot about your situation until you reminded me!! Angel - I am glad your dad is doing better - I will keep you all in my prayers!!

Kari - Congrats on your new job - Now that you are making more does that mean that you are going to keep your membership??
    Congrats on being a new aunt!! That must be so exciting!!

Darci - Welcome to the group!! Congrats on your HUGE weight loss success!! Keep it up!!

Went to Curves this morning - pulled into the parking lot and sat in the car for five minutes debating whether to go in or not - has that ever happened to anyone before? I haven't had that happen before. I sat there and debated with myself and finally made myself go in. (I am just so exhausted from everything this week that I was really contemplating going home and lying in bed all day.) I finally went in and got my workout done. I asked the owner if I could have a travel pass and she asked if I was going somewhere fun and I told her that my dad had a stroke - she immediately gave me a hug...It just amazes me how nice Curvers are! I didn't know that I needed one but I think I did because I decided to keep on trucking and get the heck to work. Went in till noon and now I am at home getting ready to go to my parents.

My father had some physical therapy yesterday and they told him that he will probably recover fully - I hope they are right - it just kills me seeing a 52 year old man carrying a walker!! So that is good news! Of course, the way life is going lately it is no surprise that my mom called me and told me that my aunt has a hereditary disease that is in the eye and causes tumors in the eyes, liver, kidneys, along with blindness and cancer. I have to get checked immediately because they can tell if you will get it and try to do things to prevent the onset. There is a high chance that several others in my family have it because our family is so big. I called my dr. office for a referral to an opthemologist and they told me to call back Tuesday.

Anyways, I am on that nice emotional rollercoaster and am ready to get off of it!! I am going to continue working out though because I find that life is just a little bit easier when I do.
    Thanks to everyone for your kind words and prayers...this is what makes this group so special!! Keep working out and have a great weekend!
  • Hello everyone - how are you all today?

I just got back from Curves And guess how I got to Curves today??? In my NEW CAR!!!

I am soooo excited! Last night - my mother and I went to the dealership to look at a car that I've had my eye on. I test drove it for quite a long time (45 minutes) and I LOVE IT. It's a 2000 Ford Contour Sport. We went in to sign the papers, (my mother decided to co-sign for me instead of my dad). She was approved, they just don't know what bank they will be financing through, because it was really late, and the banks were closed.

The guy was nice enough to let me take the car home with me so I can drive it some more, and see if I really like it...and I DO! It's awesome!

Later, after my digital camera charges, I will post some pictures of the car.
  • Here is the link to the photos of my new contour

Kari's 2000 Ford Contour Sport

------------------------------------------------------------
  • Hello

I just discovered this site and have been reading for a day or two. I just joined Curves this past week -- ours just opened up and I joined on the third day it was open.

So far I have had the chance to workout one time, for my instructional visit. I joined because I currently do no exercise, and I am hoping that by establishing a routine by going first thing in the morning after my kids are off to school -- I can stick to it.

I have about 65 lbs to lose. I've lost weight twice before -- 50 lbs on WW and 60 lbs on Jenny Craig, but over the years gained it back both times. My diet approach will simply be to eat healthily -- following WW type guidelines.

I am anxious to go to Curves again, but I found out I can't go on Monday. I hope to go Tues thru Friday though! Ours is not open on Sat.
  • aprilbride04 - I hope that your dad is doig better. I just saw my dad last night, and he is almost back to his normal self. Hopefully your dad will be soon too.

Kari, Congratulations on YOUR new "baby" (the car) You see everything is working out for you. Im so happy for you.

Amy, welcome to our thread. we always like newbies here. Post often so that we can get to know you. Once you start going to curves on a regular basis you will love it. After your curves has been open for a while and membershp increases they will probably open on Satudays for a couple of hours.

ok, well it's way past my bed time. hope everyone is doing well.
    Hi to everyone that i didnt mention by name.

