Rant, rant rant, rant, rant....

• I've been lurking around this site for some time now and finally have to come clean - I'm really depressed about my total lack of self-discipline around my eating. I don't get it. I work a demanding job, I have a great marriage, my house is clean, both the dog and cat are well fed, loved and have a good sense of themselves (we don't have children yet...) our finances are in good shape, i've got everything else under control and to that, i'm disciplined about every other thing, but when it comes to food, i turn into a stark raving lunatic. A totally different person. This week along I have committed and recommitted myself to a healthly eating program only apparently be afflicted in amnesia everytime i pass by a cookie or piece of candy......my clothes are getting tighter and i feel horrible, that doesn't seems to stop me....am i totally alone in this? thank you for letting me rant - i'm having one heck of a day.....
  • If losing weight were easy, believe me there would be a lot more people on the bandwagon. There is nothing wrong or unusual about you. You HAVE to be in the right frame of mind to commit to something like weight loss and all that goes with it and it takes up a lot of your time. Step back from it all and look at it realistically. Do I really really want this or is it not that important to me? Can I by pass those cookies for things that I really want down the line, like better feeling clothes and feeling better. Do I have it in me to make a commitment to doing the hardest thing I have ever done? Am I the kind of person who gives up or am I strong and independent and can DO THIS?

Now as you can see, you should be answering yes to these questions is what you really want is to lose weight. We aren't necessarily always ready to do it even though we think we are. I KNOW you have it in you to make a commitment to lose weight and make yourself healthier.

Get involved in one of the threads here that offers challenges etc. Give yourself some incentive to lose weight. Something you really really want and have denied yourself, a trip, new clothes, jewelry whatever. Find people who have succeeded and encourage yourself with their success. Check out my website to give you a boost. If I can do this I KNOW YOU can (www.freewebs.com\trexnonny/) These things will all help you to stay on task. Come visit at my thread, Time For Serious Fun, here on support, we have tons of things going on.

Everyone is here for you!

Faye
  • Welcome to FT...Allthighs...and You are not alone! I too feel I have so much control over everything EXCEPT...FOOD!..I consider myself a high achiever is sooo many other areas of my life..except I can not get a true 100% grip over my eating!

Food is intended to be fuel for our bodies!..but I abuse this fact on a daily basis!..WHY? I have such a strong urge to eat that it is hard to explain!..I sometimes feel I can actually read other people's mind..saying..What the **ll is wrong with her. She could be even more of a dynamic person..if she could only get the weight off. And I know that it is true!...I hold back...the weight holds me hostage!!

I am trying curently to get rid of some negative self talk that I do to myself...hoping one day soon to have enough courage to do it!..to go one whole day and not overeat?

Have you seen the thread Does anyone else feel they are addicted to food?..Join us there..we are planning a Accountability group.
  • Sorry I mean welcome to 3FC..not FT (fertile thoughts)..I having been reading the baby board to much today..OR could it have been the fact that I was eating a popsicle and typing with one hand?
  • thank you for your responses. i didn't really do that well with not eating bad foods today, but i'm off to the gym to get some of the good feelin' endorphins going. i hope everyone has a good evening.