Mia
  • Welcome Amy - to our little corner of the world! lol. This site, and Curves is DEFINATLY the best place to get started! I know you are going to just LOVE Curves! When I first started doing it on my own - I was thinking..."What have I gotten myself into???" I had hardely ever excercised before that, and to tell you the truth, I was absolutly winded! So as I was still getting used to the equiptment, I would take my time, and make sure I was doing everything correctly. (If you ever feel like you are doing something wrong, or you are hurting while doing an exercise at Curves, just stop and ask one of the instructors. They will make sure you're doing it right)

As I felt myself getting stronger by working out at Curves, I pushed a little harder, and a little faster, and I could FEEL my body changing. Now I'm not so winded when I work out, but I can still feel my muscles working. Recently I started feeling a little down and avoided curves for about a week and a half. I suppose maybe I just needed the break, but now I'm back in full action. So if you ever become tired, and don't feel like going, just step back for a few days - take a break. Just make sure to go back!

This site and Curves is such a great place to make friends, get motivated, and inspire others! Guaranteed!

I hope to see ya around here often Amy And congrats on starting Curves!

~ Kari Berry ~
  • Kari - Congrats on your car - very cute!! You must be so excited...I know I was when I got my new car...although I am hoping to be in a position to get a new one in a year or so...
    Did you throw your favorite CD in and drive for an hour or so yet?
    Is your payment low enough that you are going to be able to keep your Curves membership?

Hi AMy! - Welcome, welcome, welcome!! This is a great board and I think that you will love it - everyone here is so great!! I know what you mean about working out in the morning - I have been getting up at 6-6:30 every morning and going to Curves for about 7 weeks now. I am going to get my measurements taken Tues or WEd this week so hopefully I will have some good results to tell you about!! I can tell that I have lost though! And I feel so much better!! Plus, now that I am in the habbit I don't want to miss my workouts - I just don't feel right throughout the day when I miss one!

Angel - I am so happy that your dad is feeling better! I saw my dad this weekend and I can't believe what a few days can do - he looks so much better than he did when I last saw him on Tuesday!! I think that he will be alright. Sounds like your dad is going to do great too - keep me posted!

Got my Monday morning workout in today. Had to scrape my car and couldn't warm it up because I forgot to go fill up my car and the gas gauge was the lowest I have ever seen it! Froze my butt off and then had to pump gas....finally got to Curves though. (Actually, I was glad that I made it to the gas station!!) Anyways, decided that I really need to add some cardio into my workout since all I have been doing lately is just Curves....need to be more committed to getting on my Elliptical a few nights a week - I think that I will see some fast results with a few extra workouts. Get to weight and measure myself Tuesday or WEdnesday...haven't in 7 weeks since I got hypnotized so wish me luck...I am thinking that I will tomorrow...

Talk with you all later - happy Monday!
  • Insurance...
    Today I go to finish signing the papers for my new car. I am so bummed about the insurance though. My insurance is $290 a month!!! My car payment will be around $150 a month. That $290 is what really kills me! I *thought* that I may be able to stay with Curves - but now I'm not sure. I've been budgeting all morning, and Curves just doesn't fit in well after groceries, bills, car payment, and insurance. If my insurance were cheaper, I'd be okay - but because of my age, and no health insurance, they want to charge me a fortune! Blah...

Oh well - I'll manage. I WILL get to curves...some how

- Kari
  • Kari..$290 a month sounds outrageous. I pay $380 a month for my husband, myself and my two kids and one of them is an 18 year old boy which is almost $100 for just him. Course that is for liablility only but still that is crazy high for you. I have never been asked by my insurance company if we have health insurance which for years we didnt. Might pay to shop around.
  • I called around all morning....got quotes from everywhere.

AAA was the best so far - they now want $230 a month. Everywhere else it was $320+ And everyone I called asked if I have health insurance. I know that's part of it - and because of my age (21).

I have no tickets or accidents. I'd hate to see what it would be if I did! :O

Insurance Company's are horrible...they practically rob you.
  • Kari- Wow!!! That is outrageous!! How much liability are you getting? You might want to check that - I know that when I was in college a few years back I was getting raped because I was under my parents old policy which had too much liability for me, who has no assets! Are you in college? I know that there is health insurance for college students through most universities that tends to be pretty affordable...maybe that could help